Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:06:19 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  If you're a man, are you AN ANGRY WHITE MAN? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: If you're a man, are you AN ANGRY WHITE MAN?  (Read 15015 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: February 19, 2008, 07:18:59 PM »

I can tell you I'm AN ANGRY WHITE MAN based on this article, and I'm proud of it!

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20080209/ASPENWEEKLY06/198091324

And with the latest comments by Michelle Obama the Angry White Man has one more thing to be angry about.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:12:10 AM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 07:35:18 PM »

Someone posted that on another forum  I belong to . . . much there that I agree with.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 09:13:53 PM »

I didn't think about it but there's quite a few good points in that article

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 09:45:14 PM »

I find that I fit the definition of one as it's described in the article, there are a number of good points in there.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 10:19:15 AM »

I think I need to get a T-Shirt made.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 11:10:42 PM »

Yeah, but someone will get offended, and be all, "Maaahhhh, I'm offended by that person expressing his views, let's force him to not say what he's thinking."

Yes, salad.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 12:52:20 AM »

Yeah, but someone will get offended, and be all, "Maaahhhh, I'm offended by that person expressing his views, let's force him to not say what he's thinking."

Trust me when I tell you I do not care who I offend ... because I live by the philosophy that I can not offend you, only you can let yourself be offended.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 07:16:26 AM »

I'm angry too!!!   Hatred

Why are candy and popcorn in movie houses so high?
 Where can I buy a Saurkraut hotdog while on the road?
 Why can't I watch CNN and see REAL news...instead of infotainment !?!?!
 Why can't I find a news stand that sells magazines and comic books and newspapers and coffee around this s**t-hole county?
 Why isn't Pam Grier in more movies?!?!?!

HOWCOME THE VENDING MACHINE SANDWICHES AT WORK ALL MADE OF COMPRESSED MEAT AND SOY PRODUCTS!?!?!?!?!? WHAT IS A 'RIB-SHAPED'SANDWICH MADE OF?!?!?!?!? SWEET BABY JANE!!!! ARGHHHHHHRHHH!!!!    hot

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 08:45:45 AM »

I'm angry too!!!   Hatred

Why are candy and popcorn in movie houses so high?
 Where can I buy a Saurkraut hotdog while on the road?
 Why can't I watch CNN and see REAL news...instead of infotainment !?!?!
 Why can't I find a news stand that sells magazines and comic books and newspapers and coffee around this s**t-hole county?
 Why isn't Pam Grier in more movies?!?!?!

HOWCOME THE VENDING MACHINE SANDWICHES AT WORK ALL MADE OF COMPRESSED MEAT AND SOY PRODUCTS!?!?!?!?!? WHAT IS A 'RIB-SHAPED'SANDWICH MADE OF?!?!?!?!? SWEET BABY JANE!!!! ARGHHHHHHRHHH!!!!    hot

Amen RC!

There is a lot in this that I agree with.  Smile

I am a born African, not a _______ African or an African _______ (fill in name of country in blank space) and can trace my history back nearly five generations, which makes me 100% African, even though there are those who challenge this as my skin is as white as Uwe Boll's bum.  Buggedout Apologies for that last horrible image.

Yes, I am white and I am angry. My country of birth (Zimbabwe) is in a shambles: absolute power corrupts absolutely and this is why that beautiful country has collapsed, once the breadbasket of Central Africa, now the outhouse of the world.

I fear that my country of adoption will go the same way: God forbid that it should but I refuse to stand by idly and let it happen.  Bluesad

Trevor, you've got way more to be angry about than anyone here could imagine.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
trekgeezer

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 11:11:45 AM »

On the lighter side (one can't be down all the time  TeddyR): the thing that makes me a steaming angry white guy is that our local DVD shops charge an astronomical 3000 South African rand (about $500) for the first season of the original Star Trek. YikesBuggedout

Check out these two articles about the travails of being a white African-American.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36764

http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=9801

I have a tendency to get a little perturbed about the term Native American. My fathers line goes back in this country to the early 1700s. Plus my great grandmother was an Indian.  I would think that would qualify me as a Native.

Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 07:47:14 PM »

Well I'm a man, white, and angry, so I guess I count as one of those angry white men in the article. I'd have to disagree with the arrogant author's stupid sneering snipe at Bush, though: no matter who gets into office this time around, everybody's going to be wishing for a third Bush term come February 2009. Serves'em right too.

Check out these two articles about the travails of being a white African-American.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36764

http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=9801

I have a tendency to get a little perturbed about the term Native American. My fathers line goes back in this country to the early 1700s. Plus my great grandmother was an Indian.  I would think that would qualify me as a Native.

I see the point with the two articles, but I should point out that with all the tech support guys being shipped in from India these days, referring to the folks Columbus mistakenly called "Indians" as Native Americans does help me keep track of who's who sometimes. When my Dad took us out to dinner with an Indian friend from work, for instance, I was a little uncertain at first which one he was going to be. ("American Indian or Indian Indian?") One of my adopted cousins, on the other hand, was one fourth Native or so. There's something to be said for the designation, therefore. ("Okay, the programmer guy is from India, while my cousin is from right here.")
Torgo

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 10:43:58 PM »

I am a born African, not a _______ African or an African _______ (fill in name of country in blank space) and can trace my history back nearly five generations, which makes me 100% African, even though there are those who challenge this as my skin is as white as Uwe Boll's bum.  Buggedout Apologies for that last horrible image.

Sorry, couldn't help myself when I saw that comment.  Uwe says SEE DUNGEON SEIGE!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »

Trust me when I tell you I do not care who I offend ... because I live by the philosophy that I can not offend you, only you can let yourself be offended.

Good way to think

Yes, salad.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 06:55:16 AM »

It's funny Cheeze...
I stumbled across this article a couple weeks ago and you were the first person I thought of.
That's not a good thing.   Bluesad

Please hear me out...

Don't you realize that your negative attitude shows through in almost every word you write here?
I would venture to guess that you do.  Why else would you post this thread?
You want us to know how angry you are.

Trekgeezer had it right when he mentioned that Trevor has more to be angry about than any of us. 
He was trying to make a subtle point and he succeeded admirably. 
Your complaining about this and that and how you're so angry is nothing compared to what Trevor and other less priveleged people in this world have been through and are currently going through right now.

Sometimes you write genuinely funny and insightful posts.
But most of the time you come across as an angry spiteful person who just wants to rant.
And that's too bad.
I find it quite disturbing when you say that you're proud to be an Angry White Male.
There are people on this earth who would kill to have what you have...
A home, a job, a vehicle, good friends and a wife and children who love you...yet you complain about trivial things.   Lookingup
I'm not trying to rip on you or insult you or drive you away.
I'm just telling you how I see it.  And I obviously see things very differently than you do.

I'm sorry (and I know I'm not alone here in saying so) but I don't buy into all of this AWM nonsense.
Cheeze...I think you seriously need a vacation.
I want to be your friend...not your enemy.
And I would much rather see you happy than p**sed off.

---------------------------------

My karma is at 154 and I'll be keeping an eye on it.
(it was at 155 yesterday but I think I can guess who took it down a point)
Please don't Boo me for stating my opinion here.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 09:15:35 AM by Ash » Logged
trekgeezer

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 08:28:58 AM »

Thanks Ash for making a point I was trying to think of a tactful way to make myself.  I think the board has been taking a awfully political turn of late and I would hate for it to start causing animosity among out members.

I don't buy the AWM crap either. I have brother that's one and he posts on political boards all the time baiting liberals. He and I argue about this stuff, but being brothers once the shouting is over we go back to talking about the stuff we enjoy. I hope it can stay that way here.

p.s. You know someone's going to make a comment about how strange it is for you to be voice of reason, so I'll just get it out of the way now.  Karma for you !

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 08:34:14 AM by trekgeezer » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  If you're a man, are you AN ANGRY WHITE MAN? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.