Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:52:36 AM
714336 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "The Cavern" (1965) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "The Cavern" (1965)  (Read 2133 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: March 27, 2008, 05:43:32 PM »

I haven't seen this, but happened across its description and it interests me.  From what little I can find, it appears to be a much earlier version of "Deathwatch" in some respects, except that it did not have a supernatural hook (besides the cave being inescapable).  Still, this one sounds neat.  Has anyone seen it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059022/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 05:51:12 PM »

You mean I'm the first! Yes, I've seen it on television. Quite memorable as I remember it, though I don't remember Peter Marshall, even though he is one of my favorite lesser known actors, being it.

I also don't remember Edgar G. Ulmer being the director, but he is a director whose films are usually worth watching. There again, as a historical note, this was his last credited film.

The basic plot is that a number of people: American, English, German, and Italian get trapped in a cave being used as a supply depot by the Germans, when the entrance is blown up. Now they have to find some other way of getting out of it. And not all of them make it.

What I have always find interesting, is that Larry Hagman who most of us associate with "I Dream of Jeannie" and then "Dallas" on television, also had a career in films.

Worth watching for all the given reasons. Plus the fact that it is not a bad film on its own.

One of the most
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 07:29:01 AM »

What I have always find interesting, is that Larry Hagman who most of us associate with "I Dream of Jeannie" and then "Dallas" on television, also had a career in films.

He also directed "Beware!  The Blob!"  That's his only film directing credit, but there you go.

This is a film now on my "see this someday" list, but finding it will probably be a hurdle.  Also, from what you say, I was correct in saying that the film avoids a supernatural angle.

The end of your reply seems to be cut off, unless you had abandoned that sentence while writing it and just not deleted the scrap

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 06:37:51 PM »

We will never know. No, I probably abandoned that sentence than forgot to delete it, before I posted the thread.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "The Cavern" (1965) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.