Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:08:52 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  environmentalism is recycled communism and nazism « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: environmentalism is recycled communism and nazism  (Read 14372 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 04:08:42 PM »

andy- well put.   

of course, an environmentalist could say that this guy has similar religious/ non empirical views of environmentalism and money.  that is,  if it makes people rich it must be good for the world.
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 05:18:28 PM »

Infelxible Extremism in any form is really a bad horrible thing.  And I am very moderate in my support of that statement!   
However I do think it makes sense to:
1) Stop poisoning our food and water
2) Unnecessarily killing critters (I'll let you decide whats necessary)
3) Giving our hard earned money to the strangehold of foreign powers.  We need to be energy self-sufficient and we sure ain't.
4) Using up non-renewable resources in a silly manner.
5) Make sure most folks have a living.  This include fishers, loggers, miners, environmentalists, etc. 

I mean you husband your personal goods, why not protect the bigger picture? 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 05:49:04 PM »

Ed, don't you see you're a communist Nazi monster child molester because your plans prevent me from having the freedom to dump nuclear waste in the river every night?  I mean, really!  When will you environmentalists learn!

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »

You are correct, I mean it all washes away from your place right?
-Ed
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:05:26 PM by Ed » Logged

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 11:02:44 PM »

I'm all for recycling and all that happy stuff, but not at the expense of livelihood.

There are a very few extreme environmentalist wackos here, but the ones we have are just nuts! They're right up there with the kill all the humans to save the planet ... I just tell "You go first."
Karma for you!  BUt what I want to know is, why is it that if an enviornmentalist is breaking the la by disturbing the peace with a protest, and the police come to stop them, they refer to the police as nazi's?  They are breaking the law!!!  There is absolutley NOTHING communist, facist, or whatever you want to call it, about upholding the rules and regulations set up by a democratic system.  So not pnly do they want to destroy humanity, they want to destroy AMERICA!!!

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 07:00:42 AM »

Most enviormentilists are not 'Nazi's'.

Most would just like to keep the earth a nice place for future generations for everybody-YES! even human beings, to live in. And even extreme groups are so minor and small that they don't constitute as big a threat to world peace as Hitler or Communist China . I'm not in fear of any Fascist tree hugger taking over the world. I just can't picture some group of psycho hippies pulling a Bloody Sunday.I  worry about nuts like Timothy McVeigh and Bin Laden.

And vegans. some spooky people there.... Buggedout

Kidding! I KID !!!!!!   TongueOut

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 10:11:20 AM »

again,  guys,  he's not saying all environmentalists are extrmism.  he's saying their ideologies are based on the idea that the way things have been done since forever have to change and with force if neccasary, whether that is buy and selling things we want,  driving to the store, or having diverse societies.

tars tarkas-  yuo want to see real environmental degradation akin to dumping nuclear waste in rivers, go to any former soviet satellite.  or look at China.  communist countries are the worst environmental abusers ever.   
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 11:34:18 AM »

again,  guys,  he's not saying all environmentalists are extrmism.  he's saying their ideologies are based on the idea that the way things have been done since forever have to change and with force if neccasary, whether that is buy and selling things we want,  driving to the store, or having diverse societies.
No, he's being a crybaby and playing the nazi card because he thinks he is entitled to the culture of extreme waste and consumerism that is not sustainable.  Considering he's supposed to be an intellectual, the fact his entire argument sounds like something some idiot on a third-rate right wing blog would post just means he should be ignored until he learns to write at a high school level.
Having diverse societies is now communism?  Isn't that the exact opposite of communism?  Or is it just conservative freakouts that kids these days aren't 1950s idealized fantasyland lily white Americans going through their neighbors trash looking for communist manuals. 

tars tarkas-  yuo want to see real environmental degradation akin to dumping nuclear waste in rivers, go to any former soviet satellite.  or look at China.  communist countries are the worst environmental abusers ever.   
Environmentalism is a luxury of rich nations that can afford to conserve.  Second and third world countries are filled with people who need to worry about feeding their kids today, and care about saving the rain forests tomorrow.  The quickest way to stop the environmental damage is to get them to first world status so their economy can be stabilized and their growing middle class can work for environmental action.  Developing countries you mention (and dismiss as communist of former communist as if it mattered - looks at democratic India or other emerging democracies for the exact same thing) are focused on getting through now and worried about the environment later.  They are akin to 19th century US cities such as Pittsburgh with it's black air or New York with it's poison harbors.  If China gets 1/5th the level of the US, they will be using exactly the same amount of energy as us.  The same thing if India gets 1/4th the level of us.  And they aren't going to settle for fractions, they want the full monty.  We can't support three billion people living on American energy consumption standards, so if someone wants to make more fuel efficient cars that doesn't mean they are shoving Jews into ovens.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 11:48:16 AM »

When I read this kind of stuff it just makes me bemoan the loss of common sense in the world.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 12:05:53 PM »

When I read this kind of stuff it just makes me bemoan the loss of common sense in the world.

Common sense is a uncommon virtue.

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 02:39:09 PM »

I think protecting the environment is something people should have been doing since the day they stepped foot on the planet. Humans crap on mother nature to a point where the Earth is dying, I'd say recycling is the LEAST we can do.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »

Having diverse societies is now communism?

no.  i was saying the nazis didn't want diversity.  So instead of forcing everyone to live the way they want to, they should have just gone and lived and not consorted with other peoples if that's what they really wanted.  rather than foisting it on everyone else.

Environmentalism is a luxury of rich nations that can afford to conserve

the soviet union had billions of dollars, so does china.  they chose or choose not to be environmentally sound because they don't care.    do you think the russians lost sleep over chernobyl?  it's still there and still toxic. 

The quickest way to stop the environmental damage is to get them to first world status

lol, let them get it themselves!!  "giving" people first world status is the surest way to make sure both you and they are broke.  hayek's "the road to serfdom"

They are akin to 19th century US cities such as Pittsburgh with it's black air or New York with it's poison harbors.

yes the great industrial revolution that built this country.  but does the pollution created by poor people somehow not hurt us?  it's the same air.

We can't support three billion people living on American energy consumption standards, so if someone wants to make more fuel efficient cars that doesn't mean they are shoving Jews into ovens.

you are taking the title too literally.  it's a very very short piece.  he's simplly saying that if you are an environmentalist and want to put out less carbon do so.  the rest of us have free will and wil assess the situation for ourselves.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2008, 07:31:45 PM »

I visted George Reisman's blog/website. The articale you quoted include some illustrations of the flags of Soviet Russia with a green backround instead of red, a Nazi flag with a greenbackround instead of red, and a UN(!) flag for the Enviormentalists with a green backround instead of blue.

Cheap  propaganda tricks . And karma to Tars...Reisman obviously has a personal agenda he's pushing ...but a Goebbels he's not. American's are not as as easily brainwashed as post WWI Germans were.

In fact...here's a link to his blog.

http://georgereisman.com/blog/2008/02/look-whos-gone-green-and-always-was.html#links

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 07:36:10 PM »

We can't support three billion people living on American energy consumption standards, so if someone wants to make more fuel efficient cars that doesn't mean they are shoving Jews into ovens.

you are taking the title too literally.  it's a very very short piece.  he's simplly saying that if you are an environmentalist and want to put out less carbon do so.  the rest of us have free will and wil assess the situation for ourselves.

Yea, but environmentalists arn't forcing anyone to do anything. They are'nt killing anyone whole dissagrees with them. Peoples free will hasn't been violated by environmentalists.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2008, 10:22:40 PM »

What offends me, Lester, is that this thread is unadorned flame-bait, and you're trying to pretend that it's not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  environmentalism is recycled communism and nazism « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.