Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:47:58 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Worst Smear Attempt Ever « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Worst Smear Attempt Ever  (Read 3472 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: February 23, 2008, 02:56:24 PM »

I am the last person you wil hear supporting John Mcain, but he was wronged.  From the moment the story came out there was no story.  He denied it, she denied it.   I've never seen something backfire as immediately and fully as this story did.  So Why did they do it?    Here's someone who thinks they know:

The Old Gray Lady and the Tramp

Posted by Taki Theodoracopulos on February 22, 2008

That phony story about John McCain and Vicky Iseman, which the New York Times ballyhooed as an “exclusive,” is so typical of the Old Bag. But Bill Keller’s (the executive editor of the Times) response, that he stands by the story and the rest of the bull, brought back memories. During the ’80s in London, one of the town’s most…er…shall we say receptive-to-male-charms young woman was one Emma Gilbey, a short and squat female who was known for her tantrums when and if a boyfriend refused to follow her home but stayed behind in a nightclub with his buddies. I speak from experience as she went out not only with me but many of my buddies.

Having run out of friends in London, la Gilbey moved to New York where she continues to spread ill will, this time among the journalists in Washington and the Big Bagel. She began to date the junior senator from Massachusetts, one John Kerry, and was proud to announce to me that he would only make love to her in the back of his limo. (Wise man, Kerry, limos don’t talk, unlike hotel rooms). She so insisted on the fact that once, during a White House Correspondents dinner, I shouted at him as he made his way through the throngs: “Is it true, senator, that you like to do it in the back of limos?” He turned and gave me such a dirty look it confirmed it.

Soon after Emma Gilbey began an affair with one Bill Keller, a married man with two children working at the Times. In no time at all, she got herself pregnant, and Mr. Keller had to divorce his wife and leave his two children while Emma awaited the birth. The pair were soon married and lived happily ever after. So, when Keller decided to run this bulls**t article in order to hurt McCain’s chances at the brass ring, he must have remembered the stolen moments with Gilbey, the cheap hotel rooms, the furtive telephone calls preceding the assignations. I suppose it was only normal that he believed that McCain was like him. Well, Keller is not a soldier and never will be and never could have been one, so he shouldn’t compare himself to McCain. Soldiers are honorable, journalists are liars and fakes./quote]
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 03:06:48 PM »

What confuses me about this story is this: even IF it was true, since when did the media in general start caring about politicians cheating on their spouses? 

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 03:28:20 PM »

seriously.  the angle that she was a lobbyist and he did things for her is as phony as the rest of it. 

I think the NY Times is just desperate to keep up with the blogs.
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 03:15:06 PM »

And the thing is, McCain did write letters to the FCC, simply asking them to make a decision -- after a two year wait -- not what decision to make.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 11:25:04 AM »

The "worst"?  Don't think it holds a candle to the Swiftboaters, sorry; they were lying their asses off and it still worked.  Swiftboaters for Truth, talk about some Orwellian doublespeak right there.  I mean, you gotta hand it to the Republicans last time for smearing Kerry, a twice-earned Puprle Heart who actually served yet they got a man elected who did nothing more than protect the skies of Alabama from the Veitcong while his running mate deferred from serving five times!  No matter where you fit on the political spectrum, that is the worst smear job ever! 

But the whole thing about this report is seedy indeed.  As a Librul Looney on the Left(TM) I'm not sure who it works for better though.  It seems to have helped McCain get the support from all those conservative talk show hosts who hated him just last week <shrugs>.  The timing is of the question as well, but I am torn between thinking that McCain kinda wanted this to come out like it did (not too early and not too late) or on the other hand, the NYT tried to set him up to knock him down (classic strawman).  Either way it's pretty $h!tty.

See, I hear they had this story back in December, which would have been a more devastating time to ruin John's chances right before the New Hampshire primary.  Strange that they endorsed him only to try to knock him down afterward, which could have been part of the plan.  Sounds like in the end, they really did him a favor because the Ann Coultergeists of the world have changed to attacking their favorite target, the Librul media, which is kinda nonsensical as most of the major media outlets are owned by the same group of oligarch tycoons who are very closely affiliated with the Republican Party but whatever.  (And on the side, I just want to tell Rush one thing; you are the media buddy!).

And I don't think it's about the sex scandal; it's more a note on the hypocracy of his "integrity" -a pillar of his campaign.   But that's all for naught really as if you look into McCain's history enough to learn he left his sick and dying wife who raised his children while he was a POW for a much younger trophy wife that he had been cheating, which I think is more revealing and damaging to his credibility anyway.  I mean, this is "Family Values"?

Still, with a report like this, I have to ask, "where's the beef?" - they shouldn't try to pull something like this without some overwhelming evidence.  Bad on NYT for sure but I seriously don't think the "librul" establishment needs to help anyone beat McCain; he's got an uphill battle as it is, IMO.

They should just let the biased NYT and the biased conservative hate radio just duke it out in the ring lol.  And let's face it, the conservative hate radio is nothing but biased and never ever let up on unsubstantiated attacks.  And I notice anytime anyone asks Michael Weiner Savage, whatever his real name is, for evidence/support, he cries censorship lol yet him and his elk are always misinforming, misrepresenting, and demonizing and it's ay-ok, but goddamn you papers better not show any kind of bias or you're a librul trash rag.

Ok, I shouldn't even get into politics here; this isn't really the place for it anyway, especially where the right wing kinda dominates most of the discussions...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 11:34:50 AM by clockworkcanary » Logged

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 09:44:06 AM »

clockworkcanary-  I'm virtually unoffendable so feel free to speak your mind.

Yes, I agree the swiftboat was worse but at least they did a well organized comprehensive job of lying their asses off.  I should have said lamest smear ever.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 05:40:21 PM »

Yeah that smear attempt was pretty lame.  Just like with everything else: outstanding claims should require outstanding evidence, regardless of who makes the claim or which side it's directed.  Yeah politics will bring out the "worst" in people sometimes; paper editorial boards included.  I don't think they should have spoken a word without any kind of evidence; just makes them look stupid.

Speaking of stupid, did you hear about that asshat from my home State (Ohio) who opened his big mouth and practically embarrassed McCain?  Good thing my vote will counteract that guys heh.  He was going on about Barack's middle name being Hussein like that's a big deal or something (keep in mind that King Hussein is the leader of Jordan who has always been an American ally in the Middle East).  I guess the guy's trying to make Ohio Republicans look like a bunch of haters; good thing I know some personally and they don't fit that persona.

Most people are moderates; ass bags like the NYTs and this ultraconservative OH radio talk show host are the fringe freak jobs are more the exception than the rule.  They ruin the political process for everyone.

On another note, I'm not a big fan of McCain myself, however, he seems a decent fellow compared to most and doesn't seem to want to take us back to the dark ages.  I feel, for the first time in a long time that this election might just be a win-win for the American people, as opposed to the loose-loose situation in the last 3-4 elections.  Sure, I'll probably vote for Obama but I won't be depressed if McCain wins like I was depressed at the results of the last few elections (I detest both the Clintons and the Bushes myself).

But I would still like to see Michael Moore and Ann Coultergeist in a Hell In The Cell matchup lol.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 10:13:48 AM »

canary-  it ain't all good  with senor mcain.  this is from a libertarian perspective but still,  he 's actually pretty scary when you really look at what he believes
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Worst Smear Attempt Ever « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.