Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:44:20 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bigfoot movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bigfoot movies  (Read 12751 times)
hellbilly
« on: April 18, 2008, 07:35:15 AM »

I enjoy a good Bigfoot, Yeti or whatever big & hairy creature feature once in a while, but there doesn't seem to be that many good ones out there. From the one's I've seen, ranked from best to worst (cheesy ones marked with a *):

01 The Legend Of Boggy Creek (1972)
02 Abominable (2006)
03 Night Of The Demon (1980) *
04 Sasquatch Hunters (2005) *
05 Creature From Black Lake (1976)
06 Snowbeast (1977)
07 The Cavern (2005)
08 Search For The Beast (1997) - Guilty pleasure! *
09 Demonwarp (1988) *
10 Boggy Creek II: And The Legend Continues (1985) - Guilty pleasure! *
11 Shriek Of The Mutilated (1974) *
12 The Untold (2002)
13 Night Fright (1967)
14 Terror In The Swamp (1985)
15 The Capture Of Bigfoot (1979)
16 The Legend Of Bigfoot (1976)

Anybody feel free to list or name their faves.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 08:19:46 AM »

1)  The Abominable Snowman (1957).  Black and white movie by Hammer Films with Forrest Tucker and Peter Cushing.  Very good, scary, great atmosphere. 
2)  Snowbeast - Made for TV movie from the '70s.  Always a favorite of mine.
3)  Sasquatch Hunters - eh, it was fun.
4)  Legend of Boggy Creek II:  The legend continues.  Only seen the MST3K version of this.  Good cheese.
5)  Terror Train - another Hammer film with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.  Not really a "bigfoot" movie per se, but it did have a big hairy man-like beast.
6)  Abominable - well, now we're already down into the "I sat through the whole thing" movies. 
7)  Sasquatch - this one sucked.
8)  Sasquatch Mountain - turned this one off after 15 minutes.

I still haven't seen The Cavern.  Gotta pick that up some day.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 02:56:32 PM »

I've turned just about every Bigfoot movie I've ever seen off after several minutes, they're just so terrible. Big hairy thing in the woods kills people. That should work! Why doesn't it?

Humbug.

If it were a killer tiger, a killer saber-tooth, a killer crocodile, a killer shark, then I could get behind it but there's never been any instance where a Bigfoot has attacked anybody. no, I'm not including the "Bigfoot love slave" tabloid trash, that's entertainment, though for whom I really wonder. There's just something deeply intangible about those movies that bothers met, not to mention the terrible creature effects. Just because it's humanoid in shape doesn't give you cause to crap out on the whole thing.

Yeah, I'm a bit strong about that whole thing.

Anyway, the only Bigfoot movies I ever liked were comedies- why they had better creature effects than the horror films (Magic in the Water vs Beyond Loch Ness, anyone?) is beyond me. One was Harry and the Hendersons and the other was about a Bigfoot that befriended the boy of divorced parents and played basketball for the town. You're searching for it right now, don't lie.

The worst? I'd have to say The Legend of Bigfoot (1976). It's a plodding film that drags on and on through stock footage, old home videos and dramatizations of a guy in a poor furry costume, It's listed as a documentary but a big MOCK really belongs in front of it. I really tried to enjoy it but that proved impossible.

I won't mention anything that aired on Scifi, those go without saying Lookingup

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 06:23:14 PM »

Don't forget BIGFOOT (1970) with John Carradine and Robert Michum's 2 less talanted sons, John and Robert.  I remember it as being bad but boring, but it's got bikers and scantily clad women so it may make your guilty pleasures list.

There's also BEAUTIES AND THE BEAST, a really boring nudist/bigfoot movie notable only for "starring" the mammariffic Uschi Digard.

Both of these would probably wind up at the very bottom of your list. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »

Harry and the Hendersons!  Still brings a tear to my eye everytime.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bigfoot movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.