Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:50:10 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  PS2 Games Advice « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: PS2 Games Advice  (Read 17389 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 01:41:11 AM »

I loved GODZILLA: SAVE THE EARTH. Now I know a lot of folks were a bit disappointed with that one but I was very happy especially once I learned how to use Gigan's buzzsaw belly. There's a variety of little games within that one too although the gameplay is perhaps a bit repetitive...depends on how cool you feel it is to be able to play the monsters...that's the appeal of it to me. Agree very much with the recommendation of MARVEL: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE. Great game. And they might be a bit cartoonish but I like the Spyro the Dragon games for PS2. And speaking of collections, I love the Atari one.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
moman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 05:16:42 AM »

It's a PsOne game but it's great and will work on the console - Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 08:56:48 AM »

I do have Abe's Oddysee around here somewhere for my good old PS1.  Had forgotten all about "Destroy All Humans," but I'll definitely look for that one.  Vaporizing crowds of hairless apes sounds like the perfect way to relax.

Jase, I believe that there is a newer Godzilla game called "Godzilla Unleashed" and the reviews for it have not been kind.  "Godzilla:  Save the Earth" has gotten a lot more love.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Zoolook the Mudkip
New Visitor

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 07:52:33 PM »

Gradius V has epic boss fights
Small | Large

It's only like twenty bucks too.
Next to R-Type Final and Dragon Quest 8, it wins my vote for best PS2 game.
Torgo

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 10:05:44 PM »

I'd heard that the newest Godzilla game was one to avoid on the PS2.

I thought it was terrible. I bought it used and took it back the next day.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 10:07:11 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xEedRScDDQ

\

Oh yeah I'm a huge shmups fan.  Gradius V is a great game and I'm perplexed as to the somewhat mixed reviews that some gaming sites gave it.  The Gradius III/IV is pretty cool as well if you're into old school shoot-em-up type action.

Raiden III is a decent vertical shooter. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Zoolook the Mudkip
New Visitor

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 10:50:12 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xEedRScDDQ

\

Oh yeah I'm a huge shmups fan.  Gradius V is a great game and I'm perplexed as to the somewhat mixed reviews that some gaming sites gave it.  The Gradius III/IV is pretty cool as well if you're into old school shoot-em-up type action.

Raiden III is a decent vertical shooter. 

Most reviewers seemed to have really dug Gradius V though. The ratio of reviews on Game Rankings is 83% out of about 61 articles.
Anyway, yeah. The Gradius III/IV compilation was pretty cool too. The arcade version of Gradius III is a beast. It's difficulty was on par with R-Type II and Pulstar. In fact, I can't even make it beyond the third stage of the arcade version.
I was sort of disappointed with Raiden III; it wasn't bad game by any means, but compared to some of the other shmups to have come out out in the last ten years like G-Darius, Ikaruga, Thunder Force V, etc., Raiden III just doesn't stand a chance. It makes for a good rental though. Just would've wished that Raiden would have had more of a bang after twenty years of being silent. Hopefully Raiden IV will make up for it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:51:43 PM by Zoolook the Mudkip » Logged
BixDugan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 02:32:30 PM »

From my favorites on the PS2:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

If you like flying?

Ace Combat 4 or 5.

Katamari could be good for kids.

hdjanks
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 04:22:33 PM »

Well Ive been Sports gaming with my ps2 NHL 08 is fun once you get the controls down.
And I've been poking at Drakenguard. and........ I dunno its ok So far the best ps2 games are still those last big hits they put out in 2005 God of War, Resident Evil 4. I'm finding you cant go wrong with capcom. Some weird titles they put out like  God Hand ( good fighter and Killers 7 ( strange play, super cheap ) are fun. Silent Hill Origins a PSP game is being ported to ps2, and theres vice city stories another psp port. I have not had much luck with RPG's Ive been thinking of trying FF12 , closest fun i had was dragon quest but I didnt finish that ether became to goofy and repetitive. 
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 03:05:13 PM »

System arrived, picked up a couple of games at GameStop, and I have to say that I love "Destroy All Humans 2."  I must have spent 2 hours just flinging tanks around, frying cops, and generally making an alien nuisance out of myself.  Then it was time to actually try doing some of the missions.

People on the street say some really funny things as you run by.  In some ways, it reminds me of the latest "Leisure Suit Larry" game.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 02:27:59 AM »

System arrived, picked up a couple of games at GameStop, and I have to say that I love "Destroy All Humans 2."  I must have spent 2 hours just flinging tanks around, frying cops, and generally making an alien nuisance out of myself.  Then it was time to actually try doing some of the missions.

People on the street say some really funny things as you run by.  In some ways, it reminds me of the latest "Leisure Suit Larry" game.

Told ya! It's addictive and a serious time killer ... then again most game are.

Katamari could be good for kids.

Good for any age kid (even adults) another seriously stupid addictive time killer ... you just roll a ball to make it bigger and meet your size goal to progress, goofy and addictive.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 12:35:03 PM »

Destroy All Humans, any good?

I wanted to get it but heard it was bad.  I'll check out prices tomorrow.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 01:06:14 PM »

I picked it up far $5 and a local store ... it was worth $5. I haven't played either DAH I or II in while but there not top notch games but they don't completely suck either.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 01:33:30 PM »

I have only played "Destroy All Humans 2."  The missions are fine, about par for the course for that sorts of thing.  However, I could spend hour just screwing with the civilians, cops, and military.  It's like "Rampage" in that manner.  There isn't any goal besides destruction.  You have to agree that it's funny when you shoot a few vehicles with the disc weapon and they go crashing down the street (the discs make whatever they hit fly through the air). 

Last night, I was laughing so hard that I cried.  I shot a VW microbus in the tail with a disc as I ran down the street.  It took off and flew "Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang" style for a few hundred feet, with the hippies jumping out two stories up in the air.  The flying microbus then landed flat on a crowd of people, before jumping into the air and crashing into a building.  One of the people it landed on did the flopping fish thing. 

It's  a blast when you have an APC, a tank, and a microbus all crashing up and down a steet (crushing civilians and troops).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 09:53:07 AM »

I have only played "Destroy All Humans 2."  The missions are fine, about par for the course for that sorts of thing.  However, I could spend hour just screwing with the civilians, cops, and military.  It's like "Rampage" in that manner.  There isn't any goal besides destruction.  You have to agree that it's funny when you shoot a few vehicles with the disc weapon and they go crashing down the street (the discs make whatever they hit fly through the air). 

Last night, I was laughing so hard that I cried.  I shot a VW microbus in the tail with a disc as I ran down the street.  It took off and flew "Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang" style for a few hundred feet, with the hippies jumping out two stories up in the air.  The flying microbus then landed flat on a crowd of people, before jumping into the air and crashing into a building.  One of the people it landed on did the flopping fish thing. 

It's  a blast when you have an APC, a tank, and a microbus all crashing up and down a steet (crushing civilians and troops).
I'd probably play it just to screw with the people.  That's what I do with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  PS2 Games Advice « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.