Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:07:25 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Origins of Names « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Origins of Names  (Read 7485 times)
AndyC
« on: March 04, 2002, 03:08:30 PM »

Just something I've been curious about for a while. Where does everyone get the names they post under? I notice a few of us use our real names, and some take names from a favourite movie, but some are less obvious, such as Flangepart (a machinist?), Squishy (Mr. Bumpy's pal?) or the Future Blob (a guy who eats a lot?). Not singling anyone out, these are just examples.

How did everyone choose the names they post under? Just another little get-aquainted exercise.
systemcr4sh
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2002, 05:39:56 PM »

a long time ago this guy I knew tries to make me a hacker and he wanted me to make up a handle, and this spurted out, and it stuck for a while. thats about how far the "hacking" thing got. After the handle nothing happened. I was glad though.

Then some tv show came out with the same name. I can never think of anything better. So I stick with it

-Dan
Vermin Boy
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2002, 05:51:28 PM »

When I was eleven, my cousin and I decided to make up superhero identities for ourselves using whetever masks were lying around. Unfortunately, the only one I could find was a Mickey Mouse mask. Making the best of it, I tried to think of the most menacing name that would fit the mask; hence, Vermin Boy.
C. Hill
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2002, 05:54:58 PM »

I'm not very creative, my last name is Hill and my first name is Chris, which makes me the guy with the most dull, boring name ever.  Unless you say my full name, Christopher Michael Hill, then it's not so bad.  Maybe one day I'll think up a 1337 h@x0r name like Dan did.
Funk, E
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2002, 06:06:19 PM »

I'm with Hill on this one except I happened to be born with an interesting name.
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2002, 06:25:45 PM »

Actualy, i did take a machinest corse once, but Flangepart Is a character name i came up with, when i was writeing letters to the Gary Burbank show on 700 WLW. My prefered nick name in the letters was Meatloaf Mike, inspired by the names of other writers (Cheese Burrito Fred, Pondicherry Griffin Lambergyre)...however...some Fricacta Schmagegger used it before i got my e-mail account! I was...a trifle Irked....but i used my Emergency Backup name (From the Columbus State Home for the Reality Impared ) Hironymous Flangepart,and here i is! If i ever get to make my Peon to MST3K, however....look out for Meatloaf Mike's Mangled Movies!, the Story of a man, his movies, and his madness...and as always, folks, remember, you have been warned! "Tonight's sterling missive from Weirdville is a tale of a depravity, grossness, and bizzare behavior. Then after you watch me do the salad bar at Denny's, we'll have a movie! Whats the title agine, Igor?....Earth Vs. the flying saucers?....Thats a good movie..who screwed up? Look, i'm gonna go b***h slap the purchasing dept, so you get a grip on a couch potato you can relate to, and stand by for the special effects Ed Wood could only dream of in a drunken stupor. Run the film,Igor....now where is that cattle prod?"  Hey, a man can dream, can't he?!
The Honn
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2002, 07:27:14 PM »

The Honn was a nickname derived from "Honourable".
Funk, E
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2002, 07:34:45 PM »

so it's pronounced w/ the "h" silent? "The On" essentially? Are you a judge or something
Mofo Rising
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2002, 08:13:34 PM »

Mofo Rising is from a mix tape I made a while back.  I happened to include "L.A. Woman" with its Mr. Mojo' Risin' refrain.  When it came time to name the tape I combined that with a word I always thought was funny.  I liked the name so much I decided to appropiate it for my internet handle.

Flip like a mofo!  (If you know where that's from you are the king of obscure references.)

Since then I've become considerably less entusiastic about the Doors, but the mix tape is still good.  Where else you going to find clips from Twin Peaks, Pulp Fiction and William S. Burroughs combined with Foetus, Mr. Bungle, Prick and P.J. Harvey?

Note: There is at least one other person running around with the name, but they seem to stick to mp3 remixes.  Besides, I thought of it first.
Cullen
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2002, 01:05:58 AM »

I wish I had a cool origin for MY name...

Cullen is my first name.  Was named after an uncle. Quite dry and typical, really.  I spent most of my life getting used to it and I'm not about to go under another one.

Although Davros' Pet Dalek does have some appeal...
The Future Blob
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2002, 10:39:35 AM »

Future Blob was from some old 70's commercial I , there would be kids saying "I don't know what I'm gonna do with my life" And this big blobby thing would come on and say "I am the Blob, the Future Blob" and something about resistance is useless or something like that, and then someone would save them...stupid kids...anyway I just remember the Blob so I picked it. Heck, the only thing I still remember from high school is who built the Tower of London, so I have to keep my memory alive somehow!

Please tell me someone else remembers that commercial and that it wasn't just me....
AndyC
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2002, 10:46:48 AM »

Yeah, I remember that one. Now I think I have the song stuck in my head.
Lee
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2002, 11:49:02 AM »

My imagination wasn't functioning the day I joined the board so I typed in my first name,Lee. Thankfully nobody has mistaken me for a girl yet. Or atleast I don't think they have. *looks closely into the computer screen*
The Honn
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2002, 01:07:07 PM »

No, the H is also pronounced. I dunno why I was given the nickname, I wouldnt consider myself honourable with my reputation.
Funk, E
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2002, 01:11:46 PM »

You could always change it to The Hun if you 've got a rep ;-)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Origins of Names « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.