Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:20:58 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What ACTORS that you DON'T LIKE are in MOVIES that you do? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What ACTORS that you DON'T LIKE are in MOVIES that you do?  (Read 8152 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 09:40:11 PM »

There are a lot of actors I don't care for, wouldn't have a beer with even if they were buying but I like there movies.
Tom Cruise, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, George Clooney (an he is a cousin of mine, thankfully distant), and about any other actor that wants to get all preachy and think that by virtue of their acting ability their worldly opinion matters. There might be some folks that might believe that is Sean Penn or George Clooney believes this or that, then they should believe it too. Ok lemming, you do that I for one will form my own opinion without the deep emotional insight of Susan Sarandon ... however I'm all for seeing her scantly clad in the hunger or dancing in lingerie in Rocky Horror. Shut up Susan, strip down and try to act. (Ok the women is now 61, but she's still not bad though.)
I love SUSAN SARANDON

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 10:24:12 PM »

I love SUSAN SARANDON

Like I've said she might be 61 years old, but I could have an Oedipus complex for a day.

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 11:07:37 PM »

Mostly, for me, it's not a matter of hating a actor so much as immensely disliking a casting choice.  Though it's usually the movies that cast comedians for comic relief.  Some 'comedians' should neither be seen or heard.

Case in point: GALAXINA.

This movie would have been SOOOOOoooo much better if the annoying comedian they cast as the captain wasn't in it.  I don't know what it is about the guy but I just can't stand the sight/sound of him.

Also anything with Gilbert Gotfried (or however his last name is spelled) in it.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 08:48:41 PM »

I've brought up Sandra Bullock a bit too much on this board. Although its not a movie, David Caruso is the reason I refuse to watch CSI Miami which would be a show I'd watch. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Caronte
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 02:23:09 PM »

Jack BLack in King Kong

I hate him because he always plays himself...

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 03:29:11 PM »

I've brought up Sandra Bullock a bit too much on this board. Although its not a movie, David Caruso is the reason I refuse to watch CSI Miami which would be a show I'd watch. 

Caruso is one of the reasons I watch CSI: Miami. He's hilarious.

I'd have to agree with Cheez on Tom Cruise. There have been more than a couple of times I've lamented that an otherwise enjoyable movie had to have that overrated nut in it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Torgo

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 05:14:16 PM »

Caruso is one of the reasons I watch CSI: Miami. He's hilarious.

That show works great as unintentional comedy mainly due to his overacting (if that's what you can call it).

David Caruso was actually quite good in Mad Dog and Glory.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Neville

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 05:57:14 PM »

Yep, Caruso was great in that movie. And he is serviceable enough in most the roles I've seen him in, except "Jade", where he looked like he couldn't care less about anything. Have you seen the opening in CSI: Miami episode "All in"? It's absolutely hilarious. I wonder why a series dealing with CSI has a lead charactar that kills more people than Dirty Harry, and often for personal reasons. Am I the only one who finds him disturbing for that? And unless they do something about it, the show seems to expect the viewers to root for him anyway.

Alright, enough with the Caruso hate. I also hate James Belushi. Never understood how such a waste of actor ended up doing so many films. And then, I saw him in a cop film called "Gang Related". Surprisingly, he was great in that. Easily his best role to date.

And I don't care much about Cruise as an actor. I think I've been able to separate the actor from the public personality, but it's just I don't like his acting. Yet his work in "Collateral" won me over from the first minute, he was terrific in that film.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What ACTORS that you DON'T LIKE are in MOVIES that you do? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.