Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:02:29 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  DESTINATION TRUTH « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DESTINATION TRUTH  (Read 15592 times)
316zombie
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:09:01 PM »

or something like that.we watched 2 episodes,it's too much like ghosthunters,imho.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »

I sort of get a kick out of it.  The host, Josh Gates, really makes the show.  He actually laughs at some of the claims people make.  Not right to their face, but as soon as they're out of earshot.  I think he realizes that most of the stuff he's investigating is pure BS, but it's probably quite a bit of fun running all over the world to various exotic locations.  He's just a cool guy.  The show really has a sense of humor, they were investigating werewolves and at the end there's a voice over about "dog-like creatures with a taste for human flesh" while the video is of some member of his film crew being very friendly with a scantily dressed native girl.  The whole show is like that really. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 06:39:26 PM »

I will have to try the show again.  I watched the first two episodes when it first debuted and fell asleep both times.  But then he has been doing stuff with Ghosthunters and I can see that he is a pretty funny guy.
316zombie
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 10:24:21 AM »

yes,he was quite funny on ghosthunters international,that's why we thought we'd check it out.i'll take another shot at it,maybe it'll grow on me,ghosthunters did,lol!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 08:04:49 AM »

This season's episodes are kind of a mixed bag.  In the opener they went to the Himalayas in search of the Yeti.  Found a footprint - a perfect footprint - almost too good to be true  TeddyR  there was one cool part where they saw something on the thermal camera, and it was heading back toward their camp.  They were on the radio saying "It's headed right towards you, don't you see it?!?"  Reminded me of the Alien and Dallas in the ventilation ducts of the Nostromo.  It was entertaining if nothing else.

This week's episode was a dud.  They went to some tropical island looking for ghosts.  They found some incredibly drunk people.  Josh and the other investigator were both laughing at them.  Then they went to the Gobi desert to investigate reports of "Death Worms".  Didn't find anything except holes in the ground, and of course there are plenty of animals that burrow in the ground, so that didn't prove anything.  I don't think actual worms would live in tunnels anyway, don't they get their nutrition from going through the dirt?  Scenery was quite pretty though.

- Paulo Coelho
316zombie
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 05:30:07 PM »

thanks jack! i'll check it out again this week,if i can!:)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 01:58:01 PM »

This season's episodes are kind of a mixed bag.  In the opener they went to the Himalayas in search of the Yeti.  Found a footprint - a perfect footprint - almost too good to be true  TeddyR  there was one cool part where they saw something on the thermal camera, and it was heading back toward their camp.  They were on the radio saying "It's headed right towards you, don't you see it?!?"  Reminded me of the Alien and Dallas in the ventilation ducts of the Nostromo.  It was entertaining if nothing else.

This week's episode was a dud.  They went to some tropical island looking for ghosts.  They found some incredibly drunk people.  Josh and the other investigator were both laughing at them.  Then they went to the Gobi desert to investigate reports of "Death Worms".  Didn't find anything except holes in the ground, and of course there are plenty of animals that burrow in the ground, so that didn't prove anything.  I don't think actual worms would live in tunnels anyway, don't they get their nutrition from going through the dirt?  Scenery was quite pretty though.

I liked those three episodes which included Yeti, Ghost Island, Wild Man and jungle girl, and the Death Worm. Would watch tonight, but I should get some rest. Good entertainment.  Smile
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 02:03:09 PM by Conan » Logged

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 07:18:58 PM »

I like Destination Truth, because I've always found stories of Bigfoot, lake monsters, and unknown animals much more intereesting than ghost or alien stories.  Its also one of the only shows that might actually be finding these creatures rather than give reenactments.  Sure, some have just been ordinary ani,als, but I think this maybe the cyrptozology show that finally gets something.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 08:43:54 AM »

One thing that does bug me about the show is that they'll go into the jungle, set up some cameras, and then proceed to go walking around (with film crew in tow).  If they get the idea that something might be in the area, Josh goes sprinting off in that direction.  I mean, good grief, it would be the wildest stroke of luck if you could get a glimpse of a white tailed deer using those methods.  They must scare off every animal within hundreds of yards, forget about the undiscovered ones.

- Paulo Coelho
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 03:03:17 PM »

One of my favorite show on the planet but they could really do two things better:
  • Search for things in daylight
  • More episodes per season

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
odinn7

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 10:26:51 PM »

I think this is a great show. The host takes things just seriously enough without being too serious...and I love how he jokes about some of the people.

I thought the Yeti episode was awesome...it was a great mix of what really makes the show worth watching for.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Scott McDonald
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 02:45:31 AM »

Destination Truth Is a GREAT Show. It has a great host and crew. They go to places in search of things that we thought never existed, and makes us keep watching every week. I thought the Yeti episode in the Hymalayas was genius work, when Josh told the man guarding the Yeti Scalp that they would pay or do anything in there power to show the world that this thing exists was cinematography at its finest. If this show is not around for 5 or 10 years, I'll be amazed and disappointed. SciFi better keep this one going. We never know what is out there, this show is a modern day IN SEARCH OF hosted by Leonard Nimoy. Everyone in the world are so rushed and out of reach and engulfed with there own lives to believe in these stories. People can't just sit back one day out of there lives to watch T.V. for an hour. What is so important, that you can't get away. I have my share of Chaos in my life keeping a business running, taking care of 2 kids, and my wife, GOD love her. I still can take an hour out of my day, watch something creepy , and take the trash out. Skeptical or not that's what makes me watch stuff like this even more to make me sane and educated about the unexplained. What's more exciting seeing something that you think you saw or seeing something you don't want to see. You'll never know if you don't go there.  Scott, Indiana         
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 08:49:47 PM »

Thanks to this thread, I made an effort to stay awake after Ghosthunters to watch this show.  I am now to the point that I would rather watch it than Ghosthunters.  You just never know what they will find and you NEVER know what Josh will say next.  Damn that guy is funny. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  DESTINATION TRUTH « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.