Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:40:14 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who do you think are the worst movie monsters (I'm writing an article) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Who do you think are the worst movie monsters (I'm writing an article)  (Read 14880 times)
Justintoxicated
New Visitor

« on: April 01, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »

Hello everyone.

I'm a freelance comedy writer and I'm trying to pitch a joke article to Cracked about just plain pathetic movie monsters.

Now I love B movies and classic horror/scifi/fan fiction but I'm no expert. I seek to write a humorous but informed article instead of a second rate uninformed opinion piece that won't do the topic justice. So after checking a hand full of sites I found this site and forum and after checking out some of the posts I decided that this was the best place to get intelligent informed opinions.

in short I just want to know who you think are the most pathetic movie monsters, whether it's a dog with a mask on or a common tomato.

so far the ones I'm thinking of including in the article are:

the killer shrews
the giant gila monster
leeches in attack of the giant leeches
tomatoes in Attack of the killer tomatoes (it's getting remade so I want to do something on the original)
Fungus monster in Bad Channels
Hobgoblins
the woman's head in the brain that wouldn't die

Thank you for your help
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:25:33 AM »

Definitely "a real, live GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD" (quoting Andrew) in The Giant Claw...

Also the one in "Creature from the Haunted Sea" (1961)

And what was this movie with the alien where the actors actually had to crawl into to get eaten? Was it some kind of space slug?

Bela Lugosi wrestling with an automated rubber octopus (lacking the engine) is a classic.

hmmm, lemme see...I have to think of some movies that aren't black and white...maybe later

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Justintoxicated
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 10:42:09 AM »

sweet thank you
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 10:48:36 AM »

Are we looking for the worst implementation or the worst ideas?  "The Killer Shrews" might look funny, being dogs wearing carpet remnants, but the idea is actually pretty good.  Ditto on "The Giant Leeches."

There is actually another movie about giant rats called "Deadly Eyes" and that had dachshunds wearing rat disguises.  The killer shrews look funny, but the rat/dachshunds are just amazingly silly.

Frank's suggestion of The Creeping Terror is excellent.

Ditto on The Giant Claw and "Creature from the Haunted Sea."

"Bride of the Monster" is the film with the awful rubber octopus.

I would add Ro-Man from Robot Monster.

We're looking thin on newer films, so how about the melted ET from Star Crystal

Disembodied head?  Go for "They Saved Hitler's Brain."  It's a much worse head.  It barely moves.  I think it might grimace once.

The giant mutant cat that lives inside another cat from Uninvited seems like it might be mandatory.

Same with the VW turned into a giant spider in "Giant Spider Invasion."

The fearsome fanged slugs in Slugs.

And who could forget the puppet Satan and his killer rubber starfish demons from Rock n' Roll Nightmare.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
peter johnson

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 12:37:37 PM »

Leave it to Andrew -- He got all the classic ones --
I would only note, on the "pathetic" side of things, that Hitler's head doesmove and speak while it's being transported in the exploding car.(They Saved You Know Who's Brain)  The actor had to stick his head up through the seat cushion into a bell-jar type affair.  He screams "Mach Schnell!!  Mach Schnell!", which, coincidentally, is all the German we knew as kids when we were playing Army.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 02:18:59 PM »

as far as recent movies go, Horny the Clown from Drive-Thru was really pathetic..i'm ashamed to even mention this movie in the company of friends or strangers...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
316zombie
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 03:22:52 PM »

warning from space,the starfish critters are a riot!and the carrot monster,with beverly garland,what's the title??aarrgghh! i can't think of ot!
the carpet monster from the creeping terror is a definite go!not only do the stars have to crawl in to the mouth to get eaten,but you can see their tennis shoes!
oh! and invasion of the the eye creatures for sure! you can see the zippers,and the turtlenecks,and the tennis shoes!
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 03:29:50 PM »

Torgo from "Manos": The Hands of Fate.   TeddyR

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Justintoxicated
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »

thank you very much I've got some not-so-serious viewing to do.

if my story article gets run I'll definitely post it up here (and if they let me, plug this site usually they're pretty cool about that stuff.)
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 05:39:52 PM »

I know that the movie was tongue-n-cheek but the movie The Stuff is a good one. Think of The Blob then think of yogurt... combine.

The Triffids from the 62 version of Day of the Triffids were not really the height of 60's sci fi.

And then there is Night of the Lepus. Giant, killer, rabbits.

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 06:50:04 PM »

If you want truly bad monsters, you cannot go wrong with Larry Buchanan films.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »

Howzabout the paper mache turkey head worn in BLOOD FREAK?
Then there is also....
.The giant moldy carpet monster (supposed to be a giant mutant sheep) in GOD MONSTER from INDIAN FLATS.
.The silly plastic dinosaur in ONE MILLION AC/DC?....

Small | Large

'-the spear goes into the monster-the monster loses his mind!" ...Gaud he'p me... Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 08:17:40 PM »

If you want truly bad monsters, you cannot go wrong with Larry Buchanan films.

The guy in a bugsuit, that was supposed to be a forty-foot dinosaur in "It's Alive" has to be the dumbest monster I've ever seen. Probably the only highlight of an otherwise unwatchable snooze-fest, I'd recommend finding a clip off the web, rather than watching the movie.

The collection of plastic toy dinosaurs from "Range Rider & The Calgary Kid" were more impressive.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 08:51:30 PM »

Curse Of The Swamp Creature had a painfully bad creature. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
JJ80
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 09:02:49 PM »

I nominate "The Gargon", the silhouette of a lobster from "Teenagers From Outer Space" (O.K film that it is)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who do you think are the worst movie monsters (I'm writing an article) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.