Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:46:04 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Wherein I've Pretty Much Given Up Watching Television « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Wherein I've Pretty Much Given Up Watching Television  (Read 24626 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 07:18:57 PM »

I love the Law and Order franchise.  But I've gone off SVU, I don't know why.  I always make time for Vincent and Criminal Intent, but the original one I'll only watch if I happen to be around.  Which is weird, because I've watched it pretty religiously since it first started.  I guess I'll just get them on DVD and start all over again.

The writer's strike affected us pretty badly here.  We are only now getting new eps and not for every show either.  NCIS has started up with the new ones.  New House eps are starting from tonight, as with new Numb3rs eps which have been going for a few weeks now.

But Back To You has died in the arse.  Not sure if they've cancelled it or just not written anything new.  But we have new Rules of Engagement and new Two and a Half Men every now and again, but mostly with reruns.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 09:17:47 PM »

I love the Law and Order franchise.  But I've gone off SVU, I don't know why.  I always make time for Vincent and Criminal Intent, but the original one I'll only watch if I happen to be around.  Which is weird, because I've watched it pretty religiously since it first started.  I guess I'll just get them on DVD and start all over again.

The writer's strike affected us pretty badly here.  We are only now getting new eps and not for every show either.  NCIS has started up with the new ones.  New House eps are starting from tonight, as with new Numb3rs eps which have been going for a few weeks now.

But Back To You has died in the arse.  Not sure if they've cancelled it or just not written anything new.  But we have new Rules of Engagement and new Two and a Half Men every now and again, but mostly with reruns.
There's new episodes of Criminal Intent starting here next month.  I love Vince D'Onfrio on it, and that they brought back Logan.  SVU I've fallen out of, but pop it on if the commercial looks good.  Last week Robin Williams did a good performance on it. 

I pretty much just stick to the shows from above, with cartoons thrown in on occasion.  But I've cut out around 70% of tv.  It's mostly dvd's or repeats of South park/Law and Order/Simpsons.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 10:40:39 PM »

I've started watching South Park again, after having abaondoned it for a few years.  It's too easy to do now that everything is on DVD.  I think if we didn't have that option, I'd probably make more of an effort to check out the shows when they're on telly the first time.

I've lately discovered Drawn Together which is shown after South Park on Monday nights.  It's the funniest, most politically incorrect show I've ever seen and I love it to bits.  It's nice to see something funny and interesting that hasn't been sterilised into oblivion.

My favourite character is Foxy, although Toot kind of makes me uncomfortable when she starts cutting herself.  I don't know why that is.  I've never been a cutter or know anyone who did it, but it's just hard to laugh at and watch sometimes.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »

I've started watching South Park again, after having abaondoned it for a few years.  It's too easy to do now that everything is on DVD.  I think if we didn't have that option, I'd probably make more of an effort to check out the shows when they're on telly the first time.

I've lately discovered Drawn Together which is shown after South Park on Monday nights.  It's the funniest, most politically incorrect show I've ever seen and I love it to bits.  It's nice to see something funny and interesting that hasn't been sterilised into oblivion.

My favourite character is Foxy, although Toot kind of makes me uncomfortable when she starts cutting herself.  I don't know why that is.  I've never been a cutter or know anyone who did it, but it's just hard to laugh at and watch sometimes.
South Park I love.  Been a fan since the first episode was shown.  Oddly enough, I've never been a fan of Drawn Together, but can appreciate some of what they try to do.  I'm a fan of Family Guy and Drawn Together (in my mind), tries to take the random cutaway jokes from that and blend it with the 'shock value' of South Park and puts it in a blender.  I have seen some episodes, and of the characters, appreciate Hammy the most.

Robot Chicken is a good one.  Don't know if you have that over there or not though.

Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 07:00:43 PM »

I've seen the Robot Chicken DVDs in the stores, but I haven't seen it.  I think it's on cable, because I've never come across it on FTA telly.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 07:38:58 PM »

I've seen the Robot Chicken DVDs in the stores, but I haven't seen it.  I think it's on cable, because I've never come across it on FTA telly.
It's a goody.  Might be on cable, it is here.  It's mostly stop-motion style, using toys instead of actual cartoons.  They did an all chicken version of "Law and Order" in one episode, had a Kill Bill style parody featuring the boys of NSYNC (who all voiced their characters), etc.  My favorite segment was "Senior Mutant Ninja Turtles" featuring the turtles as old men in a nursing home.

Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 12:09:17 AM »

It's a goody.  Might be on cable, it is here.  It's mostly stop-motion style, using toys instead of actual cartoons.  They did an all chicken version of "Law and Order" in one episode, had a Kill Bill style parody featuring the boys of NSYNC (who all voiced their characters), etc.  My favorite segment was "Senior Mutant Ninja Turtles" featuring the turtles as old men in a nursing home.

Sounds good!  I'll have to add them to my movie queue.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 07:37:49 AM »

I've been watching even less TV lately.  I flip through the on-screen guide and not only is there nothing good on, or anything boring, but half of it is just insulting.  And could someone explain to me why some of these movie channels play the same movie three times in a row in the middle of the evening?

I used to be a huge music lover, and I've played guitar for as long as I can remember.  But around the early-mid '90s I completely lost interest in everything they were playing on the radio.  Just in the last week I've been going through all my old CD's (from the 1960's - 1980's) and giving them a listen.  Cable box - OFF.  TV - OFF.  CD player - ON.  Really need to buy some new CD's though, Ive heard everything I've got sooooo many times.  I must not be the only one, looking at Amazon pretty much every old album is being re-issued with remastered sound and from the reviews, even the fans of these bands are very happy with the higher quality mixes.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 08:39:51 PM »

I've been watching even less TV lately.  I flip through the on-screen guide and not only is there nothing good on, or anything boring, but half of it is just insulting.  And could someone explain to me why some of these movie channels play the same movie three times in a row in the middle of the evening?

I used to be a huge music lover, and I've played guitar for as long as I can remember.  But around the early-mid '90s I completely lost interest in everything they were playing on the radio.  Just in the last week I've been going through all my old CD's (from the 1960's - 1980's) and giving them a listen.  Cable box - OFF.  TV - OFF.  CD player - ON.  Really need to buy some new CD's though, Ive heard everything I've got sooooo many times.  I must not be the only one, looking at Amazon pretty much every old album is being re-issued with remastered sound and from the reviews, even the fans of these bands are very happy with the higher quality mixes.

Jack, I too got tired ages ago of listening to the dreck on radio.  If you want to listen to good, new music, log onto www.radioio.com.  It's an amazing station.  That's where I discovered wonderful gems like Alex Lloyd, John Mayer, Frou Frou, Travis, Delta Goodrem, Merrie Amsterburg, Richard Ashcroft, Joseph Arthur, Joydrop, Jeffrey Gaines, Janah, Jonatha Brooke,  and many many others.  They even have Adam Ant (under his real name Stuart Goddard).  The guy can really sing and has some great songs.

It was a lovely change not to have to listen to rap and r 'n' b and all that s**te.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »

A couple of months ago we got a new station that calls itself TOM FM.  TOM stands for tons of music and they play no particular genre of music.  They have some strange mixes.  They mix modern stuff with disco, classic rock with 80's stuff.  Just check out Tom's last ten on their website. They play things I haven't heard in years.

http://www.magic105fm.com/main.html

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 07:24:13 AM »

I'm listenin' to some Cyndi Lauper on TOM FM  BounceGiggle  Girls just wanna have fun.  I could get into this!  Oh dear god, they follow it up with Elvira by the Oak Ridge Boys.  Maybe we'll try that one again a little later   TeddyR  Radioio.com  has lots'a good stuff, Adam Ant is playing on '80s New Wave.  Haven't heard that song since about 1982!  I'll have to check out some of these other stations.

I was looking at Itunes a while back, they've got a ton of radio stations on there as well.  Wanted to run the sound from my computer (upstairs) to my stereo (downstairs), and they've got some really cool hardware to do it, but I had to have the guys at Best Buy get my printer to work with my computer...I can just imagine me buying on of these "streamers" and puzzling over it for days.  and days.  And finally giving up.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 07:33:28 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
cwalker
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2008, 07:54:23 PM »

i can't stand reality tv, and do not care for crime shows much or hospital shows...game shows are boring and greedy...i like cooking shows, but rachel ray talks too much, and has all these segments that have NOTHING to do with cooking! you can keep dr phil, and the court shows too. (okay, so i like judge judy's common sense sometimes though...). I like 'Criminal MInds" sometimes, and here in washington, they just finished showing the reruns of the series "dead like me" saturday afternoons. i watched the dvds at my sons place last summer, and loved it.  i like some episodes of south park, and that star wars episode of family guy was funny. i do like ghost whisperer, but it is problematic. the show is jlhewitt's character having to restate everything the ghost says to the love ones, and 'crossing them over'...it gets old. i sort of miss the format of the 'movie of the week' that columbo, rockford files, etc enjoyed when i was growing up (my folks watched them). to have a series which viewed only once a month for about two hours made the character development better, the story arc fuller, and you did not get tired of the gimmick. i still say there are a few shows which died an early death because they burnt out early. long story short: not much out there. we do not have cable or satelite (and it is not in our budget to), and after next year unless we fork out some bucks (even WITH the coupon), we will not be able to watch local programming. (and most High Def is just the NEWS!!! As if I cared to see the teleprompter-readers pores!) sigh.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Wherein I've Pretty Much Given Up Watching Television « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.