Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:31:20 AM
714152 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm back! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 3644 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 29, 2008, 07:24:37 PM »

Go ahead and say it... "You mean you were gone?"

Anyway, dunno if anyone missed me, but I've been gone for awhile.. not physically, just been SO busy, I haven't posted or even viewed this page in a couple weeks (seems longer though).  Just got a new job working night audit at a local hotel while STILL working my other part time job at the store.  I like my new job a lot, and FINALLY got my first paycheck (pay schedule is biweekly.)  You'd not believe this, they took about TWENTY freaking percent of my check out in taxes and other crap. 

I tell ya, you gotta admire whoever thought of the whole "taking out taxes BEFORE we get out checks" concept.  If we had to write a check for that amount every pay period there'd be a freaking revolution, but, since it's already gone, we all act like obedient sheep and do nothing. 

But anyway...

As much as I like the job, it's not exactly what I want to do forever.  Ironically, I could have done this job WITHOUT the degree I spent the last four years getting, but there just aren't really much of a job market in this area.  I figure one day I'm going to have to move elsewhere, but for now, I'm just trying to save some money and knock down a few debts.  Got students loans and all sorts of crazy stuff to pay off.

Anyway, anything big happen while I was gone?  Anyone get married, have kids or (God forbid) pass away? 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 09:14:08 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:54:16 PM »

Welcome back BTM.......Yep things are happening Rich Andrini just revealed that he's a head shaver.

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 11:03:14 PM »

Welcome back BTM.......Yep things are happening Rich Andrini just revealed that he's a head shaver.

Thanks Conan. You just made me nearly snort coffee out of my nose!!!!   BounceGiggle

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 03:39:43 AM »

Welcome back, BTM.

Dr Menard came back and I am getting the evil eye from two rock hyraxes outside my window. I fed them this morning, you'd think they would just eat the lettuce and leave me alone.........aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh, get away, you!  Buggedout

TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »

Thanks Conan. You just made me nearly snort coffee out of my nose!!!!   BounceGiggle

I've never even tasted coffee.  Must be hot through the nose.  hot

That whole head shaving thread reminds me of that episode of LEAVE IT TO BEAVER.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:51:46 AM by Conan » Logged

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:57:54 AM »

Welcome back.  Sometimes we all fade out and then back in.  Life can be very much like the tide at times.  I try not to get worried about anyone until they've been gone for 6 months, unless we get a ransom note or something.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
peter johnson

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 11:19:32 AM »

I usually find I only enjoy coming here when my life is going well -- When I'm out of work or ugly stuff is happening in my world, I tend to pull into the Fortress of Solitude & not enjoy even internet socializing --
So, if I'm on here, things are going pretty good in my microcosm!!
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 12:30:13 AM »

I try not to get worried about anyone until they've been gone for 6 months, unless we get a ransom note or something.

So if I disappeared for longer than 6 months and you guys got a ransom note demanding money for my return, would you cough up the cash?   TongueOut
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 01:33:05 AM »

So if I disappeared for longer than 6 months and you guys got a ransom note demanding money for my return, would you cough up the cash?  TongueOut

Yes, absolutely.  Smile Your friendship is worth a lot more than money to me.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BTM

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 04:06:53 PM »

Welcome back.  Sometimes we all fade out and then back in.  Life can be very much like the tide at times.  I try not to get worried about anyone until they've been gone for 6 months, unless we get a ransom note or something.

Thanks!  To see THE Andrew welcoming me back, makes me like, dunno family or something. 

Ahh, hell, N/O to anyone here, but I really need to get out more.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm back! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.