Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:37:32 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Philadelphia Star Wars Exhibit (Adventure Theater Feature) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Philadelphia Star Wars Exhibit (Adventure Theater Feature)  (Read 4820 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: March 22, 2008, 03:41:55 PM »

Went to the STAR WARS exhibit yesterday in Philadelphia and made a quick video for everyone. If you get to go you'll see the original landspeeder, Darth Vaders original outfit from the fim, the original Yoda muppet, and much more. Here's the clip I just made up. Sorry it isn't better, but my movie maker keeps freezing up my computer everytime I try something fancy. Don't forget to watch for me towards the end of the video going up the Rocky steps at the art museum!

Small | Large

Here's a link to the exhibit.

http://www2.fi.edu/exhibits/traveling/starwars/

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 08:43:17 PM by Conan » Logged

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 03:54:33 PM »

Good footage.  I recall something like this coming to the Boston Science Museum but alas I missed it. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Scott

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 04:03:59 PM »

They actually had a real scale Millenium Falcon simulator ride, but it was a 90 minute wait for a 5 minute ride for $5 bucks, so we passed. Maybe we'll make a special stop to do that before the exhibit leaves the area.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 10:32:57 PM by Conan » Logged

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 05:41:25 PM »

I re-did Star Tours at Hollywood Studios during my recent Disney World Trip.  Didn't find it as enjoyable as the first time I did it 5 years ago.  Speaking of which, from what I understand they do something in the summer months for a Star Wars weekend.  Basically a bunch of people come out in character and you can get pics with them.  One girl working there told me Chewbacca appeared once.  One of the proud parenting moments for myself came when I got a picture with my 2 year old and myself on a speeder bike.    TeddyR

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Scott

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 08:15:56 PM »

One of the proud parenting moments for myself came when I got a picture with my 2 year old and myself on a speeder bike.    TeddyR

I hear ya DarkSider. They also have a Stormtrooper club that comes to the Philadelphia show on Sundays and walks around the place. Here is a link to their website if you live in their area your allowed to join. You can even be one of the Imperial Guard.

http://www2.fi.edu/visitor-guide/events/special-events.php#stormtroopers

When they brought the original three films to the theaters again about 10 years ago I took my daughter to all three on the big screen and then one at a time as the new ones came out.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 09:57:54 AM by Conan » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 08:56:41 PM »

I heard about this on the radio.

Shame I'm not into Star Wars though, as it sounds like a cool idea for the fans of the films.

Everyone does the Rocky thing. TeddyR

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Scott

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 02:16:34 PM »

True everyone was doing the Rocky Balboa run while we were there.  BounceGiggle You must remember this was a special feature of Adventure Theater.

By the way it wasn't my computer freezing up while making the video, but rather my mouse had a short in the wire which stopped everything. Bought a new mouse.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 08:54:55 PM »

True everyone was doing the Rocky Balboa run while we were there.  BounceGiggle You must remember this was a special feature of Adventure Theater.

By the way it wasn't my computer freezing up while making the video, but rather my mouse had a short in the wire which stopped everything. Bought a new mouse.
How long's it down there for anyway?  It's at the museum?

Scott

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 11:17:21 PM »

How long's it down there for anyway?  It's at the museum?

Yes, it's at the Franklin Institute till May 4th.

It's a traveling exhibit, so it should make it to most cities across the U.S..

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 08:35:07 AM »

I haven't gone to the Institute in at least ten years.  Good place from what I remember.

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 09:09:29 AM »

I guess I will be taking a trip to Philly in April to see this exhibit, hopefully I'm fully recovered by then.  I'm only about an hour and half to two hours from Philly so it won't be a long trip to go there.

I've never been to the Franklin Institute before, so this will be an interesting trip for me, if I make it.
Scott

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 09:42:54 AM »

I guess I will be taking a trip to Philly in April to see this exhibit, hopefully I'm fully recovered by then.  I'm only about an hour and half to two hours from Philly so it won't be a long trip to go there.

I've never been to the Franklin Institute before, so this will be an interesting trip for me, if I make it.

If you want to do the Millenium Falcon go on a Monday or Tuesday as I hear the line isn't as long.

You'll enjoy the Franklin Institue. It's worth a 2 hour trip. If you have time spend an extra day and go down to the historic area with the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Philadelphia Mint, Art Museum, and maybe take in a sports event or show in the evening.

Parking and food options aren't that good. We found a very nice deli around 20th and Market St. Meter parking might be best on the street between the Franklin Institute and the Art Museum. Bring quarters. The meter will give you up to 4 hours of parking.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 09:47:31 AM by Conan » Logged

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 09:59:26 AM »

If you want to do the Millenium Falcon go on a Monday or Tuesday as I hear the line isn't as long.

You'll enjoy the Franklin Institue. It's worth a 2 hour trip. If you have time spend an extra day and go down to the historic area with the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Philadelphia Mint, Art Museum, and maybe take in a sports event or show in the evening.

Parking and food options aren't that good. We found a very nice deli around 20th and Market St. Meter parking might be best on the street between the Franklin Institute and the Art Museum. Bring quarters. The meter will give you up to 4 hours of parking.

I was in Philly about 1 and half years ago, but I went to see a Cirque de le show, which wasn't bad, but wasn't my thing.  I went to the history part of Philly when I was in the 4th grade, but that was like 12 to 13 years ago. 

I was planning to go on the weekend since I wouldn't have to use my PTO for my job, but I'm looking to take some time off during the week during April or May. 
Scott

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 10:03:12 AM »

Get there early on weekends. They open at 9 a.m.. This will also help you find time for one of the IMAX films.

Good luck and I hope your feeling better for your trip.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 09:43:45 PM »

I was in Philly about 1 and half years ago, but I went to see a Cirque de le show, which wasn't bad, but wasn't my thing.  I went to the history part of Philly when I was in the 4th grade, but that was like 12 to 13 years ago. 

I was planning to go on the weekend since I wouldn't have to use my PTO for my job, but I'm looking to take some time off during the week during April or May. 

A word of warning about the parking though, the PPA (Philly Parking Authority) can be a pain in the neck sometimes (good people, but they do their jobs well.)

Oddly enough, I've never actually been to the Liberty Bell or anything like that, and I live there.  Though if you're in town in April, the Phillies should be playing then.  Good stadium there, and even if they're losing, at least they've got the Phanatic to occupy the time.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Philadelphia Star Wars Exhibit (Adventure Theater Feature) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.