Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:59:27 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Movie of a manufactured black hole « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movie of a manufactured black hole  (Read 14540 times)
Bloodvessel
New Visitor

« on: February 21, 2008, 11:31:55 AM »

Hello people...
I have a doubt about a movie I saw waaaaaaaaay back (well, maybe not that much), and since there are so many film conosseurs (spelling?) around here, I'm sure you can answer me...
The movie was about a black hole man-made (by the government, go figure) that was contained in a very big and old building in a chamber... I remember that anyone who entered the room was attracted to the container of the hole and died gruesomely by being crushed by the infinite gravity of the space phenomena...
Also, I remember that a profesor or something was killed in his house (more like a cabin) when some people light a fire next to the gas of the kitchen, while he was asleep...
Also, at the end of the film, the people in charge of the black hole ended up turning off the lights of the entire city just to be able to contain the force of the BH...
The Black Hole, by the way, looked very... well... Did you remember how was the sight of a Predator? (like heat sensors)... well, it looked like that...
Now that I think of it, it could have been a mini-series instead of a movie... but I don´t think so...
If you know what the BLEEP I'm talking about, please... I'll be very thankful... I don't know the age of the movie, but it must have been 80's or 90's...
See ya!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 10:54:14 AM »

Could this be a hazy memory of the original Outer Limits episode "It Came Out of the Woodwork?"  I believe that is the episode that is tickling my memory cells.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 05:48:40 PM »

Could this be a hazy memory of the original Outer Limits episode "It Came Out of the Woodwork?"  I believe that is the episode that is tickling my memory cells.

I've never actually seen this episode, but based on the Wikipedia entry I don't think this is it.  However, assuming that the monster did come from a black hole (Wikipedia doesn't state this one way or the other), doesn't that sound remarkably similar to The Black Hole (2006) (which I also have not seen)?

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 06:02:49 PM »

I've never actually seen this episode, but based on the Wikipedia entry I don't think this is it.  However, assuming that the monster did come from a black hole (Wikipedia doesn't state this one way or the other), doesn't that sound remarkably similar to The Black Hole (2006) (which I also have not seen)?

The container in the basement part sounds kinda like Carpenter's PRINCE of DARKNESS.....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Bloodvessel
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 11:26:47 AM »

It's not Outer Limits, because there's no monster, just the black hole...
It's not The Bacl Hole because it's too new (I saw this movie circa 1990s) and the special ffects were diferent...
It's not Prince Of Darkness... I've seen it...

I remember that it was a company the one who was in charge of maintaining the black hole in control... that or the FBI... they all wore suits XD
Dave M
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 07:31:51 PM »

I don't know how that Get Carter post ended up here, sorry.

Couldn't be The Black Hole http://www.badmovies.org/capsules/b/blackholetv/ recently capsule reviewed here, could it?
Bloodvessel
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 11:41:35 AM »

I don't know how that Get Carter post ended up here, sorry.

Couldn't be The Black Hole http://www.badmovies.org/capsules/b/blackholetv/ recently capsule reviewed here, could it?

Nope... too new... besides, there was no monster whatsoever...
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 12:13:43 PM »

I have a possible:  The Void (2001)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289605/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Bloodvessel
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 08:01:50 PM »

I have a possible:  The Void (2001)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289605/

Now, that sounded like a winner...
but reading the IMDb comments, someone said that at the end *SPOILER* (anyone?) there were more holes *END SPOILER*... I don't remember that ending (I think)
The effects however, I DO remember them, because it seemed like they were done with an Amiga Computer XD (maybe I'm overreacting, maybe I'm not)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Movie of a manufactured black hole « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.