Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:02 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that make you go "bOO-hOO!" « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Movies that make you go "bOO-hOO!"  (Read 27687 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: February 15, 2008, 12:05:26 PM »

Has a movie ever mad you cry? The olny one that I can think of that made me cry was this one that I saw when i was like 9 or 10. It was about this nun or some generic old lady who lived by herself in this little house in the mountains or something, and her whole life her only friend was this tree. One day, some people come down and saw the tree down to use it as a christmas tree in New York city. It was her best friend! It made me cry.

Any of you guys got a sob story?

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 12:13:54 PM »

Field Of Dreams...I probably can't watch it now because I'm a father and I'd lose it for a few days. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 12:27:45 PM »

The ending of It's a Wonderful Life does it to me every time.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 12:54:03 PM »

At the end of The Night Porter, I always cry...
After watching Secretery, i decided to read the book..that really made me cry

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 12:59:26 PM »

Spoken like a true bad movie geek, the ending of Godzilla 1985 gets me all trembly lipped. It's the combo of Raymond Burr's soliloquy and Big G's death screams as he falls into the volcano. The fact that he was duped into by the same evil mankind that fathered him just makes it all the more painful to sit through.  Bluesad

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 01:56:54 PM »

Lots of scenes in SAVING PRIVATE RYAN really choke me up.

"Was I a good man?"

Gets me every time. 

Also,towards the end of WE WERE SOLDIERS.....when Mel Gibson is all choked up when he arrives home.

Come to think of it...lots of war movies make me sad. I really got a thing against war...yet I own a lotta war movies. Go figure.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 02:07:42 PM »

Spoken like a true bad movie geek, the ending of Godzilla 1985 gets me all trembly lipped. It's the combo of Raymond Burr's soliloquy and Big G's death screams as he falls into the volcano. The fact that he was duped into by the same evil mankind that fathered him just makes it all the more painful to sit through.  Bluesad

Geez....you reminded me of something...

When I was a teenager,I took my little sister Wendy to see KING KONG (1976). She started crying when Kong was getting wasted atop the World Trade Center. I had to calm her down by telling her that Kong was just acting for the movie...that it was only ketchup packs.....and after they made the movie Kong went back home to his island. She was only about 5. Heh. She cried for Kong.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 06:04:06 PM »

The opening scene in Saving Private Ryan when the old man is standing on the cemetery at Normandy. I've been there and to many other veteran cemeteries and with out fail I get a little puddly watching it. 

I'm not known for my soft side but there are a very few that get me, nearly every time, most revolve around military movies dealing with reflection in later life, remembering those that have pasted. Personal reasons I won't get into.   

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 06:22:57 PM »

When I was a kid E.T. and Charlotte's Web.  As an adult, Philadelphia...and I got choked up at the end of Return of the King but no tears.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 06:53:55 PM »

Man, is it easy to make my lip quiver Lookingup

20 Million Miles to Earth - The ending always makes me feel a little blue. It wasn't a monster!
King Kong (2005) - Kong's eyes dilating as his life slips away before he finally falls kills me.
Dragon Wars - the dragon crying and soaring off in sobs. My eyes are never dry.

Those are only the more recent ones. There are literally too many for me to remember and name without it seeming to the untrained eye that I'm making the stuff up Question

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
BixDugan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 07:30:17 PM »

Geez....you reminded me of something...

When I was a teenager,I took my little sister Wendy to see KING KONG (1976). She started crying when Kong was getting wasted atop the World Trade Center. I had to calm her down by telling her that Kong was just acting for the movie...that it was only ketchup packs.....and after they made the movie Kong went back home to his island. She was only about 5. Heh. She cried for Kong.

I also saw Kong in a theater in 1976. After Kong falls all the way down from the top of the Trade Tower, he is completely still and the audience is silent.
Some guy quips-

"I HOPE HE'S OK!"
LOLs all around...

Clerks II, when the girl parks in front of the woman's clinic (considering an abortion), while the father sees a little girl wave to him from a restaurant window. Buckets!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 08:47:27 PM »

Alright, heres one that is a bit goofy but I get choked up at the end of Finding Nemo.  Where Nemo and his father hug and Nemo goes off the school.  Once again, the father/son thing.  Being a parent I think makes you a bit soft once and awhile.

Return Of The King was mentioned.  The part where they all bow to the Hobbits.

Return Of The Jedi where Luke sees Yoda, Anakin and Obi Wan.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 09:07:19 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 09:16:30 PM »

Old Yeller  Bluesad

Everyone cries at this
Pilgermann

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 09:23:53 PM »

The Iron Giant gets me during the "Superman" bit during the big climax.  I have a feeling that the upcoming Wall-E will make me weepy since it has an adorable little robot.

The Elephant Man makes me tear up a bit every time.

Eyesore
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 09:38:47 PM »

Awakenings. When De Niro starts to relapse, I start to well up. It goes soggily downhill into the fetal sobbing position from there. Even now I generally start to tear up when I pass the word "Awakenings" on the guide channel...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that make you go "bOO-hOO!" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.