Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:21:33 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Dance? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you get on the dance floor and do your thing?
Yes! - 11 (52.4%)
No way! - 10 (47.6%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Do You Dance?  (Read 10966 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: March 19, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »

When I hear certain dance music in a public place like a club, I feel compelled to get on the dance floor.
I totally cut loose and dance with all the chicks!
Women like men who will get on the dance floor with them.
They grab me by the wrist, pull me along and I get out there and do my thing right next to them.
And it's a blast!   Smile
The hypnotic beats...  The stobe lights...  Women grinding up against you.  Hell yeah!   Thumbup

I never used to dance.
Up until 2001, you wouldn't catch me dead on a dance floor.
But after my experiences on various dance floors down in Australia, I stopped caring.
Nobody's looking at you while you're dancing and if they are, who cares!

It's a great way to score women if you're a single guy.
Trust me...I know!  Getting on the dance floor shows women that you've got confidence.

Small | Large

How about you?
Do you dance?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 08:31:15 AM by Ash » Logged
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 08:24:20 AM »

TeddyR

Yeah, I have been known to shake my boo-tay on the odd occasion. I can dance quite well and I don't need any 'lubrication' so to speak.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 08:27:03 AM »

Nobody's looking at you while you dance and if they are, screw 'em!

Absolutely true, and the ones who look usually don't dance anyway.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 09:36:44 AM »

TeddyR

I actually got injured while not dancing at a wedding about a month ago. I was sitting talking to my aunt and didn't notice that the dancers were coming a leetle toooo close to me when all of a sudden, one of them hit me on the head, swaying drunkenly and said "Are you looking atsh my girlfriend?"

I gave him a banknote and said that he should have another  Drink and she would possibly look a little better.  TongueOut

clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 09:37:22 AM »

I came from an area where a guy dancing was considered less than macho, so when I first started hitting the clubs in my early adult life, I was a bit reluctant to hit the floor.  But gradually, that all changed.  Now, I can't not hit the dance floor - I love it - it's great exercise, feels great, and yes, the chicks dig it :)  (especially if you're getting sandwhiched in between 2 or 3).  I guess it helps that in college I started going to the techno clubs and hanging out with all the dance majors.

What's funny is that a few years ago, I went back to the old area after some time away at the "big city" and got on the floor again - I was the only guy amongst several several women; the guys there were lookin' at me weird but the girls sure weren't!  A couple of them who remembered me came over to dance with me -some even said I was pretty good and that they were shocked to see a guy who could/would get on the floor!  Too bad that crappy bar had such crappy music but after a few beers I didn't care.

More recently, I moved to an even bigger city and went out clubbing with some old friends -hadn't been out dancing in forever ...and we all had a blast!  3 giant rooms all connected with two different DJs!  I had fun and didn't even bother getting intoxicated - fun fun still!  I was actually invited again last night but since I had to work early today I declined.

Dance on my friends!

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 10:16:01 AM »

I'm not a very good dancer, so I don't like dancing that much in public, but when I'm alone, music blaring, no one else watching, it's a blast to dance myself into a frenzy, lol.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Menard
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 10:25:18 AM »

First of all...I'm going to hurl.

I gave him a banknote and said that he should have another  Drink and she would possibly look a little better.  TongueOut

Cheers Thumbup
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »

Hi, Doctor M: welcome here!  TeddyR Smile Thumbup

Just btw: that guy that hit me on the head, he had another drink or two or seven and no, she still didn't look better.  Twirling

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 10:47:08 AM »

I did when I was a younger man and disco was the thing, but I drank back then and it didn't matter to me how foolish I looked.

My wife bugs me all the time about it.  I don't mind slow dancing, but the only other dancing I do is when someone's shooting at my feet.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 10:49:38 AM »

Nope, don't dance.  This is one of those things that make me say "Thank god I'm married and don't have to endure the embarassing social rituals to find a girl."   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 10:53:27 AM »

Made a mistake in the wording of the poll question.  I think he meant:  "Should you dance?"

I did when I was a younger man and disco was the thing

Damn, you are old...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 01:29:46 PM »

Made a mistake in the wording of the poll question.  I think he meant:  "Should you dance?"

I did when I was a younger man and disco was the thing

Damn, you are old...

I was 6'5" in those platforms!

Don't worry Andrew, you'll be here someday. Criticizing older people is like criticizing your parents, they eventually get their revenge.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 01:42:09 PM »

I refuse to make an ass out of myself in public (at least in regards to dancing), unless my blood alcohol level is appropriately high. I once did the running man at a party and everyone was greatly amused, but afterwards all video and photos taken of the rare public display of insanity mysteriously did not develop properly, so thus there is no solid evidence of it ever happening...  TongueOut

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
BTM

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »

Actually, about a year (or was it two?  Can't recall) I enrolled in an evening class for dance lessons, figured it'd be a good way to broaden my social circles and learn something new.  They taught us the basic steps in Foxtrot, Tango and Waltz.  Ironically enough, there were actually one or two more GUYS there than girls (I figured more girls than guys would join up.)

The class was taught by a husband and wife team who were obviously excellent dancers.  Sadly, by about week three (six week class) most everyone else had more or less permanent partners and I spent most of my time dancing with the instructor's wife.  I found that to be a bit depressing.

But, I suppose, you know, when you go out on a limb, sometimes you get some fruit and other times you fall out of the tree. 

Since then, I haven't really had much of a chance to put into practice what I learned, and I'm not sure off-hand I remember the steps if I needed to. 

I will say though it IS amazing how much a good partner can make you look a hell of a lot better at dancing than you are.  I mean, I'd be with the instructor's wife and thought I was doing great, then I got someone else, and, whoops!  Doh, missed a step!  Dang it, supposed to turn here...

But, I never did step on anyone's feet, so that's good.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 07:37:13 PM »

Being a girl, I like to dance.  I think it's coded into our genes.

Ash, the reason nobody cares here is because they're all tripping on something  *lol*

I've done some ballroom dancing in my time, also tap and some ethnic dancing since I was little (courtesy of an Eastern European family).  But I haven't done any kind of dancing in a very long time.

It seems too much like hard work these days.   TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Dance? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.