Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:31:46 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  PS3 Is it worth it? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PS3 Is it worth it?  (Read 9064 times)
Wicked Nick
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 11, 2008, 06:51:01 AM »

Ive been strongly debating wether or not to get a PS3. While I scorned the first Xbox (hate microsoft, Mac user) the 360 has some freaking sweet exclusive games, while the PS3 only has a handfull of interesting exclusives, plus most of the cool games out there are  cross platform anyways. So I want to know from people here who have played the PS3 what they think of it and is it worth buying, also keep in mind Im willing to spend the money if its good.

Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:02:56 AM »

I would say so, both have some awesome games and are pretty awesome systems. The PS3 has the more colourful exclusives while the 360 has the more hardcore stuff. Also don't forget that the Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, et cetera series entries are still to come, and the fact that a PS3 isn't going to melt or die on you.

At the same time the 360 has better online stuff, a real nice controller and interface, and if you're into hardcore FPS games, it's a godsend. I owned one for a while, and it was awesome, I just decided that it wasn't for me, and traded it in for the Nintendo Wii, and I intend to probably pick up a PS3 eventually, leaving time for more games to come out on each system before I decide.

The internet hypes this stuff to unbelievable levels, so it gets harder and harder to wait, but I think it's best to wait and see what happens either side over the next few months before we all decide on something, because you could end up spending a large amount of money only to be denied a crapload of games you want later.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 01:42:49 AM »

Absolutely not!  I won't buy one until a couple years after  the PS4 comes out.  Then it will cost about 50 bucks and there will be a lot more games available to buy for it at a reasonable price.  That's about what it is worth if you ask me.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 02:35:47 AM »

Invest in a 360.
I've read numerous reviews and the difference in graphics is almost indistinguishable for both platforms.
In many instances, the 360 had better graphics.

And not only does the 360 have awesome online features, it's also cheaper and quite a few of us here own one too.  Myself included.
You'd have instant friends from this board you could add to your online Gamerfriends list.

If I were you, I wouldn't bother with the PS3 and get a 360!   Thumbup
Besides, this is about all the PS3 is good for:   TongueOut
Small | Large

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:37:44 AM by Ash » Logged
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 10:22:45 AM »

I agree with Ash.

The PS3 locally costs six thousand South African rand which is approximately 600 US$ ~ I don't even earn R6000 a month.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pilgermann

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 03:41:50 PM »

I don't plan on buying any sort of new gaming system any time soon, but I'd go with a PS3 since it plays Blu-ray discs, and we all know that HD-DVD is pretty much dead at this point.  It's expensive as heck, but considering it's a Blu-ray player (of course this doesn't matter one bit if you don't have an HDTV), and it is compatible with older Playstation games I'd say it's not a terrible deal.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 09:25:42 PM »

Also, if you hook your PS3 up to the internet, the major cancer fighting corporations are using them to crunch numbers so that they can find a cure.  Hooray PS3!  The cancer fighting video game system!

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 11:51:29 PM »

If you have the money to blow go for it! BUT keep in mind, the other consoles especially the 360 have a lot more games out there for them. But Metal Gear Solid 4 will be coming out for it soon! Thats a KICKASS series!
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 05:52:42 PM »

God of War 3 will be coming out for it eventually.  And let's not forget about the Blue Ray Player in it, which has won out the short lived battle.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 12:31:20 AM »

I think the PS3 will be a great system to own... eventually.

At the moment the game library isn't as strong as the 360. At the moment, most people I know who play video games own the 360 and Xbox Live is fantastic. I love the hell out of my 360... when it's working. I just had to send it in for the red ring of death again. The first one I had broke after three weeks and Microsoft bungled the repair for six solid weeks. Last Thursday, about six months later, the replacement they sent me went kaput and I am currently sans Xbox.

The price is a sticking point (not that the 360 is all that much cheaper). In a year or two the PS3 library will be stronger and there will no doubt at some point be a price drop making the system more attractive. If you're HD ready, the Blu-Ray player is nice. Then again, how long before we're all downloading HD media?

I would wait.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Ash

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 12:39:56 AM »

I love the hell out of my 360... when it's working. I just had to send it in for the red ring of death again.

Again!?
Dang dude, that really sucks.
I've heard horror stories from other gamers about how they've literally gone through 5 or 6 Xboxes because of the red ring of death.
I'm on my second unit and so far it's doing pretty good.  (knocks on wood)
moman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 04:52:39 AM »

Apparently there's different types of PS3. It's something like the 40GB ones wont play PS2 games but the 60GB ones will, just in case that would effect you but not having one I'm not too certain on the details.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »

I wouldn't recommend buying the PS3 just yet.  Let the system get a better library of titles and let the price drop.  That thing is expensive as hell.  Go buy a 360 and wait it out. 

I have a 360 currently and I have not had the red ring of death as of yet.  Then again, I rarely use it for more than streaming films from my PC and such. 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 12:09:03 AM »

People keep on saying the library will be stronger with time.  While this is good, one must remember that the PS3 will play PS1 and PS2 games as well.  So there is a huge library for the PS3.  If I can get a good deal, I will probally buy a PS3.  I love Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Ash

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 02:03:49 AM »

Don't forget that the Xbox 360 is backwards compatible with old Xbox games.
Granted, there are a few titles that haven't been converted to play on the 360 yet, but most are available.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  PS3 Is it worth it? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.