Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:25:41 AM
714256 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Voodoo Doll « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voodoo Doll  (Read 11941 times)
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« on: March 20, 2008, 05:49:02 PM »

I'm trying to locate the title of a movie from the early eighties involving a voodoo doll. I remember a couple sitting on a porch swing and one of them doubling over in pain when the voodoo doll is stuck with needles. Sorry so little information.. anyone got a clue? this has been bugging me for days..

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 07:43:04 AM »

SisterGrace: I'm thinking of two titles that may be yours:

1. Trilogy of Terror with Karen Black or
2. The "Charlie Boy" episode from the "Hammer House of Horror" series.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 09:52:36 AM »

I was thinking of the  beginning and end sequences of CREEPSHOW. I recall the start...it's the end where the kid snuffs his Dad with the voodoo doll...my son has the video in his room...I'll have to get him to dig it up.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Sister Grace

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »

SisterGrace: I'm thinking of two titles that may be yours:

1. Trilogy of Terror with Karen Black or
2. The "Charlie Boy" episode from the "Hammer House of Horror" series.

I thought it may have been trilogy of terror also..but it wasn't. I'll have to check out charlie boy and see if maybe that was it...
btw.. i love karen black

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 03:24:46 AM »

I doubt Charlie Boy.  Don't remember any similar scenes in it.
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 04:11:44 PM »

It isn't Charlie Boy.

I'm going to go out on a limb.

The Witches of Eastwick has a voodoo doll made of wax at the end.  The three titular witches use it to try to kill the Devil (Jack Nicholson).  There were some earlier scenes where the Devil cursed the witches and another woman.  IIRC, there was plenty of doubling over in pain and puking up what looked like candied cherries.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 04:16:16 PM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Sister Grace

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 06:08:33 AM »

It isn't Charlie Boy.

I'm going to go out on a limb.

The Witches of Eastwick has a voodoo doll made of wax at the end.  The three titular witches use it to try to kill the Devil (Jack Nicholson).  There were some earlier scenes where the Devil cursed the witches and another woman.  IIRC, there was plenty of doubling over in pain and puking up what looked like candied cherries.

No, i watched this movie in grade school with the boy next door..and well i've not got much time left being on the backside of thirty.. it would have had to have been made either early eighties or possibly late seventies.I do remember a big lady that looked like Mrs. Buttersworth too.
anyways, thanks for all the help guys..

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Voodoo Doll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.