Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:58:33 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Things I've learned about cars from movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Things I've learned about cars from movies  (Read 14367 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 08:04:46 AM »

There was en episode of Star Trek Voyager where they found an old pickup truck floating in space.  Out in the absolute zero, vacuum of space.  They beamed it aboard and, need I say it?  It started right up.  That is just wrong on soooooo many levels  Question

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 09:12:35 AM »

If an American made car flies 40 feet in the air, and flips during that process it will explode when it hits the ground. 

If you roll a car over and then roll it back so you can drive away in it, any damage done to the car during the roll over will automatically be fixed and look good as new. 
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 11:41:06 AM »

With all its flaws, "The peacemaker" had this right, Clooney had to shoot at the windshield a few times before he made a hole big enough to shove the barrel of his gun throgh it. It was supposed to be a bulletproof windshield, though.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 12:30:30 PM »

There was en episode of Star Trek Voyager where they found an old pickup truck floating in space.  Out in the absolute zero, vacuum of space.  They beamed it aboard and, need I say it?  It started right up.  That is just wrong on soooooo many levels  Question

I remember that BounceGiggle

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
akiratubo

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2008, 04:59:27 PM »

Quote from: Jack
LOL, that's one of my favorites.  Apparently the wires are hooked up to the starter, but once the car starts, the two wires are twisted together.  But, um, wouldn't than mean the starter would be running the whole time the car is?  You sort of want those things to turn off once the car starts.  And how about the actual ignition system of the car that sends electricity to the spark plugs?  That's apparently somehow magically run through that same wire.  Maybe it's just the on/off wire for the car.

Tying the two wires together closes the ignition circuit.  Touching a third wire to them activates the starter solenoid.  Once started, you leave the ignition wires together and let the solenoid wire hang loose.

On old cars that only have three or four wires on the ignition switch, you probably wouldn't get it right the first try.  And on a newer car that has about 6.022*10^23 wires on the switch AND all sorts of anti-theft features, forget it unless you know what you're doing.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2008, 09:03:07 AM »

What I'd really like to see in a movie is some guy hotwiring a newer car, touching two wires together and setting off the airbag  BounceGiggle

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 06:46:17 PM »

The Jag XKE is a boy scout magnet. Wait! That didn't come out right.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 10:25:31 AM »

ALL cars have positraction.

The smug school bully has the nicest car, but if he's part of the main plot, he will lose it somehow (wreck, stolen)

Even a worn-out 72 pinto can lay 80 feet of rubber if you slam the accelerator down hard enough.

Superchargers, even roots-type, can be turned on and off with the flick of a switch.

Cars that are going 180+ MPH stop dead in their tracks when they explode.

Nitrous Oxide doubles the speed of your car, and is only used when already at top speed.

If you see a Lamborghini crash and burn, its aluminum will burn remarkably like fiberglass. Same with Ferraris.

Tough anti-heros are often scared of the only real car around (Eyes Vin Diesel).

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 03:10:50 PM »

When cars travel at speeds upwards of 100mph, everything around them starts to move faster as well.

---------------------
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 03:59:12 PM »

There was en episode of Star Trek Voyager where they found an old pickup truck floating in space.  Out in the absolute zero, vacuum of space.  They beamed it aboard and, need I say it?  It started right up.  That is just wrong on soooooo many levels 

Obviously they "beamed" a full battery charge and a tank of fuel into it before beaming it aboard, oh, and the teleporter replaced any corrosion with it's native, uncorroded material.  BounceGiggle

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2008, 06:18:27 PM »

There was en episode of Star Trek Voyager where they found an old pickup truck floating in space.  Out in the absolute zero, vacuum of space.  They beamed it aboard and, need I say it?  It started right up.  That is just wrong on soooooo many levels 

Obviously they "beamed" a full battery charge and a tank of fuel into it before beaming it aboard, oh, and the teleporter replaced any corrosion with it's native, uncorroded material.  BounceGiggle

I must have missed that episode. Sounds like the plot of a battery commercial. Beam the truck aboard, put a bunny under the hood...you know the rest.

---------------------
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2008, 11:18:25 PM »

Lol, WHEN they try it, you can point out this site and collect some royalties maybe.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Things I've learned about cars from movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.