Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:59:40 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Brain Donors « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brain Donors  (Read 4718 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: March 13, 2008, 08:26:37 PM »

I know with a name like that you'd probably think this is a movie for the Bad movies forum.  But I assure you it is not.  In fact I would say this is one of the funniest movies produced late 80's early 90's

The movie is in the style of an old Marx Brothers films.  The three main characters are telling jokes with every line they say.  The three main characters, Roland T Falkizer, Jacques, and Rocco Meloncheck find themselves running the ballet company created by the late Mr Oglethrope.  Mrs. Oglethrope's laywer lazo is trying to get her money.  But the three Brain Donors won't have it (they were there first) 

Lazo get a renound male ballerina (sp) for the company while Roland, Rocco, and Jacques try to get their guy and his gal to be the stars.  It all ends with a night at the dance that is truely hillarious. 

I want to say more-but I can't becasue these types of movies its best to go in fresh. 

I would say this movie greatly differs from many of the moron comedies that have come before and since.  The three main characters in some strange twisted way are really the three smartest people in the movie.

I recomend this movie if you are looking for a good laugh.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:32:41 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:29:59 PM »

I have to say that this my absolute favourite comedy OF ALL TIME!!!!  This movie rocks the Casbah!

It's the only movie I can watch over and over again and still laugh until I can't breathe.  I credit this movie with helping to break my depression a dozen years ago.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 07:45:12 AM »

It's a remake of a Marx Brother's movie.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 07:55:23 AM »

It's a remake of a Marx Brother's movie.

And the Marx Brothers done alot better job...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 08:16:46 PM »

Not so much a remake as a re-imagining of A NIGHT AT THE OPERA.  It's not like they use exactly the same jokes.  Harpo's character has been changed; now he uses elaborate gadgets.  Although I agree it's not as good as the Marx Brothers, I still think it's worth a looking at, unless you just believe this kind of thing is total sacrilege.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 06:37:15 AM »

I'm a big Marx Brothers fan and I'm not prepared to say that this movie is in the same league of greatness.  However, BRAIN DONORS does have a frantic pace and some very funny moments.  And John Turturro may be one of the most overlooked actors in the business . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Brain Donors « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.