Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:46:56 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Petition to stop Uwe Boll from making movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Petition to stop Uwe Boll from making movies  (Read 15945 times)
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« on: April 07, 2008, 07:14:52 AM »

All we need is a million signatures

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/04/06/uwe-boll-will-quit-making-movies-with-one-million-signatures/

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 07:48:34 AM »

This kind of thing is pretty silly.  Why try to stop ANYONE from making movies?

If you don't like the guy's work, don't go see it, buy it rent it.

(Like this would stop him anyway...)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 08:31:59 AM »

I think we missed out chance when nobody gave him brain damage during the "Raging Boll" boxing matches.  Of course, looking at his opponents, I think they would have been doing good to make him break a sweat.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 08:36:56 AM »

I don't think the problem is Ewe Boll, it's the Hollywood studios that keep employing him.  They assume that anyone going to see a movie based on a video game is a small child who doesn't care about anything except stuff blowing up, and so Ewe is the natural choice.  He brings in movies on budget, and the 12 year olds seem to be satisfied.

Personally I actually don't mind the guy.  I thought House of the Dead was a hoot, and BloodRayne's biggest problem was that it was boring.   The only one I really didn't care for was Alone in the Dark.  That one was dull, senseless, and Tara Reid had that thick damned sweater on through the whole movie.  If they had put her in the requisite tight tank top, I could have sat through it just fine.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 09:00:28 AM »

I think we missed out chance when nobody gave him brain damage during the "Raging Boll" boxing matches.  Of course, looking at his opponents, I think they would have been doing good to make him break a sweat.

Yes, if only somebody with some combat skills had taken him on, like a Marine, for instance Twirling

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 09:06:16 PM »

Uwe's movies may be bad but he's important to game movies; those movies show others what not to do.

I don't think the problem is Ewe Boll, it's the Hollywood studios that keep employing him.  They assume that anyone going to see a movie based on a video game is a small child who doesn't care about anything except stuff blowing up, and so Ewe is the natural choice.  He brings in movies on budget, and the 12 year olds seem to be satisfied.

Well put, Jack Thumbup

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 06:31:02 PM »

I don't agree with stopping anyone from making movies. Who knows? He might be just around the corner from making a bad movie that's actually fun to watch.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 04:13:51 AM »

On "Film General" at the IMDB, I always refer to him as Uncle Uwe. I actually like the guy as he genuinely likes making movies, however bad they might turn out.

I'm still waiting to see Tunnel Rats which he made here in South Africa: some of my colleagues worked on that with him and they said that he is easy to get along with.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pilgermann

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 03:54:34 PM »

Inept as he may be, I don't mind if he keeps trying.

Pilgermann

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 09:43:04 PM »

Buggedout

Small | Large

akiratubo

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 02:29:10 AM »

Eh, Boll's movies aren't that bad.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 08:38:32 AM »

I love that video! 

"I am not a f***ing retard"

"Elly Ross [Eli Roth?] making the same sh**ty movies over and over again"

"All that social critic George Clooney bulls*** what you get every f***ing weekend".

Ah, oovah-bo, how can you not love the guy  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 08:45:01 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 09:17:27 AM »

If we could just keep the man from molesting video games I'd be happy. He's said numerous times before that he doesn't give a shatner about keeping to the themes, tones, or even stories of the games his movies are based on so long as he gets to do what he wants. Telling the fans of the games they can pretty much shove them up their collective ass in favor of his doing things how he wants to do them, that's the offensive part that people hate him for.

I feel like there might actually be some kind of promise for Postal because it's going the Troma route of an offensive, over-the-top comedy. If Boll could stay away from anything having to do with horror, adventure, or fantasy and just do tasteless comedy, people might not loathe him so much since his stuff's already a joke to begin with anyway. Again, if someone could keep his sh!t covered hands off of pre-existing properties and point him toward original productions, I might not get a knot in my large intestines every time I hear his name.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 01:11:24 PM »

Don't knock Uwe, he keeps the clicks coming in for Andrew.  Drink

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 04:03:09 PM »

I have never seen a Boll film.

I don't play video games, so I won't be offended if he mangles them.

Can anyone guess whether I'd find his movies "bad" enough to be entertaining?  Or are they bad like unimaginative Hollywood schlock?  He seems to have an outsider's "f-the world, I'm gonna do what I want to do" aura about him, which I find kinda cool.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Petition to stop Uwe Boll from making movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.