Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:20:48 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Ultraman: The Space Ray of Terror « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ultraman: The Space Ray of Terror  (Read 12433 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: April 01, 2008, 04:18:04 PM »

Kids draw a monster, and mysterious cosmic rays cause the drawing to come to life!  The Science Patrol is called in to destroy the beast.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 09:03:46 PM »

not one of my favorite episodes, but it's kind of a touching one now that i watch it as an adult.  how often did you want one of your drawings to come to life as a kid?

it's popular now to look at Ultraman as the "bad guy" these days, since he usually was stopping a monster from destroying things, instead of realizing this is a forty year old show and monsters were not thought of "unstoppable forces of nature" or something.

David

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 12:37:04 AM »

ULTRAMAN ROCKS Smile
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 09:39:36 AM »

Does the science patrol get extra funding for using up old ammo? Add the macho element and you have loooooots of urban destruction.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
George
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 06:45:04 PM »

What happens when kids in Japan draw pictures of monsters on a piece of junkyard pipe when the earth is being bombarded by cosmic space rays?----,The drawing turns into The Real Thing!,--and I don't mean Coke-a-Cola!.

The kids name it Gabadon,it's first appearance is white,kind of like an amphibious Moby Dick.

Since all it wants to do is sleep,Ide says leave it alone,but our captain says it's the patrols duty to fight all monsters.So they and the army do,annoyed Gabadon moves on then dissappears after sundown.

After studying the situation,the patrol realizes it came to life because of the space rays.So Ide says just erase the drawing,they do,but the kids come back.

This time they decide to make it the thing lively and colorful,I guess they want the monster to destroy there homeland,this time the creature is more aggressive,the kids cheer it on ward towards Tokyo!,I don't know I suppose you just had to be there.

Hayata tells the kids to get out of the way!,they won't,let the monster live,and Japan be destroyed?!,---seems like it.

Hayata falls into the river,the kids & Gabadon----Cheer?!,go figure.
While being swept away the beta capsule appears above water and Hayata becomes Ultraman.

The monster's mad,they have a fight,the kids beg Ultraman not to destroy Gabadon,(our hero Ultraman?),so he takes it up up and away!.

Later that night the kids are sad,they miss there Gabadon,then Ultraman appears in the sky and tells them not to cry,they can see Gabadon in the every year at this same time,then for a brief minute they see star Gabadon,but until the mystery of the cosmic space rays are fully known,The Science Patrol will have to keep a careful watch on all monsters drawn by children.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Ultraman: The Space Ray of Terror « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.