Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:22:27 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I Love the 70's..... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I Love the 70's.....  (Read 7979 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 05:44:08 AM »

I really love the scummy low-budget and no budget films of the 70's. Like...
DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT-"Over the hill and down the glen,never go hunting for fear of little men...!"
I DRINK YOUR BLOOD
DRACULA vs. FRANKENSTEIN
the awsomely Bad BLOOD FREAK!!!!
AVENGING DISCO GODFATHER!!!!!
The rarely seen obscurity NIGHT of BLOODY HORROR with Gerald (MAJOR DAD)McRaney as a psycho!!! I have this on vhs....I'll have to do a mini recap of it soon...
Small | Large

soooooo many more !

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 11:02:10 AM »

The 70's was the decade of the director, they could get away with a lot more back then.  Even the big budget films had a sorta independent feel to them. 

I was the cashier at the local drive-in in 78-79 while going to school after my stint in the Navy.  Saw a lot of schlocky stuff.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 04:35:59 AM »

On the subject of drive-ins...

My dad knew this guy, he might still I'm not entirely sure but anyway he worked at this pizza place near a dive-in nd they would watch the movies there for free (without sound though WTF???) and he claims, that The Exorsist is not scary at all without sound, he's seen it both ways so he knows how it is.

P.S.  He watched it without sound first,so my WTF stands.

I don't think The Exorcist is scary even WITH the sound, so he is probably right! Twirling
Classic Camp
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 09:20:49 PM »

I always found the 70s to be sort of a transitionary decade. I think the 80s gave the start of the true "Blockbuster" as it is defined today, while the 60s was the last decade where independent studios could still compete on a regular basis and have at least close to the same look as a big studio flick. This gave the 70s sort of the best (and I suppose in some ways the worst) of both worlds.

"To a new world of Gods and Monters!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 04:40:11 AM »

Gotta love the 70s as the decade of the futuristic dystopia. Granted, dystopian films go all the way back to the silent era, and many of the adapted stories were written in the 50s and 60s, but the film genre really came of age with stuff like Logan's Run, THX 1138, A Boy and His Dog, Rollerball, Death Race 2000, Soylent Green, Zardoz, Sleeper, and so on.

Also can't forget the explosion of disaster flicks, such as Airport, Earthquake, The Towering Inferno and The Poseidon Adventure.

Or as the many small towns being overrun by small creatures, including frogs, spiders, worms, bees, tomatoes, etc.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 05:48:29 PM »

Don't forget the comedies.  People took a lot chances, Mel Brooks could never have made Blazing Saddles in the politically correct times we live in now.

Young Frankenstein , the Pink Panther movies, Monty  Python and the Holy Grail, The Life of Brian, and others. Hell, the list could go on and on .

They seem to be wanting to remake everyone of them these days.   The 70's was one of the greatest decades for movies.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I Love the 70's..... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.