Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:00:05 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay  (Read 4841 times)
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 30, 2008, 04:10:49 PM »

This is a fratboy/stoner movie too good for its audience.

I was ready to laugh, but worried I'd cry. In the end I left ready to watch it again.

Thumbup

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 04:15:42 PM »

I might see this when it comes out on video but not in theaters, then I can pause, rewind, and giggle histerically to my leisure.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »

I loved the first one.  Looking forward to this one, but I'll be cheap and wait until in comes out on DVD

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 08:33:38 PM »

Without giving too much away, I love the "branding" scene with Neil Patrick Harris.  In the words of Harold: "Neil Patrick Harris is a freak, dude." 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 10:00:21 AM »

I still have to see the first film.  I'll probably put it in my NEtflix Queue when I remove the hold on my account.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 02:26:19 PM »

I liked it. Plenty of good gross out humor. The fellas are called on to eat a pretty nasty "sammich" down in Gitmo. They're only there for about 10 minutes but everyone of those minutes is funny. Corddry is good and Ed Helms is hilarious when interrogating the boy's parents. And in one very very brief and funny scene Harold lets us know what kind of music he was into in high school. A very wrong part of me hopes these guys can get a real franchise going and become the next stoner Hope and Crosby.  Or maybe do some really over the top stuff like blast into space, fight vampire/zombies or travel thru time to meet Hercules. Anyway make sure you stay thru the credits.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 04:06:59 PM »

A very wrong part of me hopes these guys can get a real franchise going and become the next stoner Hope and Crosby.  Or maybe do some really over the top stuff like blast into space, fight vampire/zombies or travel thru time to meet Hercules. Anyway make sure you stay thru the credits.

I'd prefer them being like Cheech and Chong.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 08:32:00 PM »

I liked it. Plenty of good gross out humor. The fellas are called on to eat a pretty nasty "sammich" down in Gitmo. They're only there for about 10 minutes but everyone of those minutes is funny. Corddry is good and Ed Helms is hilarious when interrogating the boy's parents. And in one very very brief and funny scene Harold lets us know what kind of music he was into in high school. A very wrong part of me hopes these guys can get a real franchise going and become the next stoner Hope and Crosby.  Or maybe do some really over the top stuff like blast into space, fight vampire/zombies or travel thru time to meet Hercules. Anyway make sure you stay thru the credits.

I wish I had stayed through them.  I heard that something happens.  Either way, I heard the writer/director said something about a part 3 at the opening.

And, I had no idea that Chris Meloni had returned for this.  Different character (he played the Grand Wizard this time), I was like, "He looks familar."  Then I found out it was him. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 05:05:33 PM »

**1/2 out of ****.

Not as consistently hilarious as the 1st movie was, but still worth a look by fans of the 1st movie.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 05:39:59 PM »

See it in the theatre people. Waiting for rental is what makes the movie less money, thus what makes long-awaited sequels take so long  Wink

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 12:49:28 AM »

I still don't know what I think of this movie.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.