Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:31:00 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that make you go "bOO-hOO!" « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Movies that make you go "bOO-hOO!"  (Read 27698 times)
Mrdstruction
Dedicated Viewer

ayatollah of rock N Rolla !?

« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2008, 01:53:40 PM »

IDK why but the first movie that ever really got me was tombstone when Dock holiday(val Kilmer) dies laughed when he looked at his toes though.
 I know these arent movies but i cried when wesley

it was also sad when spike died in buffy went out good though lol
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHE04yFNEO8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHE04yFNEO8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Dr_Malavaqua
Dedicated Viewer

Blind & vengeful

« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2008, 05:58:41 AM »

Dear Mrdstruction!  Smile

Since English isn't my native tongue, I am in no position to comment on your use of the language in question. But unfortunately I find some of your posts practically unreadable, so would you please consider the following(which I do myself):

1. Use the Spell Check function, located just below the window with your writings in it.
2. Review/preview your comments calmly a couple of times before posting them, do they make sense?
3. Please consider using capital letters(in the right places) and punctuation once in a while.

This was only meant as kind advice and I sincerely hope that I haven't hurt your feelings.

Yours truly:
The non-English speaking, frequent word-Googling /Dr_M  Smile

"...and there was much rejoicing!"
Potato king
Dedicated Viewer

ölöm

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2008, 05:00:43 AM »

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned "The Phantom of the Opera"  Buggedout
The 1925 version didn't make me cry but all the others made me sob like a little child, especially the 1943 version with Claude Rains. I always found him to be the most sympathetic of the Phantoms... A lonely old violinist who spends all the money he makes to pay for Christine´s singing lessons, then he tries to get more money by selling a concerto and kills a man he thought had stolen his music... He gives everything he has for Christine, even his own life, and that gets me every single time... Same thing goes for every version of "King Kong".
I also cried while Watching "Paulie". Parrots are so adorable, and the movie was so touching, that combination got me off guard  Twirling
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2008, 09:47:02 AM »

Spoken like a true bad movie geek, the ending of Godzilla 1985 gets me all trembly lipped. It's the combo of Raymond Burr's soliloquy and Big G's death screams as he falls into the volcano. The fact that he was duped into by the same evil mankind that fathered him just makes it all the more painful to sit through.  Bluesad

Likewise when I first saw it. The music, the visuals... even Raymond Burr's narration lent to it. I was like 9 at the time. It was the first time I'd seen a Godzila movie with a serious tone, so it was quite an experience for me. I hadn't even seen Godzilla, King of the Monsters until years later. I remember my eyes welling up with tears right as the roar changed into a scream. It still is a powerful moment for me.
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »

Dear Mrdstruction!  Smile

Since English isn't my native tongue, I am in no position to comment on your use of the language in question. But unfortunately I find some of your posts practically unreadable, so would you please consider the following(which I do myself):

1. Use the Spell Check function, located just below the window with your writings in it.
2. Review/preview your comments calmly a couple of times before posting them, do they make sense?
3. Please consider using capital letters(in the right places) and punctuation once in a while.

This was only meant as kind advice and I sincerely hope that I haven't hurt your feelings.

Yours truly:
The non-English speaking, frequent word-Googling /Dr_M  Smile

I'm a native speaker, and I agree with Malavaqua. I've seen l33t and text-message shorthand more coherent than that! I'll bet Mr. Destruction there has ADHD or some such.
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2008, 02:29:22 PM »

Grave of the Fireflies...

I must concur on TWOK. That ending always gets me.

Thirded

There's a slightly more saccrine movie called 'Barefoot Gen' that I nonetheless recommend.

Of course, an Anime doesn't have to be historical to get the waterworks flowing. As a medium, they really seem to be adept at including all facets of emotion into a story that only advertises one or two.

I've heard Battle Angel is going to be made into a live action by Americans-BUY the Anime and the Manga. Amazing, heartwrenching stuff.

I may have seen Barefoot Gen. I know I've seen the box for it.

True about the emotion. Too many people are quick to write off all anime as either Dragonball, hentai, or Pokemon. It's an entire art unto itself with as many facets as any other standard art.

As for Battle Angel, I'm curious to see how serious a shot they give at the movie. I hope they don't make some cheap Matrix / Cyberpunk looking knockoff. There's more to it.

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2008, 09:06:26 PM »

Agree big time with OLD YELLER, AWAKENINGS, GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS, KING KONG and THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. The following films I've found very moving as well at times:

PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE
GHOST IN THE SHELL
PATLABOR 1: THE MOVIE
PATLABOR 2: THE MOVIE
DOMINION: TANK POLICE
BRAZIL
NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR
BLADE RUNNER
THE CROW

And probably most moving of all is Edward G. Robinson's "Going Home" scene in SOYLENT GREEN.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 09:10:09 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Susan
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2008, 08:38:45 AM »

Most men will only admit to crying to guy movies with chuck norris or a giant beast. LOL So i've found.

Now sometimes I'm in a mood and i'll cry at a stupid movie. But, if I had to list only the movies that had me in the gut wrenching heaving sobs that are ugly and only done privately a few come to mind

"PONETTE" - I only saw this movie once but when I did it was very sad. It was about a little 5 year old girl coping with the death of her mother the way a 5 year old might. It felt very real, and she gave a really good honest performance for a 5 year old. This movie is in french, subtitled, however. I know that's on the list of "no no's" for guy movies :-)

"DANCER IN THE DARK" - This was a strange movie, very odd music by Bjork and I found myself watching it on cable late one night. I couldn't turn it off because I guess i just wanted to see what happened next. Before I knew it I was really drawn into this woman's dark world where she tried to use fantasy as a way to escape. And well, the end, did me in.

"TERMS OF ENDEARMENT" - I know, always the staple for chick flicks. But Any movie that deals with death you can't help but feel sad over, because we've all been through these moments. You empathize

"BRIDGE TO TARIBITHIA" - I know, i'm kind of embarassed at this one. I thought it was going to be stupid like that "Chronicals of narnia" crap. But the next thing I knew i was a pile of snot

And yeah the staples like Old Yeller, lots of movies make us teary eyed or have a moment of tears like "Schindlers list" or dang, any spielberg movie. I was trying to think of movies that physically took the life out of me..lol  But I also cried as a kid at the end of King Kong - i didn't think it was fair Kong had to die.
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2008, 06:41:15 PM »

Boys from Brazil always gets to me...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2008, 08:49:58 AM »

Okay, people will laugh at me talking about these, but they do make me cry.

1. To Heal A Nation: TV movie about Vietnam veteran Jan Scruggs and his fight to have the Vietnam War Memorial built in honour of the Veterans. Those last emotional ten minutes or so of the film make me blub.   Bluesad

2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: the 1990 film has a scene where Master Splinter appears to his sons above the fire and says "I love you all, my sons." Yikes, waterworks city.  Bluesad

3. Armageddon: from the time that Bruce Willis shouts "We win, Gracie!" to the end of the film, I cry like a baby. A combination of the acting, cinematography and definitely the music by South African Trevor Rabin.  Thumbup

4. The Shawshank Redemption: From the time that Red finds the box in the field to the final beach scene.....yowza  Bluesad

5. The death of Richard Harris in The Wild Geese  Bluesad

6. The death of Jock the faithful dog in Jock of The Bushveld  Bluesad

7. The ending of Jannie Totsiens had me blubbing in the projection booth.  Bluesad

8. The main character's suicide in Katrina also had me bawling.

9. The ending of The Winners left me in pieces.

And, on a lighter note..............

The scene in "X Men: The Final Stand" where Hugh Jackman kicks that mutant in the cojones and says "Grow those back" brought tears to my eyes.  TeddyR

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 08:55:46 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2008, 10:57:24 AM »

BAND OF BROTHERS.
Even thinking of the music gets to me.
The scene where Winters and his men board the C-47 for Normandy realy makes me loose it.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that make you go "bOO-hOO!" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.