Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:22:45 AM
713336 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WORST MOVIE EVER!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: WORST MOVIE EVER!!  (Read 19820 times)
pjpants
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 01:36:59 PM »

it was aftermath! that was a pointless movie that was just tring to shock people. enimy at the gates came out and i was in college (majoring in russian history mind you) and i HATED it. english accents, historical inaccuracies, and a guy with bullet teeth. wow just wow awful
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »

Yeah, this thread has already collapsed a bit, but that's to be expected when you ask a question like that around here --
"Worst Movie Ever!!" can't be entertaining.  Some of the bad films mentioned here have amused at least some of us with their very badness.  I mean, you can't mention "Pumaman!" on a thread like this because you can get so much amusement from the crap special effects, the ridiculous story, the Donald Plesance scenery chewing, etc. etc., so even though any serious film student would find it appalling, we here would find it wonderful in its own special way.
That said, while I've seen some films lately that I really hated, they can't qualify as "Worst Ever" because of say, good photography or high production values.  I don't think it would be fair to some really horrible films were I to name "The Devil Wears Prada" as The Worst Film Ever simply because I loathed it as a film. 
So, I guess, for sheer mind-numbing-I-don't-understand-why-anyone-likes-this-ness, for me it's still got to be "Equinox", even though I have a good friend who's not mentally challenged who really enjoys it -- even has the Special DVD Edition of it, with all the bells and whistles.  Get that thing away from me . . .
No way in heckfire are we going to get any consensus here on Worst Film Ever, though some of the nominations make me laugh, and that's a good thing!
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 03:33:35 PM »

Britney, Baby, One More Time...

American Movie was such a monument to every kind of mockumenterary that I had high hopes.

I can't even remember if I finished it, because memory of it brings back violent emotions.

I wanted to murder whoever it was that put the money up for this perfect example of movies going from bad, to pitiful, to unforgivable.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
jpgordo
New Visitor

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 06:33:48 PM »

Tennessee Williams' Haunted Alligators is pretty terrible from the early 1960s.  It's playing all this month on the Manka Classic Movies Channel... really bad...

http://www.mankabros.com/television/manka_classic_movies/index.htm

Thumbdown

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 07:10:51 PM »

No way in heckfire are we going to get any consensus here on Worst Film Ever, though some of the nominations make me laugh, and that's a good thing!

You want a consensus for WORST FILMS/FILM MAKERS EVER?

I've got two words for you: Polonia.  Brothers.

Cheers

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Raffine

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 07:44:39 PM »

You want a consensus for WORST FILMS/FILM MAKERS EVER?

I've got two words for you: Polonia.  Brothers.

Cheers

I'd call 'em a close second to Andy Milligan, but God Bless the Polonia Brothers!  Cheers

On a more somber note, did you know John Polonia passed away earlier this year?

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,118267.0.html

There movies are wonderfully terrible but this was really sad... 

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
akiratubo

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 08:56:49 PM »

Alligator Alley - Bad, bad, bad movie about drug smugglers in the Everglades.  That sentence is more entertaining than the movie, mind you.

Headless Eyes - A guy is robbing a woman and she puts out his eye.  He then goes around spewing a stream-of-consciousness voiceover and putting out people's eyes after stalking them for EXTREMELY long periods of screentime.  Even when the son of a b***h DIES he won't stop with the voiceover.

Exterminator II - It has all the stuff I usually love about bad 80s action movies, but it sucks.  It hurts in a way few movies can.

Headwig and the Angry Inch - A guy from East Germany gets his penis cut off - leaving him with the "angry inch" - so he can pretend to be a woman and accompany his American lover back to the 'States.  Bonus: it's a musical.

Even Cowgirls Get the Blues - Uma Thurman has huge thumbs, making her the world's greatest Hitchhiker.  She goes to a commune full of lesbian cowgirls and ... er, stuff doesn't exactly "happen" but there is stuff.  Near the end, there's a fairly lengthy monologue about paper bags blowing in the wind.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:45:17 PM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
peter johnson

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 10:30:45 AM »

?? --
I don't get cable or satellite, but can someone fill me in as to what the deal is with this "Manka Bros.", please?
I went to the site, and it looks to be an overly-long parody of Turner or AMC.  It even has made-up "fun facts", and interviews with non-existent people.  Some of the joke descriptions of films did make me smile some, but it seems pretty obsessive to me -- someone seems to have built an entire false history of films and studios, but some of it also seems to purport to be "real" --
Surely, none of these --"Tennessee Williams' Haunted Alligators"??? -- are real films . . . or are they?
Firesign Theatre constructs elaborate false worlds as well, with their own recurring characters and internal logic -- How best to approach this "Manka" business?

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 11:02:58 AM »

I'd call 'em a close second to Andy Milligan, but God Bless the Polonia Brothers!  Cheers

Don't recall if I've seen any of his movies.  Are they worse than what Asylum's released straight to DVD recently?

Granted some of their movies are fun, in a hilariously bad sort of way.  Then there is Dragon.  I just can't imagine anyone making a 'movie' worse than Dragon.  It's utter rubbish.

On a more somber note, did you know John Polonia passed away earlier this year?

No.  I was not aware of that.

Now a moment of silence for those who brought us PREYLIEN.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2008, 11:10:10 AM »

Don't recall if I've seen any of his movies.  Are they worse than what Asylum's released straight to DVD recently?

Granted some of their movies are fun, in a hilariously bad sort of way.  Then there is Dragon.  I just can't imagine anyone making a 'movie' worse than Dragon.  It's utter rubbish.

So are you saying when I rented last week and had to return it unwatched do to lack of time to view it, I didn't miss anything ... I'll confess the previews looked pretty cool (but they normally do).

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2008, 11:31:45 AM »

So are you saying when I rented last week and had to return it unwatched do to lack of time to view it, I didn't miss anything ... I'll confess the previews looked pretty cool (but they normally do).

Your tastes may be different than mine.  See my review of >Dragon<.  But, to summarize:

WTF?  An empty lot 'forest', more 'forest', everywhere 'forest' and trees. .  more trees. . . NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BounceGiggle

Raffine

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2008, 11:48:40 AM »

Here's a good primer on Milligan, who's probably best known for his werewolf 'epic' THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!:

Andy Milligan's Ghastly Stew part 1
 http://www.horror-wood.com/milligan.htm

Part 2
http://www.horror-wood.com/andym.htm

peter johnson

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2008, 01:06:27 PM »

Hey, I bought "Dragon" for a buck, too!  I want my buck back!!
"Haunted house movie"??  I'm shooting a Haunted House movie right now, and things HAPPEN in Haunted House movies -- your review that says "Dragon" is about nothing & people standing around babbling about nothing and doing nothing is bang on the mark.  I kept waiting for something, anything to take place -- boy did I waste my time.  The extremely poor CGI dragon -- looking vaguely like an irritated Australian beaded-dragon lizard -- appears all of 2 times.
Don't spend your dollar on this one!!!
. . . still, it didn't inspire in me the raw disgust that "The Devil Wears Prada" does . . .

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2008, 04:23:07 PM »

Your tastes may be different than mine.  See my review of >Dragon<.  But, to summarize:

WTF?  An empty lot 'forest', more 'forest', everywhere 'forest' and trees. .  more trees. . . NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BounceGiggle

Alright I rented it again today (Movie Gallery has 5 gallery rents for $2.50 for 5 days) and I'm going to see if it just that bad you foks say ... surely it's not worse than a Uwe Boll production and I like his crappy movies.

Raffine

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 04:55:59 PM »

Anybody see THE WAR OF THE WORLDS (2005)?

No, not the Speilberg version, and not the one with C. Thomas Howell, but the looong Timothy Hines version with the goofy CGI and the many, many walking sequences?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WORST MOVIE EVER!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.