Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:13:19 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  INSIDE (2007) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: INSIDE (2007)  (Read 4370 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 16, 2008, 04:02:17 PM »

***1/2 out of ****.

Okay, I consider myself a very seasoned horror fan/gorehound.  I also claim that there isn't a lot anymore that can get under my skin and make me squirm horror  movie wise.

The 2007 French film INSIDE is proof that I can still have my senses and mind rattled.

Easily one of the most disturbing, intense and just plain f**ked up movies that I've ever seen.  Not to give too much away, but the plot involves a pregnant woman on Christmas Eve that is to give birth (or be induced to do so) the following day. Her and her husband were in a terrible car crash a few months earlier which killed him but she survived and her baby was okay.    While sitting at home alone (and miserable) on Christmas Eve, a visitor knocks on her door wanting to see if she can use the phone..........

and with that I'm not going any further.    I'll just say that this is the most screwed up pregnant threat type movie that I've seen since Rosemary's Baby. 

The movie has gained quite a bit of notoriety for it's extreme violence and gore.  Usually I'm cheering on gore in a movie but in this case the loads of violence and gore really made me feel uncomfortable for the most part.  Whereas  in most American horror, the gore and violence are either not there (PG-13 horror) or edited out by squeamish studios.  In the case of INSIDE, the camera never flinches away and the acting is so good that you'll probably find yourself sitting there wondering "What kind of sick mind would make something like this?!!!!".

Also, there is a ton of violence inflicted to the main pregnant woman as well which breaks a ton of taboos that people will have about this type of thing being portrayed on film.

The acting is fantastic as for the most part this is a 2 character movie in the form of two tremendous French female actresses.  The rest of the supporting cast brings a lot to the proceedings as well and don't just exist to be senseless horror fodder.

I will warn people that this movie is not for the faint of heart and the unrated tag listed on the recent DVD by Dimension Extremes is seriously earned. There is no way this movie could have gotten an R rating. The ending in particular alone would have sent this into NC-17 territory even without everything that comes before it.

I can't really say that I enjoyed this movie in a traditional sense as it's just so unsettling and messed up.  But as a horror film it works perfectly and does what horror is supposed to do....get under your skin, make you cover your face with your hands and screw with your head.   Like Harry Knowles said on Ain't It Cool News, this is the type of movie to bust out on an unsuspecting gathering of friends which you'll than try to explain yourself after all of the disgusted looks you'll get after the ending.    

I usually hate French cinema, but they are really whipping some butt in the horror genre over the past few years in the form of Inside, High Tension and Them.

BTW, I much prefer the original French poster art instead of the tacky cover art that the Weinsteins plastered on the Region 1 DVD.

EDIT:  The DVD I got was unrated but I checked and surprisingly Inside was rated R at some point by the MPAA. God knows how much made it through but this is what they rated it R for.

Title:    Inside (2008) 
Rating:    R 
Rating Reason:    Rated R for strong bloody violence, gruesome and disturbing content, and language. 
Distributor:    Genius Products   

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 09:37:03 PM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 06:44:22 PM »

Sounds awesome Torgo.  You can always count on the French to make the movies the American studios are too weak willed to make.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 10:43:25 PM »

I was looking at this one at the video store tonight.  I think I'll take a pass.  Eeew.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 08:28:30 AM »

Sounds interesting Torgo.  You compare it to High Tension which makes it an viewing for me.  I'll have to track it down.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 12:10:35 PM »

I've had this sitting around for a while, waiting to be reviewed.  I'm starting to see a LOT of positive press on it and the claim that it's completely EFFED.  Can't wait to check it out.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Torgo

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 04:38:48 PM »

the claim that it's completely EFFED. 

I showed it to a group of friends this past Saturday and a couple of them are completely disgusted with me at the moment.   TongueOut  They all agreed that they hadn't seen anything this completely screwed up in quite some time.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  INSIDE (2007) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.