Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:13:47 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Generic Trolling Thread Meant To Rile Up Board Users For No Good Reason. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Generic Trolling Thread Meant To Rile Up Board Users For No Good Reason.  (Read 19415 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 05:18:47 PM »

it's okay to say that muslims are all bad and need to be nuked,...

Hmm...did anybody actually read beyond that part of the sentence, or did you all just stop there and make up your minds as to what it said?

Here's the rest:

...but not that maybe we could have ended slavery peeacefuly like every other civilized nation instead of 600,000 people, virtually none of whom had anything to do with slavery, being slaughtered.

Aside from a typo or two, it is basically a comparison of degrees for the purpose of setting an example; not a statement of the writer's philosophy.

I did miss that, and that was my mistake.  Sorry about that, Lester.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 05:26:02 PM »

zap- haha that's okay bro. i'm just glad you don't think I believe that.

derf- there was a guy named ixabert at a board i used to go to who was a militant communist.  his calling card was defending kim jong il, but he also defended cannibalism.  One of his blogs, which i wish I could find,  had an eloquent defense of when they used to castrate little boys to make them sing in choirs.  because they made such beautiful music even though they were violently assaulted in oder to do it. 

indiana-  slavery was the most un-libertarian enterprise ever.  it was morally depraved and totalitarian at every turn.  have you ever seen "addio zio tom" ?   It's very edgy but kind of amazing the way it depicts that era, moreso than alot of "good" films

okay message received.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 05:53:16 PM »

of for the love of Pete, you took that completly out of context!!

I most certainly WASN'T saying that it was okay nuke muslims, I'm saying that hateeful remarks towards those peoples are tolerated while asking questions about our history aren't.  sheesh.  try to at least read the entire sentence.

You want context?  Fine:

again, i will stick to lighter subjects.  But I honestly don't see why there is such a big fuss about this stuff.  it's okay to say that muslims are all bad and need to be nuked, but not that maybe we could have ended slavery peeacefuly like every other civilized nation instead of 600,000 people, virtually none of whom had anything to do with slavery, being slaughtered.   

And I'm still calling you out. Show me where on this board it has been okay to say that muslims are all bad and need to be nuked.  Show me where hateful remarks toward these people are tolerated.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Menard
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 07:11:48 PM »

And I'm still calling you out. Show me where on this board it has been okay to say that muslims are all bad and need to be nuked.  Show me where hateful remarks toward these people are tolerated.

Might I point you toward the Islam thread: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,118553.0.html

So far I have not read all the way through it, so I cannot comment to all of it. I have not read anything, yet, that I would classify as hateful, personally. Negative or deriding? Yes.

Is it a show of love that 7 out of 15, 46.7%, of those voting in the thread have declared the religion as a 'bad religion'?

You might say that is not extreme enough to be declared as hate, but I don't know what your extremes are and there are certainly those who would consider it a show of hate.

"Well...that's...that's not what I meant. Those were the only choices Ash provided and I had to vote for one."

Whether someone meant it the way Ash worded it or not (not a knock on Ash as he worded it fine), it is not the most prudent of choices to allow Ash's words to do the speaking for you; anybody's words.

Since the dawn of Christianity to the present, most everyday somewhere in the world someone has been killed...in the name of god. Christians from all walks have fought to maintain backward ways of thinking that are predjudicial and promote hatred and violence toward those who are different from them.

In that light, would Christianity be a 'bad religion based on total control'?

Certainly my description above only applies to small pockets of Christian extremists and not the majority of Christians...

...or does it?

Are my remarks 'hateful' toward Christians?

Some may think so...

...and some may think that the remarks toward Islam are hateful.

Again, if I have offended anyone...
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 08:33:19 PM »

The choices given in the other thread were limited, but that is ok. Nobody had to vote and everyone is free to express their opinions. Just keep things civil as we usually do. No harm done. Share your politics, philosophy, or religion if you wish, but lets also keep it informative.

We now pause for this brief musical interlude.

Small | Large

Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 08:40:22 PM »

Ooh! Ooh! I've got one!

Bush has been a decent President; definitely better than Clinton. I voted for Bush in 2004 and I'd do it again in a heartbeat if that were possible. The way things are shaping up now, I wish we could have him back for a third term.

Cheney's all right too.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 08:41:05 PM »

Scott the Barbarian:  Thumbup

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
 Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

Thanks! I needed that!
Ooh! Ooh! I've got one!

Bush has been a decent President; definitely better than Clinton. I voted for Bush in 2004 and I'd do it again in a heartbeat if that were possible. The way things are shaping up now, I wish we could have him back for a third term.

Cheney's all right too.

And my response to that...

Small | Large

...I guess I'm mellowing in my old agedness...(is that a word?  Question)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:49:21 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 09:59:51 PM »

You might say that is not extreme enough to be declared as hate, but I don't know what your extremes are and there are certainly those who would consider it a show of hate.

In an intellectually honest society, it's perfectly admissible to say that another's beliefs are wrong -- even "bad" -- without such statements being rationally interpreted as "hateful."  By those overbroad, watered-down standards, all political discourse in the U.S. this year could be considered "hate speech."  I reject that completely. 

And I'm still waiting for anything which justifies the jaw-dropping gloss of "muslims are all bad and need to be nuked."  That's the intellectually dishonest deliberate misstatement (we used to be able to call them "lies") which Lester needs to own up to, to either justify or retract, before he can claim that his opinions on this or any subject are worthy of consideration among grown-ups.

Nathan Shumate
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 10:51:16 PM »

Scott, you're an inspiration.  I think I'll interject Numa Numa into every flamewar I see from now on (not that this was a flamewar).  Just hafta love it at 0:17 when he starts pumping his arms.
Menard
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 11:08:28 PM »

And I'm still waiting for anything which justifies the jaw-dropping gloss of "muslims are all bad and need to be nuked."  That's the intellectually dishonest deliberate misstatement (we used to be able to call them "lies") which Lester needs to own up to, to either justify or retract, before he can claim that his opinions on this or any subject are worthy of consideration among grown-ups.

Well, let's go get some grown-ups then. TongueOut

You are still not only quoting him out of context, but defining him by such. If you want lester to reply in a grow-up manner to you, then take him for what he said, not what you wanted him to have said.

And, in case....aw hell...you know the rest.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008, 08:31:54 AM »

Please explain how I can reproduce two whole paragraphs and still somehow be quoting him "out of context."

For those of you who have trouble following along, I KNOW that lester himself doesn't think that "muslims are all bad and need to be nuked."  He is asserting that that is somehow an acceptable view for the rest of the board, possibly even the consensus, while his own views on wars are being singled out for rejection.   So that I won't foundlessly be accused of taking him out context again, here is the entire paragraph one more time:

again, i will stick to lighter subjects.  But I honestly don't see why there is such a big fuss about this stuff.  it's okay to say that muslims are all bad and need to be nuked, but not that maybe we could have ended slavery peeacefuly like every other civilized nation instead of 600,000 people, virtually none of whom had anything to do with slavery, being slaughtered.

And I will say again (and hope against hope that reading comprehension crawls into this thread sometime soon) that for lester to imply that the rest of the board, or even a sizeable contingent thereof, holds that "it's okay to say that muslims are all bad and need to be nuked" is an unsupportable strawman. Such a stance, to my knowledge, does not exist among the posters on this board, and to imply that it does is intellectually dishonest and repugnant.

So again, please show where I am misstating lester's words.  Further unsupported bleating of "Out of context! Out of context!" will not be be met with more clear explanation which obviously isn't being comprehended; I'll simply file the bleater under "Idiot."

Nathan Shumate
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008, 08:45:10 AM »

nshumate- I retract my strawman.  it was just a general coment based on some of the stuff the righties around here have said.  I have no proof of it. 
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 08:52:47 AM »

I think Lester may have had me in mind when he made that remark, so let me clarify what I originally said . . .

I  think Islam is a fundamentally brutal and repressive religion because, in the original texts of the Quran, Muhammad encouraged the use of violence to spread his new religion, ordering his people to "make war against the unbelievers."  He put those principles into practice in his own conquest of Mecca in 630 AD.

On the other hand, while the Christian church has indeed been guilty of violence, there is NOTHING in the teachings of Christ, as found in the Gospels, that urges his followers to violence in the name of their faith.  NOTHING.  Violence in the name of Christianity is a gross aberration from everything that Christ himself taught.

That is the difference between the two faiths in a nutshell.

Lester has got some odd opinions, but he has a right to them, and while I may occasionally venture to disagree with him, I must admit I get tired of seeing him used as a punching bag. 

Karma to you, Lester!  Just to get you moving towards positive numbers again!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 09:29:09 AM »

nshumate- I retract my strawman.  it was just a general coment based on some of the stuff the righties around here have said.  I have no proof of it. 

Thank you, lester.

Nathan Shumate
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 10:11:22 AM »

Ho Hum.............

Hey you guys let's all make nice and agree that this all has little to do with Bad Movies.   

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Generic Trolling Thread Meant To Rile Up Board Users For No Good Reason. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.