Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:32:24 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cops are D-bags. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Cops are D-bags.  (Read 16930 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: May 01, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »

If you are a cop, well, sorry. But I think this is rediculous.

Cops make me sick. Not angry. No, the word "angry" doesn't really hold enough power to sum up my feelings for pigs. How about "disgusted" or "makes me ashamed to be a human being." yea. That'll work for now.

What is with these "protecters of the people"? It's like they have nothing better to do but go harrass kids on skateboards or give minorities trouble. It's not like there's drug dealers or house burgalers they could be stoping. Hevens no! They should be out there cuffing kids for being at a park after hours or maybe picking on black people because they look "gangsta" or whatever the hell they call it. Cops aren't here to protect and serve. Cops are here to make sure the people don't get any ideas and make the state money by giving out undeserved tickets.

......that's all I have to say. 

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 10:40:27 PM »

Sorry, man, but I had to ding you for that one.  Thumbdown

Cops are people.  There are good ones and bad ones, mean ones and kind ones. But all of them put on that badge everyday to uphold the sacred idea that our whole system of government is based on the rule of law.  And each one of them knows, when he puts on the badge and gun, that he may not live to take them off again.

One of my high school classmates, 44 years old with three kids, is learning to walk and talk again right now because some punk 19 year old crack whore shot him through the neck while he was executing a routine warrant.  He is a man of high character and noble spirit, and I don't like hearing anyone trash his professon.
 I've known many others like him, but I've only known one bad cop in my life.  Yeah, he pretty much ruined a whole small town, but it was other cops that eventually busted him and sent him to state prison for corruption.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
KYGOTC

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 10:47:03 PM »

Alright, i can respect that. Maybe there are decent cops out there. But I sure as hell have never met one. It's always been "Are you high, boy?" And sometimes "Are you RETARDED boy?". Iv'e never done anything to give these pricks any reason to give me trouble, but they do.

And I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he recovers. But I have to ask, (and in all due respect) why did he become a cop in the first place? Because so far from my experience, any cop I've met hasn't done it because "they belived in the greater good."

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 11:00:46 PM »

Ahh! I see your 19 ... yes all authority figures are evil good for nothing SOB's when you're 19. So having been 19 about 25 years ago I'll give you a pass on your anger. I think most folks from age 18 to around 25 have a elevated angst and hostility about them, nothing wrong that just part of the maturing and mellowing process. Been there, done that so to say.

Think of it like this, when someone breaks into your house and steals your stuff, or rear ends you, or God forbid harms your family, who are you going to call. You see 24 hours a day, 7 days a week the police ... oops I mean the pigs are out there not only protecting you but enforcing the law. Some laws are stupid, even cops will tell your that but perhaps there is a law  on the books that says no skateboarding in some areas, like sidewalks where elderly people leaving stores might get hit, or  mom's with children.

The thing is there might be a reason other than their just wanting to harass people. 

KYGOTC

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 11:15:17 PM »

there is a law  on the books that says no skateboarding in some areas, like sidewalks where elderly people leaving stores might get hit, or  mom's with children.

Yea, that's reasonable. I agree. But what about abandoned parking lots that nobody is around? (well, nobody but the asses who called the fuzz on us.)
Becasue thats where I got hit today. And it wasn't a "ok, guys time to move it along". it was a "I never wanna see you f**king kids aroung here again. never come back." followed by checking of IDs and backround check.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 11:18:39 PM »

Small | Large

YIKES!!!!!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 11:26:10 PM »

My cousin's a cop and he seems to be a pretty good one.  I wont dock you though because you obviously ran into a bad one and that one run in can completely change a person's perspective.  Anyhoo, I hope that this wont cause you to become too prejudice to deny the fact that these people are out there to protect people, most of the time.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 11:32:51 PM »

Yea, that's reasonable. I agree. But what about abandoned parking lots that nobody is around? (well, nobody but the asses who called the fuzz on us.)
Becasue thats where I got hit today. And it wasn't a "ok, guys time to move it along". it was a "I never wanna see you f**king kids aroung here again. never come back." followed by checking of IDs and backround check.

First of all, you really are WAY overgeneralizing.  Some cops are stupid jerks.  But not all.  And not most.  Some.

I've been a cop, and I grew up around cops.

One thing you might think about with the abandoned parking lot is that it MIGHT be private property and the owner has asked for that law to be enforced there.  Or, it might be City property and the City leaders have asked for that law to be enforced there.

And you said yourself, somebody called "the fuzz" on you, so why not be mad at them...what's the cop to do? Ignore the complaint?

From your description, "get out of here" with an id and bg check, it seems like you got off EASY.  If you were trespassing, you could have been arrested - as in taken to JAIL.  Checking ID's and backgrounds is ONE WAY cops find people with warrants, so while you are complaining about having to do it, keep in mind that that is ONE WAY they actually find burglars, rapists and even murderers.  You don't know who someone is until you ask.

You could have politely refused to produce your ID.

Skaters do get a bad rap, and I've never understood it.  But hey, the cop MAY have just been doing his J-O-B, and inside, he may not have liked hassling you over skating any better than you like being hassled.

Sometimes, it's a no-win situation, and getting/being p**sed only makes things worse.

Some positive things you could do/say:

"Okay, officer, is there a place where we ARE allowed to skate?"

"Can you tell me why I am not allowed to skate here?  Which law/ordinance is it that forbids it?" (watch your tone with this one so it does not come out smart-assey).

Attend a City/Town meeting and ask the town leadership to provide areas for skaters.  At least write a letter asking about it.

Buy a piece of property and construct a 'skate park' for yourself and/or your friends.

Good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 11:38:48 PM »

I agree that the cops choice of words were poor, but not all cops act that way. Even an abandoned parking lot is owned by someone. So I'd guess there are no loitering laws on the books. When I was younger than you we hung out at the riverfront RIGHT NEXT to the police station and they still ran us off, it made no sense since all they had to do was look out the window to see what we were doing.
EDIT: It became painfully clear why they didn't want cars on the riverfront a few years later when one rolled down the hill attended and killed 2 and injured others.
If laws made sense we wouldn't need lawyers.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 11:43:25 PM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 11:47:41 PM »

Lawyers????!!!!! Most ( I said MOST,Cheezy) lawyers would do anything for ...yup...$$$$$$. They could give a F$CK about justice...It's alla  money game

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
KYGOTC

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 11:57:09 PM »

My cousin's a cop and he seems to be a pretty good one.  I wont dock you though because you obviously ran into a bad one and that one run in can completely change a person's perspective.  Anyhoo, I hope that this wont cause you to become too prejudice to deny the fact that these people are out there to protect people, most of the time.

But the problem is this isnt the first thing this type of thing has happened. Like I said, i've ben called "pothead" (i don't smoke anything) and I've been called retarded for doing nothing more than being at a park maybe 5 or 6 minuetes after it closed or walking around in a creek. I'm always running into these bozos, And not one of them has been a decent cop. they remind me of guys who would throw me up against lockers in high school.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 12:05:03 AM »

Lawyers????!!!!! Most ( I said MOST,Cheezy) lawyers would do anything for ...yup...$$$$$$. They could give a F$CK about justice...It's alla  money game

99% of Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name.

KYGOTC

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 12:10:32 AM »

First of all, you really are WAY overgeneralizing.  Some cops are stupid jerks.  But not all.  And not most.  Some.

No, I think most is a good word for it.

I've been a cop, and I grew up around cops.
Respectfully, why did you decide to join the police?

And you said yourself, somebody called "the fuzz" on you, so why not be mad at them...what's the cop to do? Ignore the complaint?
Im sure there are more imporatant things to take care of than bust a few kids riding around on abbandoned pavement. And i think i do have a right to be mad at the person who made the call. We were obviously not doing anything to hurt anyone or anything. It's like calling the cops on a kid for playing with a jump rope.

From your description, "get out of here" with an id and bg check, it seems like you got off EASY.  If you were trespassing, you could have been arrested - as in taken to JAIL.  Checking ID's and backgrounds is ONE WAY cops find people with warrants, so while you are complaining about having to do it, keep in mind that that is ONE WAY they actually find burglars, rapists and even murderers.  You don't know who someone is until you ask.

I agree that it could have been worse, but I certianly don't consider being hastled be some dickhead to be "getting off easy".

You could have politely refused to produce your ID.

You can do that? Thank's for telling me this! Will i get in trouble at all for that?

Some positive things you could do/say:

Okay, officer, is there a place where we ARE allowed to skate?"
 Alright, thats good.

Attend a City/Town meeting and ask the town leadership to provide areas for skaters.  At least write a letter asking about it.
also good.

Buy a piece of property and construct a 'skate park' for yourself and/or your friends.

Me and my friends were actually talking about this after the incodent.

Good luck.

Thanks. I'll need it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 12:14:10 AM by KYGOTC » Logged

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 12:17:57 AM »

I agree with ulthar about skaters getting a bad rap.

I live in downtown Cedar Rapids, Iowa and during the warmer months, there's not a whole lot to do here for the younger kids.
So they like to skate downtown here in the parkades and on pretty much anything made of cement.
I live in a highrise building and a 9 story circular (downward spiral) parkade is attached to my building.
Skaters love to skate around here and especially in the parkade.
The bad thing is that the managers of my building and the owners of the parkade hate the skaters.
They call the cops on them anytime they even get a glimpse of one and I never understood why.

They're just kids having fun.

Once, around 2 or 3 in the morning, I came home to find some skaters hanging out near my parking space on level 9 and I talked to them for a few minutes.
They seemed really cool and were only there at that time of night because it affords them a great view of the city and they knew the cops would get called on them if they skated there during daylight hours.
I told them that I didn't mind them skating in the parkade as long as they didn't mess with anyone's cars or "tagged" the walls with grafitti. (which has happened before) and they were totally cool with that.
They weren't hoodlums looking for trouble.  They just wanted a cool place to skate and I told them that I respected that and told them that I wouldn't tell anyone that they were skating in the parkade so late at night.
They respected me for being so understanding.
I told them that if they see anyone messing with my car to f**k them up for me and they said they would.   Wink

As for bad cops...
Yes, there are good ones and bad ones.
Fortunately, most of the cops in my city are pretty good.  They're family men just like most of us here.
If they've got a bad attitude, then they seriously need a vacation.
I've found that when it comes to dealing with the cops, it's all in how you talk to them.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 12:23:50 AM by Ash » Logged
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 03:59:47 AM »

No, I think most is a good word for it.

So, you've met >50% of all cops worldwide or have access to some scientifically conducted research to support this?

Look, I'm truly sorry that your experience with cops has been so negative.  But like others earlier in this thread have pointed out, they are laying it on the line every day and they really don't LIKE to answer stupid calls like "hey, there's skaters across the street!"

The truth of the matter is that MOST cops are decent, hardworking people just trying to get by (ie, survive, pay the bills, etc) in an extremely stressful job.  It does not help to call "all" or even "most" of them dirt bags or use terms like "pigs" to describe people that would literally die, give their own life, to help you if you were in trouble.

Im sure there are more imporatant things to take care of than bust a few kids riding around on abbandoned pavement.

It doesn't matter how petty the call is.  Somebody calls the cops, they HAVE to show up. 

What you have to understand is that from the response end, ALL calls are important.  The cops don't get to make judgements like "oh, that's just some skaters, I'll blow this one off."  Do you realize that the highest percentage of cops that are killed are killed making "routine" traffic stops?

And you did say that someone called the cops.

And i think i do have a right to be mad at the person who made the call. We were obviously not doing anything to hurt anyone or anything. It's like calling the cops on a kid for playing with a jump rope.

You can be mad all you want.  The question you have not answered yet is this: were you in fact breaking the law?

It does not matter if you agree with the person who called the cops on you if you were 'technically' in the wrong.  It also does not matter if you agree with the law or or not.

If that was private property, you were trespassing.  It does not matter if anyone was using it or not.  If you are not at home, does anyone have the 'right' to use your house?  Of course not.  We do have property rights and laws to protect those rights.

If it was public property and there is some kind of "no skating" (or even a "no loitering") law or ordinance on the books, you were likewise in violation of the law.

But you tell us...was it private property?  If not, what specific law were you supposedly violating?  If you weren't violating ANY law or ordinance, that changes the flavor of this whole discussion.

I agree that it could have been worse, but I certianly don't consider being hastled be some dickhead to be "getting off easy".

Everything is relative.  Get hooked up and taken to jail for real and you'll probably think "hey, getting told to scram ain't so bad."   Wink

I understand your frustration, but I think the language you have used in this thread is WAY out of proportion to being told to leave somewhere you wanted to be.  Even if the cop said it without much, uh, shall we say, social grace, no real, lasting harm was done.  You don't have a criminal record because of this, and no one got hurt.

You can do that? Thank's for telling me this! Will i get in trouble at all for that?

(I am not a lawyer, so this is NOT legal advice...just making conversation here).  Of course you can do that.  Why would you think otherwise?  Careful, though, I did NOT say to refuse to tell him who you are or to lie about who you are. 

Depending on what state you live in, you MAY have what's called a Stop and Identify law.  This stuff gets pretty tricky, and you have to be careful.  Terry v Ohio is an EXTREMELY important case for cops, and it involves a lot of wording like "totality of circumstances" and "reasonable suspicion."  But mostly these laws seems TO ME (not a lawyer) to apply to TELLING the cop who you are.  I don't think there is any present law requiring you to carry any form of ID.  Yet.

(Again, be careful...if you HAVE it and you say you don't...a lie can figure into all that "reasonable suspicion" stuff...it only hurts you to lie in this kind of circumstance).

However, if the cop saw you breaking a law (trespassing, loitering on public property, etc), I'm not sure if Terry even applies.  At that point, he's gone past "reasonable articulable suspicion" and is well into "probable cause" territory.  Seeing you violate the law is pretty good probable cause.  And that's all he needs for an arrest.

The other way to look at this MIGHT be to say, "hey, that cop was pretty cool....he COULD have arrested me/us but instead he just told us to beat it."  He may not have seemed very nice about it (which in fact MAY have been an act...maybe not, but maybe), but he could have been doing you a HUGE favor.

Thanks. I'll need it.

You'll be fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cops are D-bags. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.