Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:02:46 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  EBAY STRIKE!PLEASE JOIN US! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EBAY STRIKE!PLEASE JOIN US!  (Read 16615 times)
316zombie
« on: February 09, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »

ebay has screwed sellers for the last time,and we are going on strike!many buyers have joined us in the pledge.as they feel the changes are also unfair to them,as well!we will not be listing,or buying,from feb.18th through the 25th,please support us!
if it's okay with andrew,i will list the alternate auction sites we are moving to,at least where the movie sellers are going,if anyone is interested.
check out youtube,for TONS of info!or,if you are an ebayer,check the answer center,the sellers board,and ebay groups,please!and PLEASE, sign the petition for google to creat an auction site,as well as the other petitions!
thank you,y'all!
zombie
p.s.,this is now worldwide,YEEHAW!!
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 05:54:38 PM »

I was going to list some things for sale there, but I've decided to join in the strike.  As a seller, I want to know if a bidder has screwed anyone over before.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 06:37:08 PM »

What is the nature of the problem? I'm curious to know as I buy many of my old Famous Monster mags there.  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 06:51:14 PM »

What is the nature of the problem? I'm curious to know as I buy many of my old Famous Monster mags there.  Question

copied & pasted:

The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate -record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.
-Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
-Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)
-Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.
-When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.
-When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.
-Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.
-All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.
-Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.

On the plus side, I think they're lowering various fees.

Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »

Lowering fees is great for business, but not being able to tell people that a buyer is someone who likes to bid but not pay isn't fair to sellers. 

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 08:13:22 PM »

This is especially odious to the artifact collecting community because so many of the artifacts on EBay are modern reproductions sold as ancient relics.  Without the ability to leave negative feedback, we can't know who is a good seller and who is not.  Some of the bogus artifacts sold over EBay have gone for thousands of dollars too.  I have some items listed right now, but after they close, I will not be listing anymore till the strike is done.  This ain't right!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 10:34:34 PM »

Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.

That's interesting.  I can certainly understand them wanting to get rid of retaliatory feedback from sellers, which was having the effect of artificially inflating people's feedback percentage because everyone was afraid to leave neutral or negative feedback, but on the other hand...from now on if you win an auction, you can pay for it, or not.  Makes no difference to the buyer I guess.  That's kind of going overboard.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 11:21:06 AM »

I Keep hoping that some day they'll be another quality auction site pop up that is actually laid out well and works so that there is something better than eBay to go too, to many other sites like yahoo auctions, ioffer, ubid and others just seem to be lacking.
Overall eBay sucks, and I've never liked there feedback system often I find myself leaving NO Feedback because positive was not deserved and I didn't want a negative myself. When I buy I pay instantly, within hours and then the seller takes a week to reply and another week to ship and then when it arrives it's not as described. which really p**ses me off and seller knows they screwed you and hold feedback over your head even though you paid within minutes, just annoying.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 10:48:05 AM »

I've been buying most of my stuff from the sellers at Amazon.  No feedback for buyers, just sellers, so people are free to give their honest opinion.  If you have a problem, just contact Amazon and they'll refund your money promptly.  And no waiting for auctions to end and all that silly outbidding you by 25 cents thirty seconds before the end of the auction crap.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 07:41:09 PM »

On the plus side, I think they're lowering various fees.
Yeh, don't let them fool you.  The FINAL VALUE FEES are going up from over 5% to over 8%...

Without the ability to leave negative feedback, we can't know who is a good seller and who is not.
Buyers will still be able to leave negative feedback for sellers.  What's not right is being unable to leave negative for a buyer who doesn't pay or makes one's life miserable with petty BS.  I have two IDs on ebay, but I've never left negative for a buyer, even when I was needlessly put through the wringer.  My reason?  Wanting to keep my seller feedback 100% (which it still is.) 

Here's more of the ebay spin (aka BS):
"Last year, we started requiring all new sellers to offer PayPal or a major credit card as a safe payment option. This gave buyers a higher degree of protection when they transacted with sellers who had little or no track record." 
My thought: This change was not to "protect" buyers, but to require sellers to accept paypal payment - which costs the seller yet more fees!  If it means more money for ebay - question it!!

"And there's one important enhancement that will make it even more useful to the buying experience. We will begin using Detailed Seller Ratings in the Best Match algorithm to differentiate between sellers who provide a positive buying experience and the small percentage that don't.  Here’s how it'll work: Great sellers, as defined by high DSRs within the last 30 days, will get higher visibility in search results than sellers who have lower rates of buyer satisfaction."
My thought: What this means, occassional sellers (even if long-term sellers of many years) if you don't sell regularly, buyers will have a harder time finding your listings. 

Here's the full Bill Cobb announcement:
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200801.shtml#2008-01-29054823

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
316zombie
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 05:19:21 PM »

exactly! on several points! since the dsr system was instituted,we sellers have already been dealing with feedback"extortion"!here's some examples-
either you give me extra product,or a partial refund,or i will leave neg feedback.  your s&h is too high,i want a refund,or i will neg you.  i refuse to return the item,if you don't refund me,i will neg you.
now,i realize that buyers have been screwed too,i'm one of them.but a buyer's negative feedback is close to negligible in comparison to a seller's!this is our reputation on the line,WAY more so than for the buyer.we,as sellers,lose sales from negs.we,as buyers,don't often lose the chance to bid on items,since most sellers will READ the feedback to decide whether to cancel a bid.and when it comes to"store"items(i.e., buy it now),we have NO option to cancel a transaction AFTER the sale.i,personally,have recieved retaliatory negs from sellers who screwed me,and negs or nuetrals from buyers who didn't INFORM me,the seller,that they weren't happy,therefore giving me NO option to try to solve the problem.i have had 2 buyers return items that were defective,i happily gave them a full refund,plus their return shipping,because I was at fault for not checking the item i was selling.the sellers i recieved negs from sent me defective items,would not accept return for full refund,and left negs saying i was too stupid to know what i was doing,so i shouldn't be buying on ebay!
now,i have no recourse if someone decides to screw me out of the money i deserve for the item they CHOSE to bid on.IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY S&H FEES,DON'T BID!!!IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS,CONTACT ME BEFORE YOU BID!!!as someone who is MAINLY a buyer,this is how i do things! i read the ENTIRE auction,i decide if the pricing is appropriate,and i ASK before i bid!
sorry,i'm just really irate about this!and yes,we sellers ARE banding together  to find a new site to sell our stuff on.please contact your fave sellers,or buyers,and ASK,or TELL where you will be selling! alot of us are going to wagglepop,tazbar,ecrater,and ioffer,but we need YOUR help to make these new sites viable,you know?
okay,off the soap box,bear....
thanks for listening,y'all!zombie
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  EBAY STRIKE!PLEASE JOIN US! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.