Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:39:58 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Petition to stop Uwe Boll from making movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Petition to stop Uwe Boll from making movies  (Read 15941 times)
Wicked Nick
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 08:21:54 AM »

Wow that video is great, the fact that he is so full of himself, that he can't see why people hate his movies so much is the very reason his movies suck. I absolutely signed this petition because I can not stand a director who cares nothing for the fans of the source material. Uwe Boll and P.W. Anderson should both be band from making movies.

Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 07:55:52 AM »

Can anyone guess whether I'd find his movies "bad" enough to be entertaining? 

You might check out House of the Dead, "exuberant ineptitude" is the best way I can describe it.  Give the other ones a pass.

Here's the beginning of Postal:

Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 12:18:20 PM »

I know that some people will say "IF you think his movies suck, then don't go see them!" Uh, yeah ok, this is impossible. People like to stop and stare at car accidents, and Uwe's films are the cinematic equivalent of such. Even if people KNOW the film is going to suck, they will still see it anyway, either because they hope it is better than the last film he made, or because they are just gluttons for punishment.

But in Uwe's defense, he has come a LONG way from "House of the Dead." His directorial skills have gone from high school AV Club quality to Sci-Fi Original Pictures quality. I figure by the dozen-th(?) film he'll have most of the film making kinks worked out and may actually make something watchable.  Wink

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 12:38:29 PM »

You might check out House of the Dead, "exuberant ineptitude" is the best way I can describe it. 

I think that's why he doesn't bother me so much. I see him as kind of a latter-day Ed Wood. He loves what he does, but he's just not that good at it. He's also just plain entertaining - the man, that is, not the movies.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 03:23:54 PM »

If you don't like the guy's work, don't go see it, buy it rent it.

+Karma for you! Smile

As for Uwe Boll, House of the Dead was horrendous, but I liked Alone in the Dark and Bloodrayne and I'm happily going to see POSTAL and will soon rent Bloodrayne 2 once we actually have access to it in the UK.
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 09:52:24 AM »

Here is the question you must ask ...

If it wasn't for Uwe Boll and so many others like him, would be here (on Badmovies.org)? I think not.

You go Uwe, I'll watch your movies.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 10:09:20 PM »

While I'm not a fan of his work, I can say he doesn't deserve a petition to stop him from making movies.  He's 100x what someone like Brad Sykes or Andy Milligan are/were, though he's still not that great.  On a moral level, I can't agree with stopping anyone from making movies.  It's just like remakes; if you want it to go away, don't feed it.  I see god knows how many people whine about the latest remakes, and then go to see them a couple weeks later to confirm their fears, and then whine later when more remakes are being made.  The same goes for Boll's movies. 

But still... a genius... he calls himself a genius... I guess it's a subjective matter here, but wow...
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 04:20:29 AM »

A lot of people in the real world enjoy some of his films and the majority of the petition signers haven't even seen any and just go by what they've heard "he makes crap movies based on games o noez", and it's the classic internet "I don't like it therefore nobody should be allowed to have it!" attitude. Makes me sick.

So, I've been a man and checked out the rest of Uwe Boll's VG movies, since I'd only seen the godawful House of the Dead before, and frankly, aside from HotD, there's nothing he's done which would make signing your name to stop him doing his job/hobby okay and I think you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

If you want to know what I thought of the rest of the films... Alone in the Dark was a really enjoyable, competently made film which is no worse than your next hollywood monster thriller (I even bought my own copy of the DVD), Bloodrayne did exactly what it said on the tin and was far better than most of your superhuman girl movies like Electra or Catwoman, In The Name of the King was slow and korny but enjoyable with some amazing battles, beat the crap out of Eragon, Bloodrayne 2 was pretty good. So, what the f**k? I've seen movies which would make these films look like oscar winners, but I don't see any petitions to get those directors out of movie making. What, are you scared he'll take a game you'll like (It's not like he's adapted any games which are better than the movies he did, except HotD) and make an inappropriate movie of it? Or just that he won't impress the critics with said film and give the game a bad reputation? The films I've seen (again, except HotD, but that was from the script, not the directing) very much keep the tone of the games they're based on, moreso than any other VG movies (except perhaps Silent Hill), perhaps that's why the critics don't like them as movies, I dunno, but I had a damn good time watching most of these and I'll happily spit in the face of anybody who has signed the petition, and also supply a smack in the mouth to those who have signed it without even watching them. f**king pathetic.

I know that some people will say "IF you think his movies suck, then don't go see them!" Uh, yeah ok, this is impossible. People like to stop and stare at car accidents, and Uwe's films are the cinematic equivalent of such.

So you'd sign a petition to ban cars?
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 08:15:00 AM »

Myself? I like Uwe Boll...the man turns out some really entertaining movies. Sure, they're not high quality blockbusters but they are some fun movies. I laughed my way through House of the Dead....holy s**t...did anyone notice the zombies jumping off springboards? Wow...how could you not laugh at that! Blood Rayne had some nice eye candy in Kristanna Loken and, come on, tell me that movie wasn't hilarious....I dare you to tell me you didn't laugh at it.

Overall I agree with what many others have said here. Don't like, don't watch. I, for one, will continue to watch what he makes. Did anyone happen to notice what kind of board we're on here? Yeah...last I looked, it's for bad movies....and he makes some bad ones...although in fairness, I will also say, he is not the worst out there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Petition to stop Uwe Boll from making movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.