Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:54:21 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  BABY BOOMERS - GETTING OLD? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: BABY BOOMERS - GETTING OLD?  (Read 15396 times)
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 01:32:28 PM »

Well I'm a fine vintage 1963 so I'm a tail end baby boomer or a tweener depending on your reference. I don't think old, feel old, act old but I'm sure if you're 20 right now I'm old. I know that when I was in my early 20's I thought those that were in their late 30's and beyond were old.

Yeah, I find that the older I get, the younger old people seem. In my head, I'm still in my twenties for the most part. I know my body says otherwise, but why should I listen to some stupid meat popsicle? And yet, I can't relate to the general twenty-something generation. Granted, I couldn't relate to them when I was that age, either, but I notice it more now.

Talking to my mother (she's 82), I asked her if she felt old. She said she still thinks of herself as a young woman, and she can't really get her mind around the concept of "old." She still parks farther out wherever she goes to let the "old people" have the closer spots. She teaches the older ladies' Sunday School class but feels inadequate because she's one of the younger ladies in the class (our church has two ladies that are 100 years old).

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 01:41:49 PM »

BounceGiggle TeddyR "Born.........tubby........mild...."  TeddyR
That's "bored...,"  Trevor.   Wink

I was born in 1967 so I don't know what that makes me...
1967?  That would make you a GenXer (Generation X). 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Raffine

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 01:48:05 PM »

Karma for bringing shorts.   Smile Not that you'll need them or anything.

But I will need them: I do want everyone to see my skinny legs and knobbly knees.  TeddyR

Well, if you come to America Trevor you won't need underpants. We all secretly don't wear them. This has been the key to our nations success. We're just like France we don't wear underpants. 

A friend told me yesterday he had to go to a big fancy wedding this past weekend and he wore underpants for the first time in years. He said it was actually quite nice and he may start wearing underpants on a regular basis!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Raffine

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 01:49:52 PM »

Well I'm a fine vintage 1963 so I'm a tail end baby boomer or a tweener depending on your reference.

I prefer "Monster Kids" for our just-past-Boomer-not-quite-GenX- generation.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 02:06:09 PM »

Yea, I'm 43 and feel it sometimes, but I still like to be goofy like a kid. When talking to to 20 somethings I usually find a disconnect as far as life experiences go and find myself being a kind of mentor adopting a role that awakens and hopefully guides young(er) people.

I'm in fair physical health, but am always trying to get in shape. I have a specific weight and tone that I'm trying to get back into since my surgery last October. Last Summer I was in my ideal condition. I'm not far from getting back, but I'm not doing any heavy lifting with free weights till this fall. Don't want to bulk up eithier, but rather to be nicely tone and free of any nagging injuries of the past. It's seems that every time I'm on the right track something comes along and bumps me off course.   Smile

It's been a rough 2 years for me, but I'm grateful for all the insight that suffering provides. 

Karma for bringing shorts.   Smile Not that you'll need them or anything.

But I will need them: I do want everyone to see my skinny legs and knobbly knees.  TeddyR

Well, if you come to America Trevor you won't need underpants. We all secretly don't wear them. This has been the key to our nations success. We're just like France we don't wear underpants. 

A friend told me yesterday he had to go to a big fancy wedding this past weekend and he wore underpants for the first time in years. He said it was actually quite nice and he may start wearing underpants on a regular basis!

Oh, see. There you are Trevor. I wouldn't lie to ya.  TeddyR

Edit: There goes the country.

Yea, Hanes makes you feel good all under.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 02:12:54 PM by Conan » Logged

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 02:27:25 PM »

I was up on a 2 story roof today with a 12/12 pitch (that's 45 degrees for you non-builder types in other words steep for a roof) Well, when I was 20 I thought if I fall I'll land hit and roll and all will be well, I'll dust myself off and get back up there. Now that I'm 44 I think if I fall I'm going to break something or die and have to call 911.  As a rule I don't do steep roofs anymore for no other reason than gravity, anything over a 6/12 pitch I tell them to call someone younger (and dumber). Heights don't bother me, falling doesn't bother me ... it's the landing that bothers me. I don't bounce as well anymore.

Well back to the roof I ran by the shop here to get a safety (repelling) harness and rope ... something I would have never used when I was 20 on a roof ... those things are for pansies I'd said ... well paint me pink and call me a pansy at least I know I'll be safe and unhurt tonight. Amazing how age will change your outlook on things and attitude.   

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 06:01:47 PM »

You took the words right outta my brain! I date from 1962. Grew up on monster mags,models and movies on late nite TV.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 08:22:47 PM »

You took the words right outta my brain! I date from 1962. Grew up on monster mags,models and movies on late nite TV.
Oh, yeh...

Scott

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 09:28:13 PM »

Well back to the roof I ran by the shop here to get a safety (repelling) harness and rope ... something I would have never used when I was 20 on a roof ... those things are for pansies I'd said ... well paint me pink and call me a pansy at least I know I'll be safe and unhurt tonight. Amazing how age will change your outlook on things and attitude.   

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle

Five Star Super Karma for you CheezeFlixz.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 10:30:55 PM »

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 01:06:55 AM »

Heights don't bother me, falling doesn't bother me ... it's the landing that bothers me. I don't bounce as well anymore. Well back to the roof I ran by the shop here to get a safety (repelling) harness and rope ... something I would have never used when I was 20 on a roof ... those things are for pansies I'd said ... well paint me pink and call me a pansy at least I know I'll be safe and unhurt tonight. Amazing how age will change your outlook on things and attitude.   

BounceGiggle TeddyR

Oh, see. There you are Trevor. I wouldn't lie to ya.    TeddyR

BounceGiggle TeddyR

BounceGiggle TeddyR

It's 8h04 in the morning here and I've already had many smiles and chuckles over this subject.  Smile There's another one, see? What hath my underpants wrought?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »

It's 8h04 in the morning here and I've already had many smiles and chuckles over this subject.  Smile There's another one, see? What hath my underpants wrought?

And the bigger question: What will you use to clean that mess up?  TeddyR

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 08:08:24 AM »

And the bigger question: What will you use to clean that mess up?
TeddyR

I have absolutely no idea, Derf..... hang on, my neighbor hangs his washing quite close to the wall that separates our properties. So, if I can can avoid getting zapped  hot by the electric fence thingummyjiggy, I can steal his underpants and use them.

Then I'll tell him you told me to do it.  TeddyR

Scott

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 10:19:41 AM »

Well, I'm not sure this will help your morning underwear dilemma Trevor, but last month I bought two triple packs of size "32" Hanes underwear because they had a sale on underwear at a local department store. Took them home and put them in a drawer. A month later I went to open one of the packets only to find they were size "42" ! ! ! Fortunately the other pack was size "32". In my underwear haste I must of accidentally picked up a packet of the wrong size.

My problem is that although they all have retained their freshness after a month in the drawer I'm stuck with 3 pairs of "42's" and without a receipt. Without a receipt there is absolutely no chance of returning them unless I leave them at the entrance of the store without getting a refund.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:43:30 AM by Conan » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 10:31:14 AM »

I can solve your problem quite easily: post them to me.  TeddyR

Trevor T. Moses
Department of Arts and Culture
Private Bag X236
Pretoria
South Africa

There is someone at our dept. who opens our mail without permission: undies in the mail should cure him of this very quickly indeed.  Smile

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  BABY BOOMERS - GETTING OLD? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.