Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:13:34 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Handmade Avatars « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Handmade Avatars  (Read 3403 times)
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« on: April 15, 2008, 04:28:39 PM »

I recently made my current (but hard to see) sword avatar.  I'm working on something better but I wonder if anyone else has tried this.  I'd add a picture but the file size is too big.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »

Do you mean personally drawn, or just avatars cropped and uploaded as our own? I make my own avatars whenever a board will let me, so since joining the bmof I've used probably five or six different ones. My shortest used was probably a Bluntman Kevin Smith pic, my longest was probably my recent Photoshopped pic of Dolph Lundgren from Johnny Mnemonic, and my favorite was my pic of Godzilla on a giant tricycle against a fiery background. Right now I'm using Golden Bat from the movie of the same name. Not a great avatar, but a hilarious bats**t movie so it makes up for it... no pun intended. TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Menard
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:53:50 PM »

I have created my own avatars in image editors; primarily Photo Impact and some freeware editors.

One with my user name:

One for my own forum:

This one was done entirely with freeware and ended up being my favicon for my website:

clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 08:53:54 AM »

I create/crop my own avatars a lot -even make em for others.  The best thing to do is modify an image how you want and use a screen capture program to "capture" it to 100x100 pixels and save it as a jpg to minimize the file size.  If you use Photoshop in conjunction, you can make them pretty elaborate while still keeping them kinda small.  I recommend Snagit as a decent screen capture program.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 04:39:14 PM »

Do you mean personally drawn, or just avatars cropped and uploaded as our own? I make my own avatars whenever a board will let me, so since joining the bmof I've used probably five or six different ones. My shortest used was probably a Bluntman Kevin Smith pic, my longest was probably my recent Photoshopped pic of Dolph Lundgren from Johnny Mnemonic, and my favorite was my pic of Godzilla on a giant tricycle against a fiery background. Right now I'm using Golden Bat from the movie of the same name. Not a great avatar, but a hilarious bats**t movie so it makes up for it... no pun intended. TeddyR

Basically just anything that you have done something to by yourself, so even if you crop a small bit of an image it counts.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 04:42:48 PM »

I pretty much get bored with avatars every month so I make my own from screen caps. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 05:01:05 PM »

This is my first personally-made collage avatar for this site, two oddballs looking ready to mess someone up BounceGiggle

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 01:32:08 AM »

Buggedout Buggedout

My avatar was a picture of me taken in Bloemfontein, South Africa on 7th June 2007 with me in my tuxedo and my reinforced, prefabricated, stained underpants.

Just keep that image in your mind when you look at my avatar.  Twirling

Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 07:16:16 AM »

I've used a few different icons here, all of which I made/cropped. The first was a photo I took/constructed of a rubber chicken with a skull mask. The next was one I stole (and then cropped to size) off of Fark.com of a Teletubbie with a machine gun and the Punisher skull on its chest. My current one is Max from the Sam & Max comic strip. I had to delete some background stuff and crop it a bit, so it, too, qualifies as hand-made. I used PhotoShop on all of them for sizing/cropping/editing.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 04:24:01 PM »

Drew and animated mine Smile A program you could try is Avatar Sizer; the program sizes down whatever image you want while keeping the base quality.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Handmade Avatars « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.