Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:28:07 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  My Anime Review #6 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Anime Review #6  (Read 3250 times)
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 24, 2008, 02:04:22 PM »

Ramen Fighter Miki: Finally, an anime series based around that most beloved of all foods, ramen noodle soup. Miki works as a waitress in her family's ramen restaurant, using her martial arts skills to make certain her take-out orders are delivered safely. Problem is, she happens to be extremely hyperactive and has almost no attention span whatsoever (in America, we call this ADHD). Miki's behavior has earned her more than a few enemies, including a rival baker and a victim from her past, all of whom want to destroy her. But only her mother, who makes Miki look like a pascifist by comparison, can keep her in line. Very fun series, highly recommended. B+ (Warning: no dubbed version is available, subtitles only)

Welcome to the NHK: Sato has a major problem. He has spent four years as a "hikikimori", a jobless college dropout who rarely leaves his apartment and has a deep phobia of human contact. His neighbor has been playing the same anime theme song for months, his household appliances have started talking to him, and worst of all, he realizes that he's the victim of the "NHK", an evil organization that uses cutesy anime girls to turn people into hikikimori like himself. Can a nosy yet mysterious girl help him, before its too late? Based around a real and all too common problem, the series features the perfect mix of drama and comedy relief, with characters fleshed out well beyond the norm. Recommended for fans of Genshiken, Otaku no Video and other otaku themed anime. A+

s-Cry-ed: Beings known as "alter-users" have the power to conjure up giant robots, which they use to do battle with each other, and are generally seen as a threat to normal people. The animation isnt that great, the soundtrack is god-awful, and nothing about the show really captured my interest. D

Shrine of the Morning Mist: Along with her sisters, Yuzu Hieda acts as a temple priestess, protecting her village from invading demons while trying to deal with the pressures of high school. When her cousin returns to attend school after five years away, he quickly becomes a target for demonic attacks. In order to protect him and the school, Yuzu must recruit a team of priestesses to fight back. This series includes pretty much everything a good shojo series should have: magical girls, japanese folklore, plenty of action and fanservice out the wazoo. A 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:24:07 PM by Fausto » Logged

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 09:44:06 PM »

Welcome to NHK looked interesting, and it should be coming up in my Netflix queue fairly soon. Genshiken was alright, but I didn't really care too much about any of the characters.

Ramen Fighter sounds interesting. I like the idea of beating people up with noodles.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  My Anime Review #6 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.