Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:48:27 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  March Viewings « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which of my March viewings have you seen?
The Gospel Of John (2003) - 1 (10%)
No Country For Old Men (2007) - 4 (40%)
30 Days Of Night (2007) - 2 (20%)
The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) - 3 (30%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: March Viewings  (Read 4767 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: April 01, 2008, 03:54:24 AM »

THE GOSPEL OF JOHN (2003) - This is a very good film. The title also refers to it being a visual bible. It's word for word from the Gospel Of John. The narrated portion of this film was done by Christopher Plummer. Check it out

(8 out of 10 Stars) Thumbup Thumbup 10 stars if your a Christian.

Watch the whole film on Youtube if you can't find a copy here's part one below. My local Ma & Pa store had a copy and Suncoast had a copy for $15.

Small | Large

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN (2007) - Phew this is a good one. Real creepy and that one guy is a real psycho with some strange ways and a strange weapon.

(10 out of 10 Stars)  Thumbup Thumbup

30 DAYS OF NIGHT (2007) - Great concept for a vampire film set in Alaska. These really don't seem like vampires because they have razor teeth and don't seem to care how much blood they spill. You'd think they would take great care with every drop.

(8 Out of 10 Stars)  Thumbup Thumbup It keeps you interested.

Small | Large

THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY (1999) - Watched this as part of my daughters multiple personality paper at College. The film isn't bad  and the main character is not well. This film also has some nice Italian location shots.

(7 out of 10 Stars)  Thumbup Thumbup Seems like I've seen better on this subject.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 08:40:44 AM by Conan » Logged

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:50:16 AM »

No Country For Old Men was great. 
The ending was a bit of a downer and I had to go to the IMDB to understand everything that happened. 

And The Talented Mr. Ripley was excellent!   Thumbup
I own this film on DVD and have watched it several times.
Tom Ripley is so bad but you can't help but like him.
You find yourself wanting him to get away with his crimes.  And he does!   Wink

If you liked The Talented Mr. Ripley, you'll like Ripley's Game.
In it, Ripley is much older and is played to perfection by John Malkovich.
I also own Ripley's Game on DVD and cannot recommend it enough.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 07:37:20 AM »

Saw No Country for Old Men the other night and yes Javier Bardem plays one very psycho hit man. I have to agree with Leonard Maltin about Tommy Lee Jones in this movie, he did a much better job in In The Valley of Elah.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 10:23:47 AM »

No Country For Old Men was great. 
The ending was a bit of a downer and I had to go to the IMDB to understand everything that happened. 

And The Talented Mr. Ripley was excellent!   Thumbup

The Talented Mr. Ripley probably deserves an 8 out of 10 stars. Amazing how much crime could have been done without todays forensics. Didn't know they made sequels. It was a film that was on my long list.

Saw No Country for Old Men the other night and yes Javier Bardem plays one very psycho hit man. I have to agree with Leonard Maltin about Tommy Lee Jones in this movie, he did a much better job in In The Valley of Elah.

Yea, Tommy Lee Jones wasn't that great in this film, but that Javier Bardem played that role really well.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:27:26 AM by Conan » Logged

Hammock Rider

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »

There is a real jerk at work, the kind of guy who will go out of his way to make you look bad even when it doesn't seem to benefit him, just so he can maintain his imagined status as "alpha dude' amongst the ranks. He's vermin and always trying to hump your leg, so to speak. Reminds me a little of Jim Belushi but more overbearing and loutish. He was talking about how much Javier Bardeem creeped him out in this movie, so I started calling him "Friendo". At first I only called him that on occassion and tried to be subtle about it but eventually I was calling him Friendo every day. I think it knocked him off his perch because now he doesn't try to embarass  me every time we have to work together. I stopped calling him that ,hopefully, before it became an HR issue. Of course now everyone calls him Friendo. I guess Corporate America is run by 6th graders.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Scott

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 09:01:43 AM »

Cheer up Hammock Rider. Even if life at work seems dismal you always have
YATTA Small | Large
. Here's to you while your going through these difficult times. Not sure it will help. Good luck.

Small | Large

By the way if you liked Javier Bardeem in NO COUNTRY FOR OLD ME then we had better check out LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA. Heard it might be good.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:21:12 AM by Conan » Logged

peter johnson

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 01:02:11 PM »

Patricia Highsmith, who wrote the 5 or 6 Ripley novels out there, found the French film "Plein Soliel"(1960) to be the best of the film Ripleys.
She also wrote "Strangers on A Train".  There was also a German Ripley:  "Der Amerikanische Freund"(1977), which is also a version of "Ripley's Game".  I've actually seen the French film, but not the others.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 03:57:10 PM »

Thanks Conan but I'm more annoyed by the work situation than bummed out by it. And it may be changing for the better soon so I'm keeping a good thought. But thanks for the YATTA! That stuff whisks you out of the Now like a bottle of some kind of electronic internet Vicodin.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  March Viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.