Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:51:14 AM
713341 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Good Things Happen When The Americans Invade « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Good Things Happen When The Americans Invade  (Read 18770 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« on: April 30, 2008, 08:02:41 PM »

Well, it's finally happened, and about time too!

My town has, at last, opened up a Krispy Kreme donut shop   Cheers
Before then, you had to go to Melbourne or Sydney for the donuts.  They have stores at the airports.  But this one is actually in the city so I can get some any time I want.  Thumbup

I went past this morning and the line was out the door! 

And more good news, there's talk of Walmart opening up here too. I know that most people think it's an evil corporation and you're probably right.  But I love the stuff they sell and the prices are good too.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 10:02:08 PM »

Be careful of those sugary treats, they're light as air going down but they can make you lose your girlish figure in no time.

They are so good though that like Lays Potato chips, no one can eat just one!

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 10:43:07 PM »

The only good thing about diabetes is that I can't eat any Krispy Kremes, so I get to keep my girlish figure... errr... my manly figure! Manly! Uhm... I'm gonna go eat some celery sticks!  TongueOut

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:44:27 AM »

You are welcome to all the Krispy Krap you want ... personally I think they are just nasty. I know a lot of people like them, my wife buys the nasty little things. I think she does it because she knows I wont eat them, I prefer the hot, soft and fluffy glazed sin of the local bakery.
Wal-Mart you can have that too, haven't been in one in nearly 10 years. Ah yes America the empire of the chain stores. If you get a Wal-Mart, Lowe's is soon to follow. There are many Wal-Marts where there isn't a Lowe's a stones throw away. 

Menard
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 03:12:56 AM »

And more good news, there's talk of Walmart opening up here too. I know that most people think it's an evil corporation and you're probably right.  But I love the stuff they sell and the prices are good too.

Yeah...what's not to love about Wal-mart?

Abandoned storefronts, depressed local economies, low quality products.

Don't forget to go around and say goodbye to some of your local mom and pop businesses when Wal-mart invades.

There has been talk of Wal-mart starting to bleed financially over the past two years; of course, this is just talk. Wal-mart has been over-expanding in the larger cities where their under-handed tactics have not worked. All they have succeeded in doing is splitting up their customer base among their new stores.

Wal-mart won't fall anytime too soon, but they don't have any friends and those that are loyal to them are in such fragile financial shape, depending entirely on Wal-mart for their existence, that they are in no shape to do anything to save themselves, and Wal-mart will sacrifice every one of them to save themselves.

Wal-mart sort of reminds me of Freddy Krueger. There is a scene in one of the Elm Street movies where all of Freddy's victims come back on him and destroy him (at least for that film). Wal-mart has made so many enemies and left so many corpses in their wake that when they need help, and they will, they will be taken apart piece by piece.

But, hey, if someone can save a buck or two, who really cares how much someone else suffers? Lookingup
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 04:11:43 AM »

Zardoz has spoken!!!

Drink

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 05:07:24 AM »

Yeah, I remember the fuss when Krispy Kreme opened up near where I used to live. Ridiculous what people would do. Of course, it didn't last here. It isn't often a homegrown Canadian business can completely repel an American invader, but loyalty to Tim Hortons is too strong in this country. Canadians are pretty serious about our coffee and donuts. But then, Tim's itself has become an ever-expanding empire, popping up all over cities, in malls, in stores and in small towns. I recall they've even been trying to push into the US. Weird that they've been around for 40 years, but in just the last couple of decades, they've exploded all over the place.

The Krispy Kreme thing, although it was a novelty for a while, wore thin pretty quickly. It was big with people who follow fads and buy into hype, but they eventually move on to the next big thing. And, of course, their hearts and minds belong to Tim Hortons. It's practically a club. I like Tim's, but I worry about what it does to pleasant local coffee shops when it comes to town.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 05:49:09 AM »

And, of course, their hearts and minds belong to Tim Hortons. It's practically a club.

Is their motto "Gooble Gobble" by any chance? TeddyR

That sounds like pizza places around our neighborhood. Dominos and Papa Johns moved in over recent years, but the local pizza places have been here for decades and will never leave because Brooklynites hold their homegrown pies as gospel and everything else is crap. I've only been here for a few years, but I have to admit I'm drinking the Kool-Aid too. Drink

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 05:52:01 AM »

What my town needs is a POOL TABLE!
There usted to be 3 bars and four pool tables. Two of them had pool tables. They changed hands some years back and now theyre more of restaurant type things...no pool tbles,no juke boxes...no pinball machines or pickled eggs or peanuts. Just 1001 fancy shmancy beers and food.

The only desent bar in town is Old Hat...they have blues and bluegrass bands play on weekends and a pinball machine. AND a juke box! It's a micro brewerey...I don't like beer. But the music is good!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 06:17:32 AM »

Yeah...what's not to love about Wal-mart?

Abandoned storefronts, depressed local economies, low quality products.

Don't forget to go around and say goodbye to some of your local mom and pop businesses when Wal-mart invades.

There has been talk of Wal-mart starting to bleed financially over the past two years; of course, this is just talk. Wal-mart has been over-expanding in the larger cities where their under-handed tactics have not worked. All they have succeeded in doing is splitting up their customer base among their new stores.

Wal-mart won't fall anytime too soon, but they don't have any friends and those that are loyal to them are in such fragile financial shape, depending entirely on Wal-mart for their existence, that they are in no shape to do anything to save themselves, and Wal-mart will sacrifice every one of them to save themselves.

Wal-mart sort of reminds me of Freddy Krueger. There is a scene in one of the Elm Street movies where all of Freddy's victims come back on him and destroy him (at least for that film). Wal-mart has made so many enemies and left so many corpses in their wake that when they need help, and they will, they will be taken apart piece by piece.

But, hey, if someone can save a buck or two, who really cares how much someone else suffers? Lookingup

I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague if all possible.  I really can't stand it since I have had some bad customer service experiences with them.  The only time I really go there is if I have to buy a bunch of underwear since I can get a good bit for a good price.

I used to go there on a weekly basis, bu that was when I was in my impulse buying habit.  I used to buy like $40 to $50 worth of DVD's each week, and it really depressed me, so I'm trying to get rid a lot of those DVD's since I really didn't like most of the ones that I got.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 06:21:25 AM »

Krispy Kreme donuts were something I enjoyed until I changed up my diet.  Then the place folded up because people out here can't seem to shake the Dunkin Donuts addictions.  Dunkin Donuts to me is mostly sh*t and sadly there is one on every corner in my area.  I find their coffee is always at a high inconsistency strength wise.  Some places you can't even taste it and then other places the hair on your chest grows in the first sip. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 07:50:27 AM »

What my town needs is a POOL TABLE!
There usted to be 3 bars and four pool tables. Two of them had pool tables. They changed hands some years back and now theyre more of restaurant type things...no pool tbles,no juke boxes...no pinball machines or pickled eggs or peanuts. Just 1001 fancy shmancy beers and food.

The only desent bar in town is Old Hat...they have blues and bluegrass bands play on weekends and a pinball machine. AND a juke box! It's a micro brewerey...I don't like beer. But the music is good!

I imagine the pool tables left when that guy came to town and started a marching band  TeddyR

---------------------
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 07:55:22 AM »

Krispy Kreme donuts were something I enjoyed until I changed up my diet.  Then the place folded up because people out here can't seem to shake the Dunkin Donuts addictions.  Dunkin Donuts to me is mostly sh*t and sadly there is one on every corner in my area.  I find their coffee is always at a high inconsistency strength wise.  Some places you can't even taste it and then other places the hair on your chest grows in the first sip. 

Tim's coffee is really good. Their donuts are no longer made fresh (trucked in half baked and finished off in the local oven), but still tasty. Most significantly, they've turned into almost a deli in the last decade or so, adding soup, freshly made sandwiches, etc. Competition for donuts alone won't hurt them.

---------------------
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 08:11:45 AM »

I never really got into the Krispy Kreme fad either.
It's funny, most of their locations here have shut down.  They seemed to be doing fine and then all of a sudden they just closed.
Now, about the only places you can get them is at convenience stores.

I personally think Donutland has better donuts anyway.
They're thicker, tastier, come in more varieties and are generally the same price, if not slightly cheaper than the grossly overpriced Krispy Kreme's.

As for Wal-Mart, I only go there occasionally to get a few groceries or to check their $5 DVD bin.  And I'll only stop there if I happen to be driving by one.  I never actually plan a trip to Wal-Mart.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 08:31:54 AM »

menard- but let me guess,  target is okay?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Good Things Happen When The Americans Invade « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.