Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:00:32 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Darjeeling Limited « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Darjeeling Limited  (Read 2747 times)
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« on: April 05, 2008, 08:35:43 PM »

I just watched this movie today with my brother AKA The Introducer- I see a lot of movies I'd at first not liked then raved about through him. I liked The Life Aquatic and Bottle Rocket so when he told me that this was another one of that director's films i sat down to watch it. I can't figure out which genre it falls into so I'll just call it a really well-made movie. Three brothers who don't trust eachother set out on a spiritual journey through India to meet their mother years after their father was killed in a car accident. Awkward hilarity and running gags ensue but it never gets old due to the perfect pacing of events. It's just a good movie, I'm lost on what to really say Lookingup

Anybody else see it? Thoughts? Favorite moment? Favorite character? Other comments?

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 12:06:29 AM »

I mostly liked it very much, but then not so much. I thought there was trepidation on the part of the director -- I wanted the spiritual insight they got in the village at the funeral of the boy to be bigger.  I wanted to see the tiger that made the footprints at the monestary.  I wanted the train to strand them in the desert when they went up the hill to perform their retarded ritual -- okay, now that scene really was funny!!
Having really enjoyed Bottle Rocket & his other films, I felt that he squandered some opportunities here -- My favorite scene was where the train itself became a metaphor for all their lives, and you see a different life being played out in each rail car.  I wanted more of the movie to be like that scene.
I think a large part of my general neutrality in reaction to the picture stems from all the time I spent riding trains in India in the late '70s -- The actual experience is 17 shades weirder than the film let it be.  I guess I was expecting more.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 05:13:09 PM »

I though it was great. They nailed the dynamics between the brothers in the film, the mixture of drama and off the wall humour was fitting, and the visuals were very interesting. I'd go as far as saying that it's Wes Anderson's best film.

Favourite bits? The fight between the brothers in their wagon, which culminates in extensive use of pepper spray. Bill Murray running towards the train. The moment were we see all the characters in vignettes.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Darjeeling Limited « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.