Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:46:36 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who Creeps You Out? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Who Creeps You Out?  (Read 14683 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« on: April 29, 2008, 10:52:46 PM »

I'm not easily creeped out.  But there is one guy who gives me pause.  He's my neighbour.  There are two flats on each floor in my building, so six flats in all.  I have the ground floor number one and my creepy neighbour is door number 2.

The building is on the side of a hill, so it seems like we're up high.  Also, the building is set into the side of the hill with the garages underneath, so my living room/dining room and bedroom windows are actually about 15 feet up off the ground.  Great for security.  And my second dining room window, kitchen window and back screen door are on the level side of the block where the walkway is.

Anyhoo.  This guy, I'll call him Ian.  He's a divorced lawyer and balding in the Friar Tuck manner, but he keeps his hair cropped close to his head.  He wears a suit, has a posh car and owns his flat (don't ask how I know these things, it wasn't exactly legal).  He has to walk past my back door and kitchen window to get into his apartment or out onto the street. 

When I first moved in, there were the landlord's curtains on those windows, but they were sheer and you could see right into the rooms.  I was going to replace them with my own at the time, but I had little money, so it I didn't do it right away.  But I wasn't too worried about it.  But this guy kept looking in the windows every time he walked past.  He'd also look in through the back screen door.  Every.Single.Time.   Buggedout

One day, I was standing at the kitchen window when I heard his door open.  I stood there and cultivated a demon look on my face.  He went past, looked in the window, saw me and smiled.  But his smile faltered when he saw the look on my face.  Gotcha!   TongueOut

After that, I put on some nice plain bedsheets that you couldn't see through and that put a stop to that.  I was taking a sneak peak from the corner of the curtain one day when he went past and he didn't turn his head.  So sorry I had to ruin your pervy fun, you pervy perv!

He catches the bus into the city the same as me so we often end up at the bus stop together, but I ignore him, even though I've caught him checking me out.  And in the afternoon sometimes we are on the same bus as well.  I usually let him get off and walk up the hill to the apartment, while I lag waaaay behind. 

He always checks his mail before he goes inside and if I'm behind him on the street, he lingers unnecessarily sorting through his mail.    He also casually turns a little so he can see me and his mail at the same time.  This causes me to slow down even more so I don't have to meet up with him.  How do I know he does this deliberately?  Firstly, because being a woman, especially a single one, you develop CreepRadar and secondly because he does it every single time, and yet when my 6' 1" son is with me, he takes the mail and disappears.

He hasn't done anything obvious or nasty and he's never approached me or said hello or anything.  But he just......looks.  Anyone with half an eye can see that I get no visitors and there's no man in my life who comes to see me.  He's actually probably a nice person, but his behaviour is a little creepy and if he thinks I'm attractive and wants to talk, the fact that he's too gutless to actually do anything about it is enough to turn me off.  I don't like hesitant tentative men.  Especially one who's too intimidated to even say hello. 

I'm not worried about this guy going Norman Bates on me though.  But he's attracted my attention enough for me to give him a wide berth when I see him.

Anybody else have someone who they deliberately avoid because of the creepvibe?

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 02:03:13 AM »

you know how a lot of people have that "clown" fear? i'm like that with amputees. it creeps me right the f**k out. i mean, i have sympathy for the people, but i imagine myself in their situation. i'd be manic. like "i had an arm, and now i don't have an arm. where the feck is my arm?!"

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 11:52:33 AM »

you know how a lot of people have that "clown" fear? i'm like that with amputees. it creeps me right the f**k out. i mean, i have sympathy for the people, but i imagine myself in their situation. i'd be manic. like "i had an arm, and now i don't have an arm. where the feck is my arm?!"
lol...karma for that one...  BounceGiggle

I dislike clowns but I must specify the innocent looking ones.  Hence I have a hard time with the circus obviously but on top of that I fear most "carnys". 

As for people, as Killer Bees originally mentioned, there are people I generally avoid but I don't necessarily fear them.  I'd just rather not have to deal with them if I don't have to deal with them.  Several of my neighbors come to mind.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:55:54 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 12:23:06 PM »

He's a divorced lawyer and balding in the Friar Tuck manner, but he keeps his hair cropped close to his head.  He wears a suit, has a posh car and owns his flat (don't ask how I know these things, it wasn't exactly legal). 

Why don't you with a couple friends ask him if he'd like to go out. Sounds like you might be interested in him.

When you gave him the frown he should have stopped. Let people you know a little about him in case something happens just as a precaution. He should probably say something to you. He might just be entertaining himself as he may be with someone else and/or a busy man to get overly involved with you at this time to ask you.

Just be careful, but don't take all humans to be perverts. When you drive down the street you have to trust those around you to drive safely. The same goes for most anything. Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 12:31:10 PM by Conan » Logged

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 12:28:35 PM »

You know who creeps me out? People who want to know what creeps me out, that's who!  'Cause I'm thinking, why do you want to know? Do you take some pleasure in knowing what creeps me out, so you ask me just to creep me out?

Why are asking? Man you're really creeping me out by asking me, so you must just want to creep me out .

I think I'll throw up now.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:14:37 PM by trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 08:04:42 PM »

You know who creeps me out? People who want to know what creeps me out, that's who!  'Cause I'm thinking, why do you want to know? Do you take some pleasure in knowing what creeps me out, so you ask me just to creep me out?

Why are asking? Man you're really creeping me out by asking me, so you must just want to creep me out .

I think I'll throw up now.

I gave you karma for that, because you made me laugh!!!   Thumbup

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 08:26:59 PM »

I gave you karma for that, because you made me laugh!!!   Thumbup

That's what's cool about the internet, you can make someone laugh on the other side of the world.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 08:25:48 AM »

Spiders. 
That's what creeps me out.
I think they're the most hideous, evil looking creatures on the planet.   Buggedout
odinn7

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 03:04:33 PM »

Spiders. 
That's what creeps me out.
I think they're the most hideous, evil looking creatures on the planet.   Buggedout

Yet you own scorpions...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 07:06:54 AM »

People who stare at me for longer than they should or for longer than I feel comfortable with. I mean, you all know what I look like and I'm no oil painting, so why do they want to look at me?  Question Do I perhaps have something unbuttoned or Lord forbid, something hanging out? Buggedout

My usual response to this is to grab my shirt and say to them "Is this yours?" Robert DeNiro had the best response in Midnight Run when he said to another character "Are you going to propose? Because if you're not, quit staring at me."

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
moman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 08:05:09 AM »

This weird guy in my town who wears tracksuits, glasses and either has curly hair or a skinhead. He just looks like a psycho and I think he is, apparently he's raped people. He has a big bad dog as well.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 09:15:21 AM »

tela Tequila
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 08:12:41 PM »

Mrs. Danvers as played by DAME JUDITH ANDERSON in REBECCA (it's on TCM right now...)  BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Eyesore
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 08:31:58 PM »

Remember the Welch's grape juice commercials with the "Welchkins"; the super-articulate little kids in them? I still have nightmares about those creepy little buggers. Alan Thicke creeps me out. Lewis Black's abnormally long-nailed and hyper-articulated pinky fingers creep me out. The new Burger King commercials with the non-animated (yet entirely too animate) "King" in them creep me out. Jeffrey Jones now creeps me out.

Klaus Kinski, Malkovich, and Willem Dafoe are kind of creepy, but very intriguing, and I think I'd like to shoot the s**t with them.

I'm also creeped out by the fact that I find Hillary Swank so hot.... Buggedout
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »

There's a mentally challenged man in my neighborhood, I really have nothing against the man, he waves and says hello to people if he sees them, he's perfectly nice.  I'm just uncomfortable when he's in the area near my house.  I don't know why, I just find him disturbing.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who Creeps You Out? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.