Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:49:48 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wikipedia's List of Worst Movies Ever « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Wikipedia's List of Worst Movies Ever  (Read 10045 times)
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« on: March 13, 2008, 07:48:35 AM »

I came across this article on Wikipedia. It's a kind of conglomeration of "Worst of" lists. It's interesting to go through and look for some of your favorites (or for new material).

One thing of note is that the list is fairly shortsighted: Most of the movies listed are from the last decade, and few go back any further than the '80s (Ed Wood's films being the main exception).

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:48:32 AM »

It fingers Plan 9 and Manos, oh wow. Like I couldn't have done that, too Lookingup  Uwe Boll, what an unexpected nomination. Holy crap, Battlefield Earth is based on a book by L Ron Hubbard?! I knew it was based on a book but I never paid attention to who wrote it (that or the name didn't mean much until recently Question)

Actually, I can agree with a good number of those titles. Alone in the Dark was boring, Freddy Got Fingered was fail, Zoom was a jumble of poor storytelling worthy of some recent comic books and a lot of the more recent movies are so stark with thier greed that even Caligula would lift a brow.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 10:36:51 AM »

Gosh darn it, I liked Howard the Duck!  That movie had some great one liners.  The list makes me want to see Showgirls, I didn't realize Jesse from Saved by the Bell was the star. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 11:18:23 AM »

Gosh darn it, I liked Howard the Duck!  That movie had some great one liners.  The list makes me want to see Showgirls, I didn't realize Jesse from Saved by the Bell was the star. 

I like Howard the Duck as well.  I've seen Showgirls a few months ago.  I think I'm going to buy it then give it the MST3K treatment once I get it since there are something I have to say.   
daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 01:40:42 PM »

Why isn't Alien Warrior there?

Why the hell isn't Children of the Living Dead there? That one made me depressed and full of awuflness.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 06:28:11 AM »

Why isn't Alien Warrior there?

Why the hell isn't Children of the Living Dead there? That one made me depressed and full of awuflness.

Somebody may put it up there if they watch it and don't like it.
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 06:48:41 AM »

After reading this article, i was reminded why i have been avoiding Showtime lately..nothing has been on except the continious showing of 3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain..
I think I may disconnect my satellite if this continues... hot

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 08:38:31 AM »

I like Howard the Duck as well.  I've seen Showgirls a few months ago.  I think I'm going to buy it then give it the MST3K treatment once I get it since there are something I have to say.   

I love Showgirls.  Saw it on Showtime when I was in like, 5th grade.  There's a box set type thing, with a drinking game, a shot glass, etc. included.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 12:16:14 PM »

I love Showgirls.  Saw it on Showtime when I was in like, 5th grade.  There's a box set type thing, with a drinking game, a shot glass, etc. included.

I loved Showgirls as well so I'm going to buy it as soon as I get some extra cash.  There are three different Show Girls releases to date on DVD.

The no thrills DVD (The first one to be relesaed)
The limited edition box set (Which has the drinking game, shot glass, etc)
The latest version (Same extras as the box set without the collectors items like the shot glass and such)

I'm tempted to get the LM box set since there is so much with it, but I'm also tempted to get the latest release.

The version that Netflix has is the no thrills version. 

I wanted to watch it first to see if I would like it or not before I buy it seem I have a habit of buying stuff that I don't know if I will like or not. (This is changing so I'm getting smarter with this stuff)

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 09:08:21 PM »

I loved Showgirls as well so I'm going to buy it as soon as I get some extra cash.  There are three different Show Girls releases to date on DVD.

The no thrills DVD (The first one to be relesaed)
The limited edition box set (Which has the drinking game, shot glass, etc)
The latest version (Same extras as the box set without the collectors items like the shot glass and such)

I'm tempted to get the LM box set since there is so much with it, but I'm also tempted to get the latest release.

The version that Netflix has is the no thrills version. 

I wanted to watch it first to see if I would like it or not before I buy it seem I have a habit of buying stuff that I don't know if I will like or not. (This is changing so I'm getting smarter with this stuff)

I've got the No Thrills disc myself.  Don't really need the extra stuff. 

And personally, I'll always feel Baby Geniuses is a far worse crime than Howard the Duck.

Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 09:33:19 PM »

One thing of note is that the list is fairly shortsighted: Most of the movies listed are from the last decade, and few go back any further than the '80s (Ed Wood's films being the main exception).

That's to be expected, they have tons of information about things happening currently because of the rush to edit them in due to internet cred, but look up events from a thirty years ago and find a sparse landscape. 

If we were to edit in some more movies we'd probably get into an edit war with whoever protects this article like a baby from anyone touching it (the comments section had a disclaimer that seemed particularly annoyed that people might comment on the article)

But then I have lots of problems with wikipedia so I'm probably biased against them.

sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 10:38:23 PM »

The wikipedia list just can't be as detailed as anyone who's suffered through a number of bad movies would.  It's a more an intro to Ed Wood and recent movie bombs from the last 10 years.  I do think that the list on wikipedia is at least less popularity based than the IMDB bottom 100 list. 

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
akiratubo

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 01:04:06 AM »

I like -

Howard the Duck
Leonard Part 6
Stop!  Or My Mom Will Shoot!
Zoom: Academy For Superheroes (Ok, it sucks, but the fight with Concussion was surprisingly good.)
Highlander 2 (love it, actually, one of my all-time favorites)

For the life of me, I've never figured out why Batman and Robin always makes these lists instead of Batman Forever.  Batman Forever was AWFUL.  Batman and Robin was merely very stupid and overproduced.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:14:52 AM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 11:45:59 AM »

I like -

Howard the Duck
Leonard Part 6
Zoom: Academy For Superheroes (Ok, it sucks, but the fight with Concussion was surprisingly good.)

For the life of me, I've never figured out why Batman and Robin always makes these lists instead of Batman Forever.  Batman Forever was AWFUL.  Batman and Robin was merely very stupid and overproduced.
Mmm.  I quite liked Batman Forever.  Thought it was decent.

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 06:56:35 AM »

I like -

Howard the Duck
Leonard Part 6

The final cut of Highlander 2 isn't too bad IMO and I liked it.  I didn't care for Leonard Part 6 that much, I though it was okay, but overall not my favorite film.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wikipedia's List of Worst Movies Ever « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.