Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:00:22 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Alien crystal turns human evil with laser arm and raptor like aliens save day? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alien crystal turns human evil with laser arm and raptor like aliens save day?  (Read 4550 times)
Stephan
New Visitor

« on: March 22, 2008, 10:02:54 PM »

This could be a late seventies or early to mid eghties.

Its been at the back of my mind for awhile. I can't remember too much.
Somehow a man gets a hold of alien crystal and tech that could have been from a crashed alien ship. He begins to be affected and goes on a rampage through the town. His arm is part of or turned in to a laser cannon and this crystal is stuck on his chest.

I guess it stuck with me because he looked like the all American hero (blond I think) and turned out to be bad where the aliens, which looked like bad clay animation 80 versions of rapters which stand upright, stop him and save us.

Its been a long time and I was young so my facts could be a bit mixed up. Can anyone help??!
thanks;)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 10:27:58 PM »

While I've never seen the movies (or Anime) something about your description reminds me of "The Guyver".  Not sure if I spelled that right.  But I'm fairly certain it starred Mark Hamil.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 10:40:52 PM »

Sounds like 1978's Laserblast
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/laserblast/

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
Stephan
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 10:50:19 PM »

Wow that was fast, thanks guys I'll check those two out and let you know. Although since I was a huge star wars fan, I'd like to think I'd know if he were in the movie. Off to imdb to see. ;)
Stephan
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 10:58:34 PM »

After looking on imdb pics and synops I about 90% certain Laserblast is the one. Wow I even tried google with things like laser crystal and stuff like that before I found this site. Now I gotta find it somewhere to rent and to see if its as bad as I remeber, well actually for back then it made my young heart happy.
Thang for the help.

Now I gotta post one more mystery movie. ;)

PS I am new here, how do you turn this to solved?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 11:01:40 PM by Stephan » Logged
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 11:36:19 PM »

Laserblast is without a doubt the film you are looking for.  There was also a 90s remake/reimagining of the film called "Deadly Weapon"

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Stephan
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 04:08:51 AM »

Great! Thanks again, I get a 2-4-1 deal. I wonder how I will feel about it when I watch it again. It will bring back memories. Have you seen the Deadly Weapon, and if so how was that?

Another oldy I loved as a kid was Hawk The Slayer, who can't love a movie where an elf can jump 20 feet and shoot arrows like a machine gun?:)
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 09:34:54 AM »

Deadly Weapon is a fun film.  Teenager finds a laser cannon that disappears during a military train wreck.  He uses it to kill his stepfather/bullies at his school/etc.  It's worth a view if you can pick it up on the cheap.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 03:50:42 AM »

I've seen both Laserblast and Deadly Weapon and Deadly Weapon is definitely the better of the two films.
Laserblast was just awful.   Thumbdown

Deadly Weapon was a lot more fun because if you've ever dreamed of finding a suitcase that contains a futuristic backpack/atomic reactor with a death ray gun attached, you'll find that in this movie.
And it has Heather #1 from the movie Heathers! (the late Kim Walker)

Here's a synopsis I quoted from the IMDB:
"An expermintal gun powered by an atomic reactor is misplaced when the transport carrying it crashes into a river. The weapon soon falls into the hands of a bullied teen named Zeke, who uses it to get even with his persecutors. An army team led by the overzealous Lt. Dalton is sent to recover the weapon before it's unstable reactor overloads and causes a meltdown."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 03:53:17 AM by Ash » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Alien crystal turns human evil with laser arm and raptor like aliens save day? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.