Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:37:10 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SUBURBAN SASQUATCH - Worst Bigfoot Movie EVER???? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SUBURBAN SASQUATCH - Worst Bigfoot Movie EVER????  (Read 6182 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: April 21, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »

I haven't watched a real B movie in several weeks, and since we had a school holiday today (San Jacinto Day, when Texas won her independence), I decided to do a double feature last night.  To my surprise, I turned up with not one but TWO pieces of incredible B-movie cheese!

This one is distributed by Brain Damage Films, AKA "Troma's retarded cousins."

Basically, a large sasquatch shows up in a new development of Pennsylvania suburbia and begins systematically slaughtering and eating the residents, as the local police cover it up, an investigative reported digs for the truth, and a beautiful young Indian maid in traditional native costume (as done by Gucci) hunts for him with magic arrows.

Got all that?

This movie is SOO bad there is just a certain majesty to its awfulness.  The dialogue is some of the worst I have ever heard in any B movie - I mean, in the opening scene, when a guy and his girl are on their way to a party in their car, you are PRAYING for the beast to kill them so you won't have to listen to their inane babble for one second longer.  The Sasquatch is a tall guy in a very ill-fitting monkey suit - well, actually, parts of two different suits, because the costume is reddish brown, but the gloves are jet black!  The chest area is so fake as to be unbelievable - I mean, the nipples are PAINTED onto the pectoral muscles, and they're NOT EVEN lined up with each other!!! And as for the gore - random spurts of incredibly fake-looking CGI blood (Smothing from a 1990's video game) when the beast gets hit with an arrow, and when he kills someone you see them fall behind a car or a rock and BONES go flying in the air . . . but then when it shows them, their bodies are still intact. As far as content goes, BDF has abandoned the gratuitous nudity that was the hallmark of some of their earlier films, like DEATH FACTORY.  Other than badly faked gore and some scattered gratuitous F-bombs, this film could easily garner a PG rating.  But the odd appeal of this killer Bigfoot extravaganza is its totality: there simply are not enough words to describe just how bad this movie truly is.  My brain is leaking out my ears trying to describe it.
  Brain Damage Films finally hits a home run!! 

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:05:28 AM »

Finally got to see this. It was a riot  BounceGiggle

Figures that after I bought the DVD the entire movie is available on YouTube. Ah well.

Small | Large
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 01:58:13 PM »

This can't be as bad as say... The Geek was... right?  Right?!   Bluesad

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 08:01:40 PM »

Haven't seen it, but for worst Bigfoot movie ever, have you tried Among Us (2004)? 

It's available on Netflix streaming.  I think I managed to last 15 minutes   TeddyR

It says it's a Bigfoot movie:

Budding filmmaker Billy D'Amato (Bob Dennis) wants his low-budget horror movie to be as realistic as possible. That's why he's brought his crew deep into the woods to try and get footage of a Bigfoot-like creature.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 01:08:36 AM »

Thought I would bump this old thread up since I mentioned this movie in another thread.

Lordy this was bad!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 11:31:14 AM »

I got SUBURBAN SASQUATCH as part of one of those fifty movie packs Mill Creek used to sell.

Indy, I admire your generosity in calling this a "movie". 

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 03:33:17 PM »

I saw this on Doc Mock's Movie Mausoleum years back. Without commentary from other people this movie is painful. Twirling

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Slinkyturd
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 11:35:31 PM »

I've not seen this one, but I'd argue for Sexquatch: The Legend of Blood Stool Creek as the worst Big Foot movie ever. It's complete garbage with a few awesome one liners out of nowhere and a Big Foot that bangs his victims.

Come join my facebook fan group for bad films, "Camp, Schlock, Flops, and B Movies": https://www.facebook.com/groups/186517041720723/
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 02:57:29 AM »

The Asylum Big Foot movie (the one with Alice Cooper in it) is the worst one I've ever seen - haven't seen this so I can't compare though.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 08:27:43 AM »

I've only seen two this company's movies - Tartarus and that one with the killer mushrooms - and both use absurd amounts of CGI, even on things it sucks at in massive-budgeted movies (eg humans)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 01:56:12 AM »

A clip of this was shown on Chris Hardwick's Web Soup: very funny.  TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SUBURBAN SASQUATCH - Worst Bigfoot Movie EVER???? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.