Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:41:03 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  If you're a man, are you AN ANGRY WHITE MAN? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: If you're a man, are you AN ANGRY WHITE MAN?  (Read 14958 times)
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 09:04:27 AM »

While I certainly don't need to defend Cheezeflixz, and that is not my intent here, let me give you my take on the article, Ash. I will agree with trekgeezer that an inordinate number of political "discussions" seem to be cropping up lately which may pose some danger of needless animosity. And I will agree that Americans have a fine standard of living and fewer problems than many worldwide. I personally saw the points made in the article as less about the anger (or whiteness or maleness) than about taking pride in the values the AWM represents. In other words, it praises the values of hard work, self sufficiency, and charity that at least used to make up the core values of America. Yes, the author uses that praise to make a political point, but underneath that superficial (but reasonably valid) point, there is the notion that the American Spirit, which the author misrepresents a bit as being that of only white males (my wife was a bit surprised to learn that she was, in many ways, an AWM), is still alive and well. That spirit, those values, are something to be proud of, whatever your skin color or gender. I have often been accused of being "too negative," and I may well be exactly that, but I am also able to see the positive aspects in negative situations, and I more often than not choose to focus on those positives. With this article, I focused on the praise rather than the anger or the politics, which almost seemed tacked on to give the article a hook to get it printed. I will karma-lize you for your thoughtful (and tactful) post and hope that you can see my point as well.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 09:27:01 AM »

Karma, Derf.

I deleted my posts on this thread as someone docked me a karma point: which means that I have offended someone through raising a contentious point somewhere.

It was not my intention to do so: My apologies if I have offended anyone.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 09:28:32 AM »

Thank you for your informative take on this issue Derf.
(karma for you too...and karma for Trevor)

My post was directed at the AWM phenomenon and to Cheeze himself because he represents it.
If that's what he wants to believe, I can't change his mind for him.
I can only try to persuade him that there are other paths in life other than the AWM route.

In my opinion, the AWM road is a dead end.
And we all know where a dead end road ends up...
When you get to the end of one, you have to turn around and go back the other way.

This AWM stuff is ultimately self destructive and will get you nowhere.
No matter how much you want to believe in it.
I recommend finding a more constructive path...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 09:57:39 AM by Ash » Logged
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 09:54:05 AM »

Karma, Derf.

I deleted my posts on this thread as someone docked me a karma point: which means that I have offended someone through raising a contentious point somewhere.

I think you probably got docked because of the point I made about you having more to be angry about.

I really don't want this to come down to bashing someone, my usual take is to avoid posts that might get my dander up. If someone espouses something I don't agree with I'm usually going to avoid it and not try to change their minds. My main purpose for frequenting this board is to have fun, learn something, and have an intelligent discussion occasionally. It is important to listen to  different people's points of view (not necessary to agree with them).

I remember when the Iraq war started and there were several heated exchanges on this board about it.  I think there were some folks that left because of that. I don't want to see that happen again. 

If I want a daily political discussion, I have a couple of blogs that I visit for that purpose.  Everyone please remain civil and don't ruin the good thing we have going here.

By the way Trevor, here's a little innocent bystander karma for you my friend.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 10:05:35 AM »

Smile

Thanks, Trek and thanks for standing up for me. 

Could you pleeeze try and convince the idiot DVD store owners here to bring down their prices on those Star Trek DVDs? I mean: 3000 SA rand for the original series first episodes................yeesh......  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 10:52:09 AM »

Hmmm, this thread got hotter since the last time I looked at it.  I had decided some time ago to avoid political discussions on this board (or any other.)  I think it's too bad TREVOR, that anyone would have docked you, I saw nothing offensive in your comments, or anyone else's.   Thumbup  Karma to you, trekgeezer and Ash.  Do we really think it's news that CHEEZEE is an AWM?  One of the great things about America, is that is his right!!  I read the article, and at first found myself being described.  The guns lost me.  Besides, I think of myself as more of a STRONG BLACK WOMAN.   TeddyR
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 07:33:38 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 11:04:21 AM »

It's funny Cheeze...
I stumbled across this article a couple weeks ago and you were the first person I thought of.
That's not a good thing.   Bluesad

Please hear me out...

Don't you realize that your negative attitude shows through in almost every word you write here?
I would venture to guess that you do.  Why else would you post this thread?
You want us to know how angry you are.

Trekgeezer had it right when he mentioned that Trevor has more to be angry about than any of us. 
He was trying to make a subtle point and he succeeded admirably. 
Your complaining about this and that and how you're so angry is nothing compared to what Trevor and other less priveleged people in this world have been through and are currently going through right now.

Sometimes you write genuinely funny and insightful posts.
But most of the time you come across as an angry spiteful person who just wants to rant.
And that's too bad.
I find it quite disturbing when you say that you're proud to be an Angry White Male.
There are people on this earth who would kill to have what you have...
A home, a job, a vehicle, good friends and a wife and children who love you...yet you complain about trivial things.   Lookingup
I'm not trying to rip on you or insult you or drive you away.
I'm just telling you how I see it.  And I obviously see things very differently than you do.

I'm sorry (and I know I'm not alone here in saying so) but I don't buy into all of this AWM nonsense.
Cheeze...I think you seriously need a vacation.
I want to be your friend...not your enemy.
And I would much rather see you happy than p**sed off.

---------------------------------

My karma is at 154 and I'll be keeping an eye on it.
(it was at 155 yesterday but I think I can guess who took it down a point)
Please don't Boo me for stating my opinion here.

I haven't boo'd you, but I should for being so judgmental and posting ad hominem attacks. (Not surprisingly mines gone down, thanks)
I could waste my time with a item by item response, but why bother? I doubt you'd understand, I don't feel you want too.
You completely missed the point of the article, so why bother explaining it?
Ash, clearly you don't like me and that's fine. You think you know me, you don't.
But a least you thought of me, so I guess that's a good thing.

In my opinion, the AWM road is a dead end.

You may think the AWM is a dead end? There is this letter called the Declaration of Independence that was written by a bunch of AWM. The AWM is not some bigoted ass setting around with their hands in the air waiting for someone to fix a problem, the AWM sees the problem and address it, they don't wait for someone else to lead the way they lead.
You may loath the AWM, but without him it's a far less HAPPY world.

Quote from: Allhallowsday
Besides, I think of myself as more of a STRONG BLACK WOMAN. 

You're not alone, I think of you that way too. TongueOut

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 04:16:07 PM »

Well, I hope you got a chuckle out of it, CHEEZEE, 'cause that's the intent.   BounceGiggle

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 06:38:58 PM »

Just before I left for work this morning-the last post I read was Ash'es. I thought to my self-"uh-Oh...the s**t's gonna hit the fan now."

I was wrong.

I should have known better. As diverse as our political,religious and social backrounds are....thise forum ALWAYS has maintained a sense of dignity and respect for others beliefs. Sure, it gets a little heated and touch y at times-but it never has really devolped into an idiotic screaming match. You guys are too smart for it!!!!

Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 08:02:09 PM »

I just karma'd everybody on this page, because this is a GREAT debate!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 09:44:10 PM »

Well, I hope you got a chuckle out of it, CHEEZEE, 'cause that's the intent.   BounceGiggle

Of course I laughed, we've had enough conversations by now for you to know I'm not going to get mad. If you get mad about something or someone on the internet then click the [X]

Just before I left for work this morning-the last post I read was Ash'es. I thought to my self-"uh-Oh...the s**t's gonna hit the fan now."

I was wrong.

I should have known better. As diverse as our political,religious and social backrounds are....thise forum ALWAYS has maintained a sense of dignity and respect for others beliefs. Sure, it gets a little heated and touch y at times-but it never has really devolped into an idiotic screaming match. You guys are too smart for it!!!!

Cheers

RC, life's to short ... either one get's it or they don't. You see the quintessential AWM is not necessarily angry, not necessarily white and not necessarily a man. Take Allhallowsday for example.

(it's a joke son)

I just karma'd everybody on this page, because this is a GREAT debate!

Thanks Indy.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 09:47:25 PM »

RC, life's to short ... either one get's it or they don't. You see the quintessential AWM is not necessarily angry, not necessarily white and not necessarily a man. Take Allhallowsday for example.

(it's a joke son)
Not ALLHOLLOWHEAD???  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle  Arencha glad I'm around to laugh at? 

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 09:53:07 PM »

(it's a joke son)
Not ALLHOLLOWHEAD???  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle  Arencha glad I'm around to laugh at? 

Well I'm trying not to be so angry ... you know sensitivity training and all.

(Insert mental image of Major Payne say ... Sens-i-tive.)

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 10:00:30 PM »

Thank you, DAMON.  Having been raised Catholic, I'm thinking more THOMAS A. DOOLEY

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2008, 10:10:20 PM »

Thank you, DAMON.  Having been raised Catholic, I'm thinking more THOMAS A. DOOLEY

But can he 'Deliver Us from Evil' ... not to get into his alleged personal life but I will never be that sensitive.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  If you're a man, are you AN ANGRY WHITE MAN? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.