Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:15:01 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your movie watching quirks? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Your movie watching quirks?  (Read 9333 times)
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 06:39:34 AM »

I find to watch any sci-fi b film I have to be awake past midnight, some how I enjoy them so much more. Not to say that I don't enjoy them already but being past midnight is always enjoyable.

Another quirk I forgot to add was that I try to watch B-movies or movies of similar nature at night since I just can't seem to enjoy them as much during the day.  I watched Troma's war during the day and I enjoyed it, but not a lot.  I'm going to try and watch it again at night here in the future and see if I can enjoy it more.

Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 07:38:55 AM »

My main thing is to have the kids in bed and asleep.  Odd quirk, but if not I have to be worried about them creeping down the stairs and checking out the movie.  Not a problem when I'm viewing a Godzilla film, but worrisome when it's something like "Nail Gun Massacre" that features barely evolved humans having hairy sex against trees, followed by them being nail gunned to death.

Besides that, not much. I do like a Jack and Coke with my bad movie.  Sip and enjoy (the Jack and Coke - sometimes the movie is not "enjoyment").

Oh, and if I'm watching an Italian zombie flick - Katie needs to be in bed too.  If not, I get to hear her complain about how much she hates Italian zombie films for the thousandth time.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 07:53:29 AM »

Not a problem when I'm viewing a Godzilla film, but worrisome when it's something like "Nail Gun Massacre" that features barely evolved humans having hairy sex against trees

TeddyR BounceGiggle Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 08:36:01 AM »

My main thing is to have the kids in bed and asleep.  Odd quirk, but if not I have to be worried about them creeping down the stairs and checking out the movie.  Not a problem when I'm viewing a Godzilla film, but worrisome when it's something like "Nail Gun Massacre" that features barely evolved humans having hairy sex against trees, followed by them being nail gunned to death.

Besides that, not much. I do like a Jack and Coke with my bad movie.  Sip and enjoy (the Jack and Coke - sometimes the movie is not "enjoyment").

Oh, and if I'm watching an Italian zombie flick - Katie needs to be in bed too.  If not, I get to hear her complain about how much she hates Italian zombie films for the thousandth time.

I know exactly what you mean, my child and I would watch these "B" type monster/horror flicks together, if it was something I'd seen before, or a classic Godzilla type movie it was no problem, if not I'd read the description and look at the pictures on the box, or run through the film on fast forward stopping enough so I could get a feel for the content, this usually worked well but on occasion I found myself responding to questions like this, "Why did you skip that part? what was happening, and why can't I see it? My answer was always " ask your mother, she'll tell you."
I also wait for my better half to be otherwise occupied for some films because I don't like to hear her ask "You're not really going to watch this are you?  oh come on, YOU'RE JOKING, RIGHT?"

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 05:50:24 AM »

Another perhaps "old school" quirk of mine is that I don't like watching DVDs or digital tapes in a theater / cinema. At home yes, no problem.

Film is for cinemas: I very rarely take our films to the cinema now as they have mostly gone digital. The festival I am going to next week is to be held on DVD / digital tapes: I miss lugging fifty / sixty reels of film down almost as far as Cape Town.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 11:34:38 AM »

Theaters I usually sit as far back and away from everyone as possible.  I avoid the front and middle rows like the plague.  I occasionally get popcorn but haven't lately because it sucks sitting through a movie with a kernal in your teeth.

Home, it used to be after my son went to bed I could use the portable DVD player.  Now since the DVD player died, I watch them on the computer while reviewing them.  It seems to actually be easier that way. 

People think its odd when I tell them I hardly sit through an entire movie in one sitting.  It usually takes me a week to get through one and I never found it odd.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »

-Horror films I've never seen before must be watched in darkness. 

-Film that are exclusively subtitled are not good for friendly gatherings.  Not everyone in the group can read as fast, or is used to watching subbed movies, and most people get irritated if we have to keep rewinding the goods.

-With really really long movies I give myself an intermission.  It's mainly so I can refill my drink, get more snacks if I need to, make a phone call, etc.

Other than that, I really don't have very many film quirks...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your movie watching quirks? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.