Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:03:51 AM
714312 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  For Trade or Sale  |  Godzilla DVDs from Classic Media - SOLD « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Godzilla DVDs from Classic Media - SOLD  (Read 14504 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 27, 2008, 07:58:52 AM »

I have ended up with duplicate copies of the new Classic Media DVDs (which are the best Region 1 releases we have seen).  All of these are brand new, still in their original shrink wrap:

Godzilla aka Gojira (1954)
Godzilla Raids Again (1955)
Godzilla vs. Mothra (1964)
Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964)
Invasion of the Astro-Monster (1966)

How about $36 shipped in the US?

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 07:33:31 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dr_Malavaqua
Dedicated Viewer

Blind & vengeful

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 06:54:20 PM »

You don't happen to know if there are any, even better(not dubbed, cleaned up), versions of the Godzilla movies on the way sometime in the future?

If not(no bias here.. TongueOut) would you consider shipping: "Godzilla Raids again", "Ghidorah; the Three-Headed Monster" and "Invasion of the Astro-Monster" to Sweden? Cost?   

"...and there was much rejoicing!"
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »

Not to my knowledge.  Honestly, the only better versions of these I could imagine would be very expensive restorations to make them completely pristine.  These are very, very nice prints.  I just ended up with duplicates.

I can do some checking about the cost of shipping to Sweden.  I'll have to put them in a box and ask the post office to give me some costs.  It might not be worth the shipping cost; unfortunately that's an issue you see sometimes with small person to person shipments.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dr_Malavaqua
Dedicated Viewer

Blind & vengeful

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 08:04:07 AM »

Not to my knowledge.  Honestly, the only better versions of these I could imagine would be very expensive restorations to make them completely pristine.  These are very, very nice prints.  I just ended up with duplicates.

I see, some people mentioned the print quality at Amazon and I got worried. But then again, there are always complainers. Other then that the DVDs look great! The dubbing is actually the part I'm loosing sleep over, but as no Japanese audio version is in sight, I will get these one way or the other.(that sounded kinda scary..)

Thanks for the effort of checking shipping costs, awaiting the results!  Smile

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 10:18:22 AM »

[The dubbing is actually the part I'm loosing sleep over, but as no Japanese audio version is in sight, I will get these one way or the other.(that sounded kinda scary..)

Each of the Classic Media releases has two versions of the movie.  The English version in English, and the original version in Japanese.

Hopefully I will have that shipping cost checked on Monday. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dr_Malavaqua
Dedicated Viewer

Blind & vengeful

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 09:58:07 PM »

I'm terribly sorry, I got it all wrong:
After some investigation I found out that the reviews on Amazon are for all the versions of that film and not a particular release. This in combination with the fact that the "Product Details" section on some of the titels lists the Language as just English made me misinterpret the whole thing.  Bluesad

With this, for me, new information at hand I am now interested in the Godzilla vs. Mothra dvd as well!   Thumbup 

Again sorry for the inconvenience. I myself appreciate when people have gotten their facts straight - which I hadn't in this case. 

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 02:15:06 PM »

The postage is pretty high, like I feared.  It would be $28.00 for the shipping alone.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dr_Malavaqua
Dedicated Viewer

Blind & vengeful

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 04:56:53 PM »

I see, then it comes to about Amazon price + I risk the Swedish toll fee (about 50$!). Thanks a bunch for the effort, but I'll have to pass this timeSmile

Sometime in the future I will get them(thanks to your enlightening information) with one of my larger Amazon orders thus eliminating(almost) shipping and making it worth the extra toll if I end up having to pay it.

Some facts about DVD/movie prices in Sweden(for the interested):
Yesterday when I went to the cinema for "the Incredible Hulk"(Cool film BTW!) it cost me the equivalent of 15.57$. How much is it over there?
A new DVD(single disc) from a Swedish net store(which should make it cheaper) costs the equivalent of at least 29$. I have seen horror store prices of up to 40 bucks!!
This is the reason places like Amazon feels like a free lunch at Santa's smörgåsbord to me - and the reason I was still interested in your DVDs although the postage would be added!

AVERY GUERRA
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 11:39:49 PM »

WOW!! Now that's a hell of a deal Andrew!! Damn if I didn't already have these I'd snatch them up. The quality is really good from that company. They're about the best you'll find except for the new kaiju films 'Tokyo/Shock/Media-Blasters'. You can't beat that can of deal. Is that including shipping in the U.S.??
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 07:32:53 AM »

WOW!! Now that's a hell of a deal Andrew!! Damn if I didn't already have these I'd snatch them up. The quality is really good from that company. They're about the best you'll find except for the new kaiju films 'Tokyo/Shock/Media-Blasters'. You can't beat that can of deal. Is that including shipping in the U.S.??

The total was with shipping in the US.  I needed to update this thread.  These are now gone.  Going to close the thread.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  For Trade or Sale  |  Godzilla DVDs from Classic Media - SOLD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.