Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:54:14 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you believe in-or like-that people take offensive? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Things you believe in-or like-that people take offensive?  (Read 21811 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: April 05, 2008, 04:23:08 PM »

The Lester-bashing thread (and that is what it is),got me to thinking...is there anything YOU believe in...or like-that people take immeadite offensive to? Personally...and if I get bashed for this,I'll understand...so go for it...

I like the music of Charles Manson.

Yes...he was a psycho meglomaniac.

He was a killer and a self centered madman.

But...I like his music. I even own a copy of the album LIES.

OK. So....anyone care to share?

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »

okay I've heard of free speech but this is ridiculous.  I'mm supposed to discuss fim with someone who venerates a sadistic muderer like manson.  dude, your sick.  you're a bad person.  fie, fie on you

Hatred

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 05:47:30 PM »

Not saying this just to take the contrary position, Lester, but -- RC says he likes the music, not that he venerates the guy.

At least, from what I'm reading, that is what I take from his post.

I think it's OK to appreciate his music.  From what I hear on that video, I think the music is OK -- I don't know that I would personally buy the album, but it's better than William Shatner's version of "Rocket Man."

Personally, I find Elton John's personal politics offensive at times.  Not that he is gay, but at times his bashing all of organized religion as he has, I find that offensive.  But I've always enjoyed the majority of his music, and I did see him in concert once.  He can play! 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »

okay I've heard of free speech but this is ridiculous.  I'mm supposed to discuss fim with someone who venerates a sadistic muderer like manson.  dude, your sick.  you're a bad person.  fie, fie on you

Hatred

Fie on me? I prefer pie. I like pie.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 06:13:47 PM »

Well, Bad Movies of course.

I wish I could count the number of times I've been at some Social Gathering, complete with members of the Local Upper Crust, and when asked what I did Last Weekend, got strange looks when I recounted the wonderously id-oriented fun of BIKINI BLOOD BATH...or SORORITY BABES IN THE SLIMEBALL BOWL-O-RAMA ... ASSAULT OF THE KILLER BIMBOS...or....well, you get the idea.

The monied, socially conscious slurpers have a hard time handling it.  But hey, I guess I've become somewhat of a novelty, a conversation piece.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Menard
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 07:29:34 PM »

Uh...yeah...plenty.

I'm a vegetarian. Not only do some Christians find this offensive, but apparently some members of this board took issue with it in a thread once. Anybody want to bring it up again?

I'm an atheist (I only use the term for convenience as many people do not understand the term agnostic, and I do not subscribe to any of the rhetoric from organized atheist groups). I think we can certainly guess who takes offense at this.

Quite amazingly, some people take offense at my strong anti-racism stance (maybe it's just me they take offense at).

I'd go on, but I think I've seeded enough potential arguments as it is.

And what the hell does fie mean? At least in the context that lester is using it?

Is it like 'fee fie fo fum, I smell the blood of a Merchant man'? TeddyR
redsneaker
Dedicated Viewer

Malcolm, get me my hypo-gun - quickly!

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »

Hardcore Religious People. The ones that look at me odd when I say my kid plays video games or watches Harry Potter movies. The ones that drag small children from door to door teaching them that this life is just crap you have to deal with until God comes down and burns the place up or you die and go to the better place.... How is that for messin up a kids mind. My religion is Karma. That is my fairy tale and I am stickin to it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:13:41 PM by redsneaker » Logged

"Strange and unexplained events are occuring."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 08:26:23 PM »

Is it like 'fee fie fo fum, I smell the blood of a Merchant man'? TeddyR

Could be. I'm only 5'2"...so most people are  giants.  Smile

Actually....I think Lester was just goofing around with his comment.

And yes, I find the whole Manson  saga fascinating...and the whole weird aura of the late 60's-early 70's hippie  burn-out meltdown era. But I don't plan on creepy crawling anyone.... yet....ooooOOOOOooooiiiieeeeoooo........ Buggedout

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 08:50:36 PM »

And yes, I find the whole Manson  saga fascinating...and the whole weird aura of the late 60's-early 70's hippie  burn-out meltdown era. But I don't plan on creepy crawling anyone.... yet....ooooOOOOOooooiiiieeeeoooo........ Buggedout

Nothing wrong with finding the disturbing and odd interesting. Whenever there's a special about infamous crimes, people and the like on I'm probably watching it (one of my favorite shows is actually Most Evil.)

As for that whole previous "Manson" issue, the human condition is a huge spectrum and each part of it can hold an interest. My brother used to research serial killers and he read the Unibomber's Manifesto. He's not a bad person, he was just interested and wanted to learn more on the stories.  It's also history. Forget and you're doomed to repeat it and all that?

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 08:53:28 PM »

Well, I believe in ex nihilo Creation; also in miracles in general. That had at least one biology professor at my college calling me a heretic.

Then there's sorcery; I believe there really is such a thing, though I also believe it's evil to do any of it.

I also believe all religion should be organized, albeit to differing degrees for different peoples.

These three beliefs do away with about, oh, maybe 75% of people who'd otherwise vote for me if I were running for something. That's one reason why I'm not in politics.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 09:07:58 PM »

OK...this is sure to offend everyone...!

Small | Large
I'm gonna ...be...(urp) sick...

...except the bourbun part.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 09:21:06 PM »

I...think I'm gonna ...be...(urp) sick...

RCMerchant, I can only give ya so much karma tonight. Smile
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:28:39 PM by Conan » Logged

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 09:27:07 PM »

For me it's got to be video games, people don't seem to be offended by the games I buy, just by the fact that a middle aged man is buying them for himself, that and Badmovies. One of the people I work with found out that in addition to playing video games I also come here and not only read but also post, apparently this makes me some kind of strange old guy.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 10:15:55 PM »

BELA's interest in MANSON's music is neither news nor unusual; we know he's a sick bastard (that's why we get along so well).   Twirling
You can buy MANSON's CDs on Amazon, in fact there's a new one released this year:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_/002-7470316-3009648?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=charles+manson

...I'm a vegetarian. Not only do some Christians find this offensive, but apparently some members of this board took issue with it in a thread once. Anybody want to bring it up again?
You are vegetarian for moral or health reasons?  I for one admire vegetarians, though fond of spring lamb.  How do you feel about liver with fava beans and a nice chianti? 

I'm an atheist (I only use the term for convenience as many people do not understand the term agnostic, and I do not subscribe to any of the rhetoric from organized atheist groups).
I have been described as an "atheist" more than once, but I think the term "atheist," literally is "against god-religion," and I'm not.  The term is hardly accurate to describe me, particularly as any kind of proselytizer.  I do challenge belief systems but only to determine mettle.   Thumbup  Oh-oh-oh.  Oh!  No karma. 

"...bourbon in a glass... and grass!"  Looks like cannabis.   Wink  Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 10:37:21 PM »

Yes...karma. In fact...Iv'e given karma to every one who has posted on this thread. The reason I posted this in the first place was I thought it would make a good catharasis (now I KNOW I must have spelt that wrong!) to air out ones thoughts ,on...well...whatever! 

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you believe in-or like-that people take offensive? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.