Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:03:36 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The X-Files « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The X-Files  (Read 13192 times)
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« on: February 17, 2008, 10:16:09 PM »

Is anyone else collecting the X-Files DVD sets?

I've watched seasons 1, 2 and 3 so far. I also have season 9 on DVD, but I want to watch them in chronological order. I wait until one drops to $19.99, and then I buy it. They're regularily $49.99, but why spend that much?

This show scares the crap out of me sometimes. I always watch it at night, just before bed, for the full effect. I used to watch it when I was little because the thrill was so fun, but I never had the chance to get into the storyline until now.

They always manage to find perfectly creepy actors for the roles. My favorite character is definitely Cigarette Smoking Man. I love and hate him. Deep Throat, from the first season, was really good too.

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 12:06:39 AM »

I'm not sure when I stopped watching it.  Somewhere around 2 or 3 seasons before it went off the air.

I loved the show to bits.  Pity they dont' make more good ones like it. 

Anyone know what happened to Chris Whatsisface, the creator of the show?

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 02:13:16 PM »

Chris Carter? He's directing the upcoming sequel to the 1998 X-Files film:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443701/

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:48:48 PM »

Thanks, Threnody.  It didn't even occur to me to look at that site *lol*

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 04:45:33 PM »

It's all right, I've done it before too. Twirling

-H.P. Lovecraft
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 09:27:47 PM »

I was a big fan of the X-Files. Don't have on dvd but I will one day. I also stopped watching it the last 2 or 3 seasons. When Mulder wasn't in it and Scully became a supporting charater and the guy who played T-1000 in Terminator 2 (Patrick Harris I think his name was Question) came on. Its sort lost its charm I feel.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 03:31:58 PM »

This is not actually a sequel, it's supposed to be a stand alone story.  Also, that would be Robert Patrick who played Agent Doggett.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
akiratubo

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 10:07:05 PM »

After a few seasons, I became very annoyed that no matter what happened THE GOVERNMENT would always be able to suppress the existence of any and everything paranormal.  And just why does the government do so, Chris Carter?

"Because, er, I dunno.  Look, it's THE GOVERNMENT!  It's bad!  And new technologies that aren't well understood by the general public yet are bad!  And everything that ever happens anywhere is a conspiracy!"

Yeah, whatever.

Scully also started to look mighty dense after a couple of seasons.  Then, suddenly, when Mulder left she became the believer and Dogget was the skeptic.

I still enjoy watching a few of the episodes, though I have no interest in the entire series anymore.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
hdjanks
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 11:26:40 PM »

I was a big fan of the X-Files. Don't have on dvd but I will one day. I also stopped watching it the last 2 or 3 seasons. When Mulder wasn't in it and Scully became a supporting charater and the guy who played T-1000 in Terminator 2 (Patrick Harris I think his name was Question) came on. Its sort lost its charm I feel.
That would be DOGett. The show did go dull with out Mulder. I still watched it, in hopes Mulder would come back.And they really made sure you thought he was coming back every week was a tease. Then he finally comes back but Dogett had to stick around and stink the show up. And the long gunmen are dead so there gos the geek humor. I dunno hopefully the movie brings back the feel like Flukeman days and the black oil episodes. If they do it like "fight for the future" itll be fine.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 08:46:58 AM »

After a few seasons, I became very annoyed that no matter what happened THE GOVERNMENT would always be able to suppress the existence of any and everything paranormal.  And just why does the government do so, Chris Carter?

"Because, er, I dunno.  Look, it's THE GOVERNMENT!  It's bad!  And new technologies that aren't well understood by the general public yet are bad!  And everything that ever happens anywhere is a conspiracy!"

Yeah, whatever.

That's pretty much what turned me off on the series.  I enjoyed the stand alone episodes, but all that cigarette smoking man stuff left me wondering when Moulder would start lining his hat with tinfoil to keep out the government mind control rays.  I didn't watch every episode, but I saw probably 90% of them, and maybe two-thirds were devoted to building up this gigantic UFO conspiracy thing, and I never saw a single one that was devoted to unravelling the mystery or bringing it to any sort of satisfying conclusion.  The government is controlled by a group of guys in a dark room...it just is.  We've probably all got alien devices in us from when we got our immunization shots.  We just do.

Yeah, whatever.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 10:17:06 PM »

I saw the movie at the cinema and liked it, although I thought it could've been better.  I think my attention span for tv started going downhill with the show.  Now, I start watching a new show and if it doesn't really grab me by the ears and scream in my face, I give up watching it after a few eps  *lol*

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Torgo

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 06:17:50 PM »

The show during it's first few seasons was quite entertaining and original but it then after about season 5 for me started to turn into a bit of a bore in addition to episode quality being hit or miss after about that point.

Plus, any show that introduced properly the lovely Gillian Anderson

has got to be given some props even from people who didn't like the show.   TongueOut   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 08:30:54 PM »

I can't believe Moulder found UFO's more interesting than her  BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 04:13:38 AM »

Anyone well familiar with UNIX remember the program called "spew" that would generate pseudo tabloid headlines out of random words (ie, "Jewish Monster Eats School Bus" and the like)?

I always joked that my friends and I should write a program that spews out random X-Files dialogue.   The dialogue would be utterly content-free but somehow portentious, ie,

"Does it proceed as planned?"

"There have been... delays."

"Oh?  What kind of delays?"

"Mulder has involved himself again."

"He must be stopped."

"No."

"Why not?  He endangers the work."

"Not yet.  There are reasons.  The word has not been given."

Etc.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 08:31:54 AM »

I remember this show as being the show that came on after Brisco County Jr..   TeddyR  I loved the first 3 seasons of it and then it got too episodic for me to follow it.  I don't like episodic TV.  I don't have the time or inclination to sit in front of the tube at a certain time each week (or to tape it and watch it later).

The movie was good and I'll definitely see the next one when it comes out.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The X-Files « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.