Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:46:23 AM
713400 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  drive-in movie classics 50 movie collection « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: drive-in movie classics 50 movie collection  (Read 4181 times)
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 30, 2008, 11:31:39 PM »

i have to imagine that at least a few of you guys have this set, too. furthermore, i'm sure plenty of us have seen a handful of the films included in the set.

included:
absolution, beast from haunted cave, black hooker, breakout from oppression, count dracula & his vampire bride, country blue, creeper, creepers, day of the panther, death by dialogue, the devil with seven faces, don't look in the basement, don't open till xmas, the firing line, going steady, the guy from harlem, horror of the zombies, i wonder who's killing her now, in hot pursuit, invasion of the bee girls, island monster, jive turkey, katie's passion, the lazarus syndrome, legacy of blood, the legend of bigfoot, mad dog, mama dracula, the manipulator, moon of the wolf, murder mansion, nabonga, night train to terror, prime time, prisoner of the lost universe, rattlers, savage journey, savage weekend, shock, slave of the cannibal god, snowbeast, spare parts, throw out the anchor, tnt jackson, trauma, treasure of tayopa, twister's revenge, unsane, voodoo black exorcist, and women of devil's island.

i, for one, have seen count dracula & his vampire bride, don't look in the basement, prime time, trauma, and unsane. of those i'd only recommend two, count dracula... which i actually saw as the satanic rites of dracula, and while it was somewhat weak, lee and cushing give it some charm, and unsane, which i saw as the superior italian cut, tenebre, which is a great giallo.

so, anyone have any recommendations for the rest of the set? what should i check out, what should i avoid altogether?

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 12:44:48 AM »

wow, nearly 50 views and no one has anything either positive or negative to say about this boxed set, or any of the films contained therein?! Question

frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 01:42:36 AM »

I had a look at this one when I ordered the horror and scifi 50 movie pack. As I'm more interested in 50s b/w flicks, I decided not to buy this one.

Frankly, I haven't seen any of those, ether on TV, video, dvd, etc, so I can't recommend (or not recommend) any.

Wait, Moon of the Wolf and Snowbeast are both on the 50 movies horror pack. Both suck. (Did I mention I like the older stuff better?).

However, without shipping cost I probably would have given this set a try....

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 08:15:55 AM »

I've got Legacy of Blood and Snowbeast on some other sets.  Snowbeast is an old favorite.  Pretty sure it was made for TV, don't know what it's doing on a drive in collection.  Legacy, I think that was awful.  Can't remember it very well though.  I was thinking of buying some of those 50 movie sets, but the Drive In collection didn't sound particularly interesting.  I'd probably go for the horror and sci-fi collections though.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »

Don't have this particular set either but I've got the following movies in other multi-movie packs:

beast from haunted cave; I think I have this on an old Madacy disc.  Don't remember anything about it.  Qaulity was probably not very good.

count dracula & his vampire bride; I have this on the Vampires & more 2- movie pack.  It's the same WS transfer that every PD label has ript.

horror of the zombies;  I have this on the Vampires & more 2- movie pack. Don't remember anything about it.

invasion of the bee girls;  Seen it.  Great movie.  Not sure what version they're using here.  If it's the same PD version St. Clair used it's cut and terrible looking.

legacy of blood; Seen it ages ago.  Not bad.  Unless I'm misremembering, in which case who knows.  BounceGiggle

mama dracula; I have this on the Vampires & more 2- movie pack.  Looks like it was filmed with an old analogue camcorder through a sh!t stained window.

moon of the wolf; Seen it.  Not bad.

nabonga; I think I have this on some other multi-movie set.  Think it's a cheesy man-in-a-cheap-gorilla suit movie.  yawn.

prisoner of the lost universe; Have this on another 50 movie set that I haven't taken the shrink wrap off of yet.  (But I hear the quality is pretty bad, we're talking multi-gen VHS dupe.)

slave of the cannibal god; I have a WS PD release of this.  Not bad.

snowbeast; I have it but don't remember if I've watched it.

trauma; Yeah, okay, WHICH one?  There's been a few movies that used this title.

voodoo black exorcist;  I have this on the Vampires & more 2- movie pack.  OMGWTFBBQ!  You. Must. Watch. This.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 08:01:24 PM »

the "trauma" contained in the set is a really mediocre giallo starring fabio testi, whom you might remember from lucio fulci's "contraband" (aka "the naples connection").

horror of the zombies is just another title for one of the tombs of the blind dead films, actually.

thanks for the input, guys. voodoo black exorcist, and all of the other blaxploitation flicks are moved to the front of the queue.

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 08:30:04 AM »

voodoo black exorcist;  I have this on the Vampires & more 2- movie pack.  OMGWTFBBQ!  You. Must. Watch. This.

holy frig! what the hell was that?! nice ending! omgwtfbbq indeed!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  drive-in movie classics 50 movie collection « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.