Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:15:22 AM
713347 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Power of DVDs to Solve Plot Holes « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Power of DVDs to Solve Plot Holes  (Read 2945 times)
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« on: May 06, 2008, 03:50:11 AM »

The Untouchables. One of my favorite films ever. Costner acting badly. DeNiro with the baseball bat. Nitti's "in the car." The stairway shootout. You know the one.

As much as I loved it, there was always one tiny little plot hole that always bugged the hell out of me. It concerns this fellow, who I call the "Shipment Guy" because of his line to Capone. Here he is wimpily reporting to the bossman himself:

Now having worn out my VHS copy of the film watching the action sequences over and over, I eventually noticed that he's one of the guys on the bridge during the shootout.

He's the one who says, "The count looks okay" to George the accountant. He's last seen ushering George to the car....and then he disappears. Or so I thought. I spent years trying to figure out how in the hell he got away from that mess. And then I got the DVD. And it was all explained by one paused frame:

Blink and you'll miss 'im on VHS. I certainly did. Although how he managed to get behind them still begs an explanation. And I still think they should've made his escape more obvious, especially when they make such a huge deal out of Ness chasing down that other guy who slipped away.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 03:53:13 AM by Kooshmeister » Logged
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 06:39:43 AM »

This is not a plot hole, but is a great DVD "freeze frame" moment.  In the original PSYCHO, when Arbogast is getting knifed in the face at the top of the stairs, try freezing the picture just as the knife wound appears on his face.  You can clearly see he has a piece of make-up on his face that someone off camera pulls away with a piece of fishing line or something to reveal his wound.  Played at normal speed, it looks like his face is being slashed.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:03:12 PM »

What I mean is before getting the DVD I never noticed it, so it was a plot hole to me.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 05:55:02 AM »

Koosh:  Sorry - - I wasn't talking about THE UNTOUCHABLES . . . I was saying the scene in PSYCHO was not a plot hole . . . just a moment you can examine by using the freeze frame function.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Power of DVDs to Solve Plot Holes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.