Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:48:02 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Filed under "Things That Annoy Me" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Filed under "Things That Annoy Me"  (Read 4141 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 05, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »

I HATE those f**king "talking" ads that keep popping up all over the damn place.  Here I am surfing the net, and I've got the volume turned up just a bit so I could hear whatever low volumed media file I played twenty minutes or so ago and then I click on a page and hear:

"Congratulations, you have been selected to receive a free IPod phone!!!"

Ahhhhhh!!!! Bust my damn eardrums why don't you?  GOD!  It's bad enough they've got ads now that look like Windows Messages and Important Alerts and Crap that takes up half the screen that you gotta hunt around for the "X" button so you can shrink the damn thing and view the page you want to look at (I talking to YOU imdb!) But this is cherry on a s**t sundae.

(Hey, I just made that up!)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 08:10:03 PM »

How about the ones for downloadable emoticons for chatting and there's the one that keeps going, "HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" remember that one?

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 08:41:49 PM »

I'm glad I have no speakers on my work PC.  That would seriously annoy me too.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 10:47:24 PM »

We have three computers in the WRIR studio.
One of them goes out over the air.
Before I figured out how to work the console, one or two of these found their way onto Richmond airwaves.

Still not as embarrassing as that one time I darn near broke The Twelfth Tradition over the air.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 11:24:58 PM »

I love AdBlock Pro I rarely have see an add and it kills nearly all pop ups and those IMDB floating adds. I was on a friends computer who did not any ad or pop up blocks and man I had no idea the internet was such poppin up, dancing, talking ad place.   

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 08:09:08 AM »

Installed Vista service pack I the other day (about a gazillion megabytes).  Shortly afterwards I noticed my E drive (DVD) had disappeared.  Oh, that's niiiiice.  I'm not entirely sure it was the service pack that made it disappear, I hadn't used it for a couple of days.  Luckily I found a site where I could download the fix, otherwise I would have had no idea what to do.  It needed to change some stuff in the registry or something.

Shopping for a subwoofer for my stereo system.  Been looking up a lot of product reviews.  I love the way Google always directs me to the same freakin' Pricegrabber, Shopping.com, Dealtime, Shopping.aol.com, Nextag, etc.  None of which have any reviews.  But they do mention "reviews", so that's why I get them.  Cnet is my favorite.  Their reviews are very good, unfortunately they don't have reviews for 99% of the stuff I'm looking for, but they always come up in my search results.  I click on them and always get "Be the first to post a review".  And, do I even need to say it?  The one time I just wanted to look at prices for something, all I got was sites with reviews!  Yes, the product is unpurchasable, but it's very well thought of.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 08:19:22 AM »

The talking adds annoy me as well, but since we switched to a new network due to a company buy out, they are not as much of a problem, since a lot of sties are blocked (Which annoys me to some extent).

Spam e-mail is another one that bugs me often.  No matter how much I delete or block, I get more in it's place.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 10:36:32 AM »

With the advent of more and more multimedia ads, we are seeing more with audio.  By default, I have it set for only "user activated" audio ads on the site.  Sometimes others slip into the rotation.

The ones that drive me nuts are interstitials.  All they do is make me click "skip this ad" as fast as possible.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 11:42:32 AM »

Those IMDB ads Cheeze mentioned are terrible.
Don't get me wrong, I love the IMDB and go there pretty much every day.  But their ads are some of the most irritating and intrusive I've ever seen.

The worst are the ones where you click a link on an IMDB page and it'll take you to the next page, only for you to discover it's an ad for a new movie and at the top of the screen it says something like, "We will take you to your destination after this message."
And next to it is a countdown timer.  You can wait for it to count down or click through it.
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!   Hatred
With those, you can't block them.  You have no choice but to click through it.
There ought to be a law against those.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »

You cannot go on a game on Addictinggames.com without hitting a pop-up.  And you absolutley can't get around these, the pop-up blocker message shows up, the pop-up still comes up!  Then you can't move at all and you have to wait for it to fully load so you can close the freakin' window!!1 Hatred Hatred Hatred

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Filed under "Things That Annoy Me" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.