Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:26:08 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sheriff: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sheriff: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years  (Read 5225 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 12, 2008, 05:07:16 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080312/ap_on_re_us/woman_in_bathroom

Hmm.. there's a joke about Mexican food I could make here, but think I'll resist.

That being said though, who the HELL lets their girlfriend sit on a toilet for TWO years and not to think to, oh, I dunno, call someone?  I think after day three of that crap, I'd be hauling her ass out of the bathroom!  (Course, I only have one toilet at my place, so it might be sooner than that.)

And listen to this, "...the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat." WHOA!  That is all kinds of f**ked up...

Anyway, in case the link gets taken down, I've pasted the article below.

Sheriff: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years

By ROXANA HEGEMAN, Associated Press Writer 18 minutes ago

WICHITA, Kan. - Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years — so long that her body was stuck to the seat by the time the boyfriend finally called police.
ADVERTISEMENT

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was reported in fair condition at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz of Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 06:22:43 PM »

Somehow I don't think even "holy snapping arseholes Batman!" even comes close to covering my reaction!

She must have been mentally disabled or seriously agoraphobic or something.  I mean, really, stuck to the toilet seat?  How did she not go crazy sitting in one place with nothing to do all day?

The boyfriend should be charged with neglect at the very least.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 07:20:37 PM »

I assume she had a magazine or something to read.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 07:49:05 PM »

Maybe she'll get an endorsement deal with National Geographic.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 07:59:14 PM »

Ain't funny; just sickening and disturbing.  Okay...  Maybe it's a little bit funny.  Definitely in the "WTF?" realm.  Sent this story to everyone in my yahoo address book with an apology. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 11:41:46 PM »

My money is on mental illness on both parties involved.

flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 12:13:01 AM »

My money is on mental illness on both parties involved.
I think your right! Most people would have been worried after the first 3 hours, but somehow he wasn't worried for two years?!?!
Killerbees, He could only be charged with neglect if she was his kid, I think, but he can be charged with being a real grade A moron, among other things.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 12:15:17 AM by flackbait » Logged
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 03:03:11 PM »

I believe the other things flackbait is talking about involves a DEE, another DEE, and one more DEE, consecutively.

Yes, salad.
flackbait

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 05:02:08 PM »

I believe the other things flackbait is talking about involves a DEE, another DEE, and one more DEE, consecutively.
I feel really stupid by asking this but what do you mean  by that?
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 09:37:31 PM »

I am reffering to them as Dee dee dee's, a term made popular by comedian Carlos Mencia that is used to decscribe a person who is so lacking of common sense and intellect that you almost say to yourelf that they HAVE to be mentally handicapped.  The type of person that you see and say, "Nobody in the proper state of mind can be that stupid."  I hereby declare myself Patient7 master of vocabulary that people too smart to watch Comedy Central don't know because they have better things to do!

Yes, salad.
flackbait

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 10:33:11 PM »

I am reffering to them as Dee dee dee's, a term made popular by comedian Carlos Mencia that is used to decscribe a person who is so lacking of common sense and intellect that you almost say to yourelf that they HAVE to be mentally handicapped.  The type of person that you see and say, "Nobody in the proper state of mind can be that stupid."  I hereby declare myself Patient7 master of vocabulary that people too smart to watch Comedy Central don't know because they have better things to do!
Thank you for the explanation.I never did watch Mencia which explains a lot. That was actually pretty funny with what your said Karma!
BTM

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 12:20:46 AM »

Thank you for the explanation.I never did watch Mencia which explains a lot. That was actually pretty funny with what your said Karma!

He even wrote a song about it. 
Small | Large

Doh, for some reason that's not the full video.. guess Comedy Central is clapped down on them... here's the full version (just show still pics, though.)

Small | Large

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:24:19 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
flackbait

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 01:59:10 AM »

He even wrote a song about it. 

Doh, for some reason that's not the full video.. guess Comedy Central is clapped down on them... here's the full version (just show still pics, though.)
Thanks thats pretty funny! karma!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sheriff: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.